“Marriott at Magnificent Mile” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile

You added Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   540 N Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #105 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Big Spring, Texas
“Marriott at Magnificent Mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

I enjoyed my stay very much. The hotel was lovely, I had a view of the beautiful city right out my window. Customer service is top of the line! Loved it. Wanted to bring home my bed it was so comfy!

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Turkish first
massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Stayed at the hotel only 1 night. Arrived early to find the room was available, always a plus. Lobby was packed but the check in line moved very quickly. I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful young lady. The room was on the 43rd floor over-looking the city. What a view!! The rooms are a bit small but they are clean and comfortable. The hotel is in a great location with plenty of restaurants. A quick vist to the concierge desk answered all my questions. A very good experience in a great city. Only downside: why do some hotels continue to insist on charging for internet service. It drives me crazy!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Hartsdale, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Stayed here in Room# 2230 from July 22-25. Room was nice, internet good. Bathroom is TINY. No room to open/close door once you step out of shower/tub. That should be remedied if they remodel. I was also missing shampoo but had double conditioner. They brought up some shampoo immediately. Work out room(s) are terrific. A full compliment of treadmills, ellipticals, steppers, etc. And a separate room for weights/yoga/machines. Plus a pool area. The onsite restaurant is delicious. The soup/sandwich $10 lunch special was a nice surprise. Everyone was very nice. But here was my problem - since my room was not ready upon check in I stored my luggage with the bellman. When I got it back, my laptop screen had been destroyed. They did send an investigator, and everything was resolved to my satisfaction and I have a new laptop. So booo to the bellman but YAY to the Loss Prevention Officer (Gabriel) and Claims adjuster (Kyle). They did a good job. Another goof, upon packing for home I could not find my MK "Very Hollywood" perfume (roll-on) that I kept in the bathroom. I later spoke with housekeeping who said it wasn't in lost & found. If anyone sniffs out a housekeeper with a lovely citrusy-floral new perfume on... mazel tov. Either that, or it got thrown out with washcloths in the bathroom and ended up in the laundry/trash. I can recommend the hotel (minus the bathroom) to others, but the staff should be more careful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

If you want to be close or have easy access to most downtown attractions, this hotel is great. The rooms were very clean, a bit small with 2 double beds. Couple blocks from trolley stop, in the middle of shopping, walking distance to good restaurants. Had breakfast buffett at the hotel, which was delicious. Staff is courteous and helpful. You do hear sirens all night long which can be annoying, but expect that when you're downtown. No microwaves or frig in room, but they did bring us a frig when we asked about it. A little pricey.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I went to sleep and woke up with bites ALL OVER MY LEGS IN LINES OF THREE! Although I didn't see a bug, the bottom of the box spring was ripped open - which suggests that they spray for bugs! When I called the hotel, they reacted fast and changed my room. They said they would "lock-down" the room and have an independent third-party confirm whether there were any bugs. Although they told me that this thrid-party did not find any bugs, they also refused to show me the report generated by this third-party (which would have showed the type of tests they ran, etc.)!

Later that day, I asked the hotel to bring a flash light to my new room so I could thoroughly check my new bed. The first staff member that arrived was not accompanied by a member of management and I told him what had happened to me and he was VERY SYMPATHETIC and said IT WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME. He gave me the flash light, let me check out the bed myself and then left after I was finished. About 10 minutes later, I got another knock on the door - this time with a member of management with another staff member with a flash light. This time they conducted the search (which was not as extensive as mine) and kept putting doubts in my head like it could not have happened!

Don't stay here unless you want to be some creepy crawler's meal! Hotel management will not admit to the problem!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

This hotel is nicely located but so are many others along Michigan Avenue. Most disappointing for us was the lack of microwave and refrigerator. Our room was very small, barely room for the two queens and the bathroom was miniature. For the price, it is not a value. The staff was very gracious, especially the concierge and maid service. Room was clean, wall to wall windows afforded a beautiful view at night. Siren noise frequent. This hotel is geared to conference and business travelers, not families. Good restaurants are in the neighborhood. Our stay at the Hyatt last year was much much better. Disappointed to pay $16 a day for in-room high speed internet. Felt nickel and dimed for every add on. Free wi-fi hotspot in hotel lobby hard to connect and slow and blocked my e-mail service.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Ventura County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel on Michigan Ave. So central to everything. The room was wonderful, quite large and Marriott bedding is always so comfy. The bathroom was a little small. The lobby is large and lively and has a full serve Starbucks! Great service everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. We were on a combination business and pleasure trip and it fit our needs perfectly.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!