“Great hotel in prime location” 5 of 5 stars

Cyber Parking Savings!
Ranked #90 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great hotel in prime location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My stay at the Hilton Chicago over Labor Day weekend was great. I had a corner room on a high floor and had great views of Lake Michigan. The location was not too far from restaurants and shopping. I had access to the Executive Lounge and the breakfast was nice with a variety of options.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hudsonville, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The stay we had at the Hilton in Chicago was just ok , i had called ahead before we went and we were quoted for parking was $20.00 a day but when we got there we where charge $52.00 a day
wow what a big difference and the Hotel would not do anything to help us, so our weekend away was deeply hamper do to money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael H, Manager at Hilton Chicago, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please accept our sincere apology for your disappointing experience as it relates to the additional parking charges. I was very disappointed to hear you were quoted incorrectly prior to your arrival which caused a damper in your weekend stay.
Please be assured, we work hard to maintain one of the most competitive pricing for the downtown area so that we may bring any additional saving to all of our valued guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to serve you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Staying at this hotel is generally over $250 per night thus my expectations were a little higher than a budget motel. I would like to emphasize that staff was helpful and work hard at doing their jobs. However when it comes to technology, I do not understand how this property investors attract any convention business. When I tried to connect my laptop with an HDMI cable to the room TV, I was unable to do it even when they sent a maintenance person to work on it. Perhaps they do this believing that if guests cannot connect their computers they'll be compelled to buy their TV programming. They hide the original remotes which generally give access to changing inputs. I understand they have their own policies but what is wrong with keeping an original remote at the front desk and allowing guests to check them out as needed. I called this an unnecessary inconvenience and lack of vision on the property owner’s vision. Wireless connection was also very bad; there were certificate issues for the group meeting connection, WiFi kept disconnecting which made me lose my work several times. So if you are planning to do any work on your computer you should reconsider your stay.

Room Tip: Double rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please accept our sincerest apology for your disappointments during your stay especially, as it relates to your experience with the TV programming and internet access.
Our goal is to always provide the finest in guest services and from what I understand we failed to do so during your stay. Please be assured, feedback such as yours enables us to focus on opportunities for improvements. I have discussed the issues noted

Portland, OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here for a conference. This supposedly five-star hotel is completely overpriced and overrated. For over $250 a night, the room (a so-called Executive Suite -- I have a hard time imagining any self-respecting executive staying here) is TINY, the bathroom even tinier. The hair-dryer didn't work, the wifi cost extra (when free wifi is almost ubiquitous), and the bathroom vent fan was broke the entire three nights we were there. We called for maintenance for the fan the first day but nobody ever showed up. The front desk staff are not only highly unfriendly (talking to you without a trace of smile or warmth) but also completely incompetent. My roommate and I split the charges and she checked out a day after I did. Guess what, I was charged TWICE (for both my portion and her portion), while she was already charged for her portion. Like, seriously? I'd stayed at Motel 6 and similar low-end places, and none of them ever messed things up like these people.

I will never stay at Hilton again unless it's fully paid by someone else. Period.

Room Tip: Executive Suite ain't what it sounds like. Beware!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Clearly we fell short in meeting your expectations and our normal high standards during your visit and for this I sincerely apologize. It is evident that there were a number of issues you experienced which caused you disappointment of the Hilton Chicago. Please know we take feedback such as yours very seriously and use the information to focus on opportunities for improvement and/or training.
Again, please accept my sincerest apologies for your disappointments especially; as it relates to the executive suite and the level of service you received from the Front Office staff. Please be assured, your experience is not typical standards of the Hilton Chicago and that I have personally spoke to the heads of the departments to ensure such incidents are not repeated.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here for a conference recently and ended up in a suite on the 22nd floor overlooking Lake Michigan. It was tempting just to stay in the room. Staff here are friendly and efficient, even offering help with my dead cellphone. A great location, near museums and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hampshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have stayed in a few of the hiltons and believe this was one of their best ones. We had a junior suite which was big, spacious and very comfortable. The bed and pillows were just right. Perfectly located opposite Lake Michigan, perfect location for all the shops, attractions and bus trips etc. The hotel is stunning, has the most beautiful ballroom we have ever seen.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Edwardsville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Full of old charm, although somewhat awkward in that they have tried to modernize. We stayed on an executive level (24) in an older room. Amazing view (rm.2178) of buckingham fountain, the lake, and navy pier. The big bonus, two bathrooms! Concierge was amazing and sooooo helpful, what a highlight! I would recommend, although for $235/night I would choose closer to north Michigan avenue the next time.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Chicago? Share your experiences!