“I was robbed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Chicago Downtown

You added Travelodge Chicago Downtown to your Saves list
Travelodge Chicago Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   65 East Harrison Street, Wabash St & Harrison St, Chicago, IL 60605 (The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #121 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
South Bend
“I was robbed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had several items stolen from our room and a broke TV without any signs of forced entry. Had HOUSEKEEPING call us and tell us they mysteriously found ONE of them a day later. Now they're ignoring us

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Brownsville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I went with my cousin and it was nice to stay in if you want to be close by downtown area. There was no breakfast but oveall good location and beds were comfortable. The metra was a few blocks away and all bus stops were close by too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
DEWITT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was not impressed with Travelodge's service. The hotel that we stayed at in Chicago took two hours one night to get a hair-dryer to our room and after we put a do not disturb sign on the door (at that point we decided to go to bed) we got woke up at midnight with someone who had finally brought a hair-dryer up (and this was after two calls). Overall, the travelodge is not a place I would choose to stay again. We also were never informed on breakfast times or that it was even an option, and our bed did not have a fitted sheet or mattress pad on it so after a night stay of sleeping the sheet they used to cover the bear mattress, we woke up sleeping on top of a matteress top that many people have slept on, gross to say the least.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Fulton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Montanta was a pleasure and Gem who should be rewarded as an assets to your company. She was friendly and full of knowledge and was willing to go out of her way to get us information because we were not from Chicago. I wish she would of been the one on duty when we 1st arrived because the guy wasnt much help when we got there. He seemed like he was annoyed that I even asked about early check-in which was at 3pm. I asked if we could come back and check a little later and he stated you can but I wont have a room. I know we got in early buy I did come back about 2pm and he was right, without even checking he stated " I have nothing " So if you think getting there early was an option rethink it because tere not kidding check-in is 3pm and no sooner. The Cubs Convention started at 1pm and because of the room situation we didnt get their until 4:30. Thanks I tried to ask a few question about different kinds of transportation and he acted like he didnt have time for me and was no help what so ever.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Wanted to stay downtown and our travel agent recommend the Travelodge since it was so close to the college. The hotel is OLD - the doorman and desk clerk could not even get us a cab; the lobby is old and worn but then the room was no better so I guess if you want an old hotel we got it. The morning clerk was nice the afternoon girl that checked us in was shy. Hotel Needs a major facelift - the breakfast was ok and the dinner in the hotel was something worse. Maybe the Board of Health needs to inpsect both places DIRTY and not really good hygene. Never again stay here.

Room Tip: select a better hotel -
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
LAKEWOOD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Rooms are old and smell dust. The air conditioner made so much noise, we had to turn it off to sleep in silence. The room then got very cold..... you must see we didnt get the very best impression. (Clevland).
In Chicago the room was ok.
I hoope it get better next time...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Travelodge is one of the cheaper downtown options.... but it is not worth the money that you save. The decor is super old and run down... the window in my room looked out to a building that I could barely see (because the glass was so grungy) even though it was less than 5 feet away. It is in a convenient location... which is pretty much the only thing that is keeping my from giving it a terrible rating instead of poor

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Chicago Downtown? Share your experiences!