“Great location, great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Chicago

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Chicago to your Saves list
Days Inn Chicago
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   644 W Diversey Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60614 (Formerly Days Inn Lincoln Park - North) (Lakeview)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #50 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Pittsburgh
“Great location, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed here twice over the past few weeks for a total of 4 nights while moving my daughter to Chicago. You can not beat this hotel for the price in the Lincoln Park/ Lakeview area. Diversy is a busy street, so we requested an interior room that faced a courtyard. The rooms varied in size but were very quiet, clean and comfortable. The free WiFi is nice, valet parking is cheap for Chicago ($26), the front desk and valet staff are friendly and helpful and the free breakfast was good.
I would definitely recommend this hotel when on a budget.

• Stayed July 2014
Rachael H, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Chicago, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Beth H.,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our quiet, clean, and comfortable accommodations. We are happy to offer our guests complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and economical valet parking, and are pleased to know that you appreciated these amenities. Thank you for your willingness to recommend us! We hope to welcome you back to the Days Inn Chicago in Lincoln Park/Lakeview on your next visit to Chicago.

1,353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Arrow Rock, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

As many reviewers have stated the standard rooms are small. However, being a former Front Desk Manager for another hotel chain, I was impressed by the room. For their size the rooms are laid out well and make great use of their space and it was very well cleaned. I appreciate that the staff was friendly and helpful and the valet attendants, both the hotel staff and the contract company, were always available to help and ask how we were doing!

I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because of minor details. It would be helpful to have more outlets available in the rooms. There is limited counter space in the standard room’s bathrooms. And it would be helpful for the front desk to have wine bottle openers and bottle openers available for guest use.

Thank you for the great stay!

Room Tip: Spring for the Business class room! I will next time!
Dear Spencer J.,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago and for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased to hear that you were impressed with your room and that you had a great stay. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff members, and are glad to hear that they were friendly and helpful. Thank you for your suggestions. We are in the process of updating lamps in several of the rooms which will include additional outlets. Our front desk typically has corkscrews and bottle openers available for guest use, but these items are often borrowed and not returned. We will be replenishing our supply to ensure that we have these items the next time they are requested. Thanks again for sharing your comments! We hope to welcome you back to the Days Inn Chicago on your next trip to the Windy City.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed here by myself for one night last night because my daughter had orientation at DePaul and I was looking for a place that was close. Having valet parking was very helpful. The room was pretty small, but since I was staying by myself it wasn't an issue. The bathroom was very old and due for updating, but clean. It was actually kind of charming. It reminded me of a hotel I had stayed at in Ireland at a kid and I felt very at home there. I turned the air conditioner on right away and the room cooled off nicely. It made enough noise to drown out the city street noise that everyone was talking about. However, the air conditioner could not drown out the sound of what I think was the elevator banging away all night. I'm pretty sure my room was behind it (430). It wasn't loud enough to wake me from my sleep, but had I not been exhausted from the day's activities it might have. The whole time I was awake and watching tv I heard it. If the air conditioner was not on it would have driven me crazy and I would have asked to switch rooms. Other than that, the bed was super comfy, the room was very clean, the front desk was very nice, and it served it's purpose. I had some travel points that helped pay for the room, too, so that helped. I did not have any of the breakfast because I had planned to have breakfast with my daughter at DePaul, otherwise I would have taken advantage of that since it comes with the price of the room. I would recommend this hotel if you needed somewhere to stay the night that is close to DePaul or if you were going out for a night on the town and needed someplace to crash. I would definitely stay here again if I planned a fun night in the city or possibly for family weekend or other DePaul events.

Stayed July 2014
Rachael H, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Chicago, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear ramie724,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting nearby DePaul University. We are happy to know you were pleased with our comfortable beds, clean accommodations, and friendly front desk staff. We are sorry to hear that you were bothered by noise from the elevator during your stay. Should you choose to stay with us again, feel free to request a room away from the elevator and stairways. We always do our best to accommodate any guest requests. You can also request an inside facing room, as these tend to be quieter than those facing the street. Many, though not all, of our bathrooms have been recently renovated, especially those in our spacious Business Place rooms which offer larger accommodations and additional amenities including a microwave, minifridge, and complimentary daily snack pack. We appreciate your willingness to recommend us, and hope to welcome you back to the Days Inn Chicago on your next trip to visit your daughter at DePaul.
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My husband and I just returned from our trip to Chicago a day ago. We had a wonderful stay. Our trip was a Father's Day gift to a Wrigley Field game as well as Wrigley tour. The hotel staff was awesome! Especially the desk clerk Jacqueline who was a tremendous help. There was no question asked she didn't address. We were also pleased with the cleanliness of the room and courtesy of everyone. I read the reviews before making the reservations and was not disappointed. We have stayed in many hotels during our travels this was a very pleasant stay. From the valet parking at the entrance to the room everyone was a professional. Great location with great restaurants and easy access to public transportation. When we return to Chicago this is where we will stay without a doubt.Thanks for making a great trip awesome!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rachael H, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Chicago, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear J G,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your wonderful stay! We will gladly pass on your kind words to Jacqueline. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our friendly and helpful staff, and that we did not disappoint. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our exciting Lincoln Park location near great dining and steps from public transportation. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Chicago!
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My daughter and I stayed here in June of 2014 when we took in the 100th birthday celebration of Wrigley Field. The room was very clean, but a little cramped on space. The bed pretty much took up the whole room. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The walk to Wrigley was not bad. We started out taking a cab, which took a wrong turn on a street under construction. As we sat watching the meter tick, we handed the cabbie five bucks and hiked to Wrigley Field. The day was VERY cold and on the return back to the hotel we found a wonderful fish and chips bar (Duke of Perth) featuring an all-you-can-eat fish and chips special. Many good restaurants surround the area in addition to our find. All in all, our experience was fun, and we both agreed, under similar circumstances we would stay at the Days Inn Chicago another time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Calamityjan,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago and for taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us, and that you enjoyed our clean accommodations and friendly staff. We're glad that you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to Wrigley Field and countless restaurants. Duke of Perth is a great choice! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Chicago. We recommend trying one of our larger standard rooms (like ones with a queen or king size bed), or any of our Business Class rooms which are quite a bit larger than our standard rooms and include additional amenities like a microwave, minifridge, complimentary bottled water, and snacks. Thank you again for sharing your review.
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the this hotel for two nights for a Cubs game the end of June 2014. It is a great location to Wrigley, only about a 1.2 mile walk down Clark St. There are also lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance. Although the street noise could be heard - we travel with a sound machine and they also provided ear plugs in the bathroom so it was not an issue at all for sleeping. The beds were very comfortable and it was nice having a refrigerator in the room.The staff was extremley polite, valet parking was nice (altough we did not move car) & breakfast was great for a continental (bagels, waffles, yogurt, fruits, toast, etc). We will definitely stay here again as we love Chicago & this was not a bad price compared to other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about street noise ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Rachael H, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Chicago, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Adams6438020,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn Chicago and for taking the time to share your positive comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our exciting location near Wrigley Field! We're also pleased to know that you found our beds to be comfortable, our complimentary breakfast to be satisfying, and our valet parking to be a nice service. We hope that we may welcome you back to our Lincoln Park/Lakeview hotel on your next visit to Chicago!
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a terrible experience with this hotel and would never recommend it to anyone. We were using a credit my father in law had from a previously booked room that he was not able to use. That apparently was problem number 1. The date we needed to use the credit they tell us requires an upcharge since it was July 4th weekend. Umm, ok. However, ultimately we couldn't make it on that date so my wife (and we have the phone records to prove it...which is sad that I even have to mention that) calls 2 weeks before the night we are to stay there (WELL in advance of their "24 hour cancellation policy") to cancel. First, the lady tells her they can't cancel it because it is a credit. We say, wait what? What do you mean you can't cancel it, we're not getting stuck with this upcharge because you don't know how to do your job. She then says you can cancel, but you'll lose the credit (already paid for mind you). Ok, fine. Cancel it and we lose the credit, let's be done with it but we're not getting stuck with the upcharge. But that's just the beginning.
So we call back the day of the previous should-have-been-cancelled booking because we feel uneasy given it seemed like the previous person we talked to to cancel didn't know what she was doing and sure enough, she failed to properly cancel our reservation. Now we are told "there is nothing I can do since it's inside the 24 hours and we have this policy" (nevermind we called 2 WEEKS ago and canceled, but that person messed up) and we're going to be stuck with this extra upcharge and our credit is gone. So we are told to call back after 930AM to speak to the manager that same day (July 5th). We call back and guess what, no manager is going to be in today all of the sudden. So either we were lied to or this is more incompetence. The persons we speak to are also incredibly rude, which is shocking considering they made the mistake and this is an industry that is centered on customer service/satisfaction.
At this point we're done playing nice guy and demand to speak to a supervisor. We are told there isn't one available all weekend now, call back for Scott the manager Monday. So we call corporate to file a complaint, which they file, but they say we need to talk to the local hotel manager about the potential incorrect charge since they failed to cancel our reservation. The hotel says we should expect to hear back from Scott the manager Monday. So Monday rolls around...no call back at all. None.
My wife calls and she is then called back by a Stephanie (apparently Scott the manager is too busy or too much of a coward to actual deal with a complaint) who is argumentative, accusatory, rude and completely not helpful. She accuses us of lying about cancelling (uh, we have phone records of calling there) and refuses to help us. Rather than apologize for a mistake their hotel made, she was accusing us of lying and being incredibly rude to my wife. This is the kind of service you can expect from this hotel. There are many others in Chicago and Lincoln Park where you won't have to deal with this nonsense. Avoid this one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DaysInnChicago, General Manager at Days Inn Chicago, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Josh G;

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Chicago for your stay in Chicago. I’m sorry you were unable to stay.

While we have a variety of rates and typically a 24 hour cancellation policy, the specific discounted rate that was booked in this case did not allow for cancellations or changes. One has to check a box acknowledging the fact that he or she is booking a no cancel/no change reservation. When we received the call in February to cancel this reservation, we changed the arrival date from February to June so the room could be used at a later date. In fact we made a second goodwill change to the reservation – to a new July date and changed the name of the arriving guest – so the credit wouldn’t be lost. Yes, the rates in July are higher than in February so you were informed that we would charge an additional amount.

I apologize that the front desk manager was not in when you called on Saturday, which was also your arrival date. However, I received the information from corporate and I did call your wife Monday morning to discuss the matter. I was trying to get as much information as possible from her as she was unable to provide me with a cancellation number. I was told that if I don’t issue the credit she would write negative reviews on various review sites. I told her I would have to do additional research and that I would call her back.

Every keystroke related to every reservation is logged. Looking at the log for this reservation, we did not access the reservation from the hotel, but a confirmation was emailed by Days Inn central reservations two weeks prior to the July date. When one calls to cancel a reservation we do so immediately and provide the caller with a cancellation number. Cancellation emails are sent out upon request. This reservation was not cancelled. There were various notes in the reservation regarding the goodwill changes we made, but no indication that someone tried to cancel the reservation. We often issue goodwill credits and always try to work with guests, but when we are threatened with negative reviews we are much more likely to adhere to our policies – in this case not to issue a credit without a cancellation number. I left your wife a voice mail Monday afternoon that the no-show charges would stand.

We are sorry you are not satisfied with hotel policy and this situation.

Been to Days Inn Chicago? Share your experiences!