“Great hotel near Lincoln Park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Chicago

You added Days Inn Chicago to your Saves list
Days Inn Chicago
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   644 W Diversey Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60614 (Formerly Days Inn Lincoln Park - North)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #56 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Indiana
“Great hotel near Lincoln Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed here with my husband and niece for one night while visiting family in Lincoln Park. The room was bigger than I anticipated. The hotel is older, but very clean. It's in a good neighborhood and we felt very safe walking to nearby restaurants. The staff was helpful and pleasant. The breakfast was basic, but suited our needs well. The shower was surprisingly strong and felt great after a day of walking. The beds were a little softer than my husband likes, but my niece and I were quite comfortable. I recommended this hotel to other family members who are planning a trip there soon & wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

when i first got there it was nobody there to help me with my bags, the workers literally watched me come in and struggle with my one year old in her carseat, a backpack on my back, diaper bag across my shoulder, another strap bag in my hand and stroller in the other. The room was extremely small, the double bed looked like a twin size bed, my feet hung off the bottom. The shower had pubic hair on the floor, i got bit by something in the bed not sure if it was bed bugs or something else but i know i got bit on my inner thigh. They put me in another room right next to it and an hour later someone else occupied the same room i got bit in. Not only did they occupy it they woke me and my daughter up at 5am from the bed knocking and loud sex noises. They also only clean thier sheets not the blankets so if your brave enough to still stay there after reading this my advice to you is to bring your own bed in a bag and cleaner.

• Stayed August 2012
DaysInnChicago, General Manager at Days Inn Chicago, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I'm truly sorry that you had a less than pleasant experience at our hotel! We have extremely high cleanliness and customer service standards and have won numerous awards - so I'm very surprised to read your comments. Our smallest beds are double beds, we do not have twins. However, we also have queen and king beds and business class rooms. These rooms and beds are typically larger and the rates are a bit higher. All roms have duvets and while we don't wash the duvets daily (the duvet is inside the duvetcover similiar to a pillow and pillowcase) we wash all linens daily unless specified by a guest staying over. Again, I'm sorry that you were not completely satisfied. If you would like to contact us directly, I would be happy to further address these issues with you.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice and have recommended it to friends. I would stay here again if I hadn't already moved to Chicago.

It is a very clean hotel and the location is perfect for someone that does not want to stay in an overpriced downtown hotel. It's right at Diversey and Clark which hosts and abundance of restaurants, pubs, and stores. Everything you need is within walking distance and it is not too far from Brown line. From there, it's won't take you long to get downtown or up a few blocks to catch a Cubs game at Wrigley.

The hotel does give off a European vibe. By that, I mean the rooms are a little small and it's a bit of maze to get to your room, depending on how far away it is from the lone elevator.

If I had any complaint at all about my last stay,it's that the buttons on the remote had to be pushed really hard to work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Paradise Point, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have just returned from Chicago and our stay at the Days Inn was great. The hotel is a short cab trip to the city centre, about $14 one way. The rooms are refurbed. There are plenty of local shops and restaurants close by and the train station is a short walking distance. I choose this on the net by price, not a recommendation from anyone and was very pleased. The included breakfast is fine, perhaps a bit too many carbs and not enough protein but certainly was adequate. The staff are all friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I was in a family group and we had three rooms and we were all more than happy with the hotel. We spent four nights there.

Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We love staying here when we're in Chicago. The staff is always attentive and helpful. You can't beat the rates and the breakfast is ample. With its being located close to Wrigley Field and De Paul, it's not easy to get reservations so if you know well in advance, get in. Parking is extra but in the great scheme of things not overpriced. Rooms are clean and well-appointed.

Room Tip: Reserve early.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had a two-double bed room for 4 nights and was upgraded to a two-queen bed room. The hotel is clean, staff is friendly and the neighborhood is great. Restaurants, shops and subway are within walking distance. The breakfast is fine. I do love the tea selection. Definitely a good deal for money.

port vila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at Days Inn for 2 nights and had a most enjoyable stay. The staff were great and very friendly and gave us good info on what to see and where to go. The rooms were comfortable and clean. This hotel is right in the centre of a bustling shopping and dining area which was perfect for us. The city centre was a short cab ride away. Great spot and good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Chicago? Share your experiences!