“Safe location, clean, reasonable for the area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Chicago

You added Days Inn Chicago to your Saves list
Days Inn Chicago
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   644 W Diversey Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60614 (Formerly Days Inn Lincoln Park - North)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #56 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Virginia
“Safe location, clean, reasonable for the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have stayed here twice and was happy both times. The first time I had a traveling companion. We were put in a nice, large exterior wall room with 2 beds and plenty of space. The bed linens seemed to just envelope you and I had one of the best night's sleep away from home that I have ever had. My most recent trip I traveled solo. The interior room was MUCH smaller but just as clean and comfortable and all I needed for a night's stay. Cleanlinest is my biggest concern and this was very clean. The employees I came in contact with were very courteous and knowledgeable. The continental breakfast is adequate. There were cereals, pastries, bagels, etc. and juice that was labeled fresh squeezed (orange and grapefruit). I like that I can walk around the area and feel safe. Compared to other hotels in the city, it is very reasonable. While I hate having to pay for parking, this is as reasonable as I found anywhere in the city. I have a child who is in school in Lincoln Park and this will be my hotel of choice when I need to be there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband and I and our grandson (15) just returned from spending four nights at the Days Inn Chicago, and found it lived up to the excellent reviews that I had read. We were upgraded to a spacious "business" room, that, while not "elegant", had all the amenities we needed - fridge, microwave, coffee maker, safe, and comfortable beds and bedding.....and something I appreciate - windows that open!. We faced Diversey, but never found the traffic noise to be a problem. The staff was very accommodating, the Lincoln Park location was excellent, having good restaurants and shopping with bus and "L" stops nearby. A great old building with character, and a fun city to go with it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I've stayed here a few times before. The quality remains about the same, but so does the "tight" quarters of the hotel. They provide ear plugs, and if you have a room near the elevator like I did (430) you'll need them. It's a fine hotel and the staff is friendly, but don't expect luxury. The rooms are clean, there's a good safe and there's ice. And the vending machines in the lobby are actually reasonably priced ($1.25 for water).

My only real complaint is they haven't improved the quality of the TVs over the years. Fuzzy, bad reception TV is no fun. It would also be nice if they moved to central air someday instead of a window unit right by the bed that blows dust in your face.

But - for the location and cost - it can't be beat.

Room Tip: Try to get a room far from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Baldwin, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Well-maintained property in desirable neighborhood, with good transportation access. E/W CTA bus route in front of door; N/S routes at corner of Diversey Pkwy & Broadway. CTA red line el service is 8 blocks away, to W, on Sheffield Ave. Less than a half-mile to Lake Shore Drive. Highly accomodative staff is genuinely concerned with your comfort and is eager to please. Housekeeping is immaculate; building is remarkably clean and problem-free for an 80-or-so year-old structure. Singles are a bit small, but are adequate, clean, and inviting. Mattress was a blessing. Everything works. Room was quiet, no matter the hour; my stay was over an elongated weekend. Complimentary breakfast is comprehensive and inviting; breakfast staff was attentive and helpful, as were all staff. Plenty of restaurants and entertainment within immediate area. R&B club within a mile's walk, on Halstead, near DePaul University.

Room Tip: Rooms fronting on Diversey Parkway appear to be quieter than those on Broadway. Rooms to rear of bui...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was in Chicago visiting my daughter Memorial Day weekend. I stayed with her, but had an accident and could not climb to her third-floor walk-up. Try to find a room for Sunday night of a holiday weekend in Chicago! Fortunately, Days Inn had a room (not available on the national reservation # but we went to the hotel to inquire.) When they saw I had a walker, they immediately came out with a wheelchair and reduced the (very reasonable) rate even further! The staff was very helpful and accommodating.
The room was very clean and comfortable, but very warm when the blazing sun roasted the city to 90 degrees. It cooled very well at night. I was surprised at the size of the room -- 2 queen beds, plenty of chairs, separate area for desk and closet. Adequate bathroom.
I'll be back in 3 weeks and will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Spokane Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I'm going to rate this hotel a little higher than I normally would just because it is such an outstanding property for a Days Inn. It's a little disconcerting to see ear plugs offered along with the rest of the amenities but we didn't hear any noise even though the property was fully booked. When we stayed, it was over 90 degrees out and humid by our standards. The room was quite small but the air conditioner had a hard time keeping the room cool and dry. It also was positioned so it blew right on me at night which was pretty annoying.
That's about all the negative I have to say though. Bed, pillows and shower were good, large in-room safety box handy and the breakfast had a nice variety.

The location was wonderful for walking to the Cub's game and Lincoln Park with interesting architecture and neighborhood restaurants along the way.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are a little small, but a king executive room will give you extra space plus a refrig...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Shaker Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I went to Chicago too see a Cubs game with my girlfriend. We chose the Days Inn because it is close to Wrigley Field. We stayed at the there from May 29 to May 31. The hotel was clean and comfortable. It is in a nice location with many independent stores and restaurants nearby. The complimentary breakfast was a nice touch. It was cool making our own Belgian Waffles.

The Days Inn staff was great. They were very helpful in giving us directions to the places we wanted to go to, even giving us directions and maps. They also gave us advice on weather it was better to take a cab or the bus. They even told us where to get bus passes at.

The room itself was big, clean and comfortable. We were in room 421, on the northwest corner of the building. It was quiet because we were farther away from the normal street noise. The restroom was room large with a nice, modern decor.

For guitar enthusiasts, The Chicago Music Exchange is a short bus ride away via the 76 and 11 routes. They have an amazing large selection of all the top brand guitars including Gibson, Gretch, Rickenbacker and Fender. I could have easily spent a few thousand dollars on a Gibson Les Paul if I could have afforded it.

The only negative aspect was the fact that the rest room window did not have a blind or shade covering it. The restroom got very warm in the evening when the sun was shining in from the west.

All in all we had a great experience at the Days Inn and will defintely stay there again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Chicago? Share your experiences!