“Great weekend!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Chicago

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Chicago to your Saves list
Days Inn Chicago
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   644 W Diversey Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60614 (Formerly Days Inn Lincoln Park - North) (Lakeview)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #49 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Clinton, Iowa
“Great weekend!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We went to Lincoln Park Apollo Theatre to see MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET and wanted to stay nearby. We found the Days Inn through other reviews on TripAdvisor and we were very pleased. Yes, the rooms are small but it was adequate for a one-two night stay...very clean, front desk and other employees were very helpful and nice. The breakfast in the morning was more than ample and the attendant there was nice as well. Within walking distance of the theatre and a lot of good shopping and great restaurants. Ate at Michael Diversey's and it was wonderful as well. Couldn't say enough nice things. We used the valet parking which was really cheap considering we didn't have to worry about our car during out entire stay. It was great!!!

Room Tip: We had no trouble with noise although our room contained a set of earplugs if we would have needed t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

1,345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

It's hard to beat Chicago, it's such a great city. I haven't stayed in up this area of Chicago before but I had a couple of assignments in the Lincoln Park area and after reading the reviews on this hotel I decided to stay at the Days Inn. It couldn't have been better than it was, it's a great little hotel.

I know that valet parking is a fact of life in big cities, or at almost any downtown hotel, but I'm not a huge fan of it. As a photographer, I need my car several times a day as the sun moves around a building and it's somewhat of a hassle to have to keep going to the valet folks to get my car to go to the project site, not to mention the expense of tipping everytime. But, that's a part of life in the big city. The valet guys here were super nice and super fast. That being said, the hotel itself was outstanding for such a tight space that it's in. I had a business suite which was a little bigger than a regular room and included a much-needed desk area. The bed was great and I didn't notice any outside or adjacent room noise really that I can remember. The bathroom was nice although a bit tight just because of the space limitations of such a small hotel. I didn't eat the breakfast because it was pretty carb-heavy and there was a Starbucks right across the street so I did that instead. They had a nice little sitting / dining area for the breakfast and there were quite a few folks in there when I went down to check it out. The room had a small fridge and microwave and ironing board, hair dryer, nice, thick towels and all the things you've come to expect from a hice hotel chain in a location like this.

The location of this hotel is great, it's close enough to downtown that you can sneak down there using streets instead of the freeway which is quicker. Or, hop on the L which is probably a better idea since then you don't have to pay for parking once you get downtown.

I paid $100 for my room which was an absolute steal for Chicago and for such a nice hotel. The parking was $24 a day, plus tips, so I probably paid $150 a day total with tax; not bad at all for semi-downtown Chicago in a super clean, nice hotel. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband and I have been visiting Chicago at least once a year for the last 11 yrs to visit our son and daughter in law.. Days Inn Chicago is the hotel nearest to their place, so that is the one we picked the first time. At that time the hotel was under renovations but we liked it enough to return and stay there. The only two times we have not been able to stay were because the hotel didn't have rooms available. Needless to say through the years, it has developed into a boutique hotel and it is very much in demand, to a point where we have to make reservations a year in advance to be able to get a room.

The area is withing the city but away from the hustled and bustled of downtown. Transportation to downtown is easy and available.. one good point, it is close to Wrigley Field.

Also have free breakfast and it is beautifully decorated during the holidays.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Antioch, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

This spot is about 3 miles north of downtown, and you can usually drive and to and from during commute in about 30 minutes on the streets.

This place is all about location, with lots of restaurants, stores, shops and a safe area.

Pros:
Location
very nice staff
clean rooms with decent, but very average decor
good breakfast (bagels, breads, pastries, coffee)
lots of neighborhood restaurants and stores at your doorstep

Cons:
Hotel is older, no double-pain windows, A/C units are old, bathrooms have no vents
Rooms are on small side
Not very close to trains
3 miles north of downtown (traffic can be nerve wrecking at commute)
no free parking, but I have some tips on that below,
no LCD televisions and few cable channels (if you were raised by a television like me)
wi-fi is typical hotel slow (but fast enough for very basic browsing)

Yes, lots of cons, but if you enjoy eating out, having Starbucks, Walgreens, Trader Joe's, boutique shops at your doorstep then this is your best bet. I had business in the medical district, which is about a mile our so, west of downtown, so my morning commute consisted of easily avoiding highway traffic and driving about 30 minutes to and from work.

If you need to park you can either pay $22 for daily in/out valet, $20 for daily no in/out garage around the corner, or you can pay $1.50 per hour on the street; between 9pm and 8am (unless otherwise noted) parking is free. There always seemed to be a spot, although I did have to walk about a block one night.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side and center are probably the most quiet, so asking for a quiet room is probably ea...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This property is, as most reviews here show, clean, well-maintained, friendly staff, great location, good breakfast, etc. However, my stay was less than acceptable due to internal and external noise. Street and pedestrian traffic are facts of city life. But that said, I tried a street view room and the noise was quite disturbing. Thought of relocating to an interior room but realized the room doors bang shut and the service staff carried on loudly so this would have been moot. I believe it wouldn't take much to replace existing windows with a more soundproof variety. Only other complaint was the under-window AC/heating units, which, even on the lowest fan speed setting, would preclude a normal conversation in a room and require TV sound to be up very high to hear it. I will not choose this property again, unless and until I learn that appropriate noise limiting features have been added, and I know they could be.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I really felt like this hotel was "The Little Hotel that Could!". Here are the awesome parts: The location is really good, the hotel was very clean and orderly and the staff (especially Neil at the front desk!!) was super friendly and nice. It was obvious to me that the people who run this hotel really care about providing a quality atmosphere to their guests - even the stairway was spotless and had pictures hanging at every level! My husband and I stayed there for one night, and I would definitely stay there again. Here's the downside: It is an older hotel and it shows. The TV's are the big tube kind and the decor/furniture, while super clean and in good condition, is kind of old looking. Overall, I'd say this hotel is an excellent value in a great location and it really seems like the people who run the place care.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

This was a perfect place for us to stay while visiting our college kid who lives In Lakeview. We were walking distance to everything we needed. The hotel was clean and everyone was very friendly. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you have a problem with street noise you might want to request an inside room!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Chicago? Share your experiences!