I was greeted the front desk with friendly a hello and was treated with a dry scripted, "I will need your credit card, drivers license." Strike one!!! The receptionist continued this unpleasant experience by telling me that the hotel was being bought by private investors. After feeling thoroughly insulted, I made to my small room where the electrical plugs were put into extension cords like on the Christmas Story. The lamp on the desk has a short and the maintenance guy failed to replace it. Final straw came when I wanted to go out. I was instructed that valet is not 24hours as I was lead to believe, but was till 9p. I had to retrieve my vehicle from the par king lot down the street. But, by doing so, I have to pay everytime I get the car since the hotel has no IN/OUT service.($30) Advice!!! take cabs and expect to be unimpressed or research for another hotel. I found a 4star for a few dollars more per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the Windy City, without the high price, at the Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile. Just a half-block from State Street and the famed Magnificent Mile - where the city's best shopping, dining, and nightlife can be found - we offer a reasonably affordable alternative to the more expensive Chicago boutique hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile, an Ascend Collection hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of Chicago Magnificent Mile, An Ascend Collection Hotel Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago
- Inn Chicago Magnificent Mile