“Far and Away the Best Customer Service EVER!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile, an Ascend Collection hotel

You added Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile, an Ascend Collection hotel to your Saves list
Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile, an Ascend Collection hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   162 East Ohio Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #120 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Houston
“Far and Away the Best Customer Service EVER!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

My family and I decided to meet in Chicago for a weekend together. My future brother-in-law had decided to propose to my sister at the hotel on their terrace. The concierge LaTonya and manager Alyn did EVERYTHING in their power (including staying past their work hours) to help us make this the most amazing proposal ever. I have NEVER experienced such help and kindness from a hotel staff in my life. Words can't even begin to express the wonderful things they did for us. In addition, they helped with dinner reservations, special touches, tours, etc. Staff is hands down the best out there.
The rooms are simple, clean and just enough room to be comfortable. The hotel just had such a cozy, family feel to it that I don't ever plan on staying anywhere else in Chicago. You won't be disappointed. Not to mention, the rates are absolutely unbeatable!!! I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
IOC162, Guest Relations at Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2009
Erourke, thank you for your comments on what sounds like a spectacular stay with us here at the Inn of Chicago. I will make sure to let the staff know that they delivered great customer service to you and your family! Congratulations to your sister and her fiancé we wish them well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

We got this room for around $72 a night including taxes. The location is great, just feet from Michigan Avenue, and convenient to transportation, and a great place to set out on walks. We walked to the Art Institute quite easily.

Check in was good. We arrived early and the room we booked, a queen, as not available, so the very nice clerk arranged for us to have a king room instead. The room was not enormous by any stretch, but more than enough room to turn around and maybe even dance between the TV and the bed. The room was on a corner, with two windows, the main one overlooking Michigan Avenue.

I noticed they were gradually upgrading the rooms (on the mezzanine there were stacks of boxed plasma TVs, and the 22nd floor--we were on the 17th--was noticeably fresher than ours), but our unupgraded room was just fine.

The bathroom as small, but not claustrophobic. For whatever reason the sink had obviously been recently replaced with one of those furniture-like models, and it was very handsome, but way out of scale to the rest of the bathroom.

Requests for extra pillows and towels were fulfilled by the cleaning staff without any trouble. The bar staff was super nice. The Lavazza coffee shop in the lobby was convenient although the gelato was mediocre.

The crowd here skews young. The lobby tries and generally succeeds at being hip and modern.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
IOC162, Guest Relations at Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2009
Onesutpen thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay here at the Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay. In regards to the hotel this is a historic building dating back to the late 1920’s and has wonderful history.
I’m sorry about the floor and the inconvenience but I am glad they were able to room move you! Thanks and we hope you will be back to visit us soon!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

Recently stayed on business trip. Lobby has been renovated to appear as a boutique hotel, but this isn't true for the rooms. Faded but clean room. Small bathrooms with no counter and shoddy worksmanship. We had to change rooms because of the odor of the carpet cleaning solution used in the hallway. Free wi-fi in lobby was a plus. Front staff were very helpful and friendly, but overall it was disappointing.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Fallbird thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We hope that this will not tarnish your relationship with the Inn of Chicago and that will be back soon.
Toledo, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

I hadn't stayed at the Inn of Chicago for years, and after reading some of the negative comments was a little reluctant. Glad I booked it. The front desk was extremely friendly. Surprisingly, the manager came out to greet me, welcomed me to the hotel, and told me not to hesitate to contact him if he could do anything to make my stay more enjoyable. Room was roomy and clean. The only negative was that the mattress was so soft we kept feeling like we were rolling to the center of the bed. The hotel is a great location and well maintained. We'll definately stay here next time we visit Chicago and would not hesitate to recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
IOC162, Guest Relations at Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2009
ToledoRick, thanks for the great feed back about the Inn of Chicago! We are glad that you came back and we hope that you will again in the near future!
Reston VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Wow - the folks out there had me so scared about this hotel that I tried to change hotels an hour before my plane left for my business trip to Chicago.

What was all the huffing and puffing about? Hands down, this hotel is in an amazing location.

Staff was friendly an accomodating. I asked for a room upgrade and got the Junior Suite - a cute little "apartment" with a living room area, plasma tv, a wet bar, bathroom, and bedroom (bed was SUPER COZY).

The room was clean, and any request for additional toiletries was granted with a smile.

The only reason I would say that the room was a 4 was due to the lack of complimentary internet in the room.

The lobby has access to free Wi-Fi and is a cozy little hang out spot (I'm actually in the lobby area writing this review while I wait for my shuttle to the airport).

So - don't listen to the negative reviews. You're in a great location, fun hangout spots are at abundance, and they are quick to accomodate for upgrade requests.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
IOC162, Guest Relations at Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2009
Quickblip, Thank You…for your positive feed back about the Inn of Chicago! We strive to make everyone’s stay a memorable and comfortable one. I am glad to hear that your stay was great! We hope that you will be back to visit us soon!
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

We have stayed here for 3 nights. The location is great, very close to the Loop.

We stayed in a standard room but it was like compressed, the bath too. There was a door to another room I guess, luckily it was locked. The air conditioner was a little bit noisy and very old.

If you are not looking for luxury but a budget place close to the Loop, I recommend the Inn of Chicago, Magnificent Mile.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
IOC162, Guest Relations at Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2009
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Inn of Chicago! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon!
Mexico City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I stayed at this hotel from september 9 to 16. On my last night, while packing, I found that my iPod was missing. I went downstairs to report this at about 10 pm and I was asked to fill some papers with a guy that never identified himself beyond being a security guard and no copy of the forms were offered to me. At one time this security guy told me that he needed to file a police report and even when there was a phone on the desk he went to another office and made the call (so I was told). He promised to give me the number of the report but today, almost 4 weeks after the event I still don´t have it.

I left the next morning at 6 am so there was no more information about this issue the next day. I had to make no less than 8 calls from Mexico City in order to find out that maybe an answer was due for the following week. Another series of calls followed, all by myself, none by the hotel. Eventually they told me that the cleaning maid reported that se had never saw the iPod and that was it.

The hotel, I was informed, had no responsability at all for the goods of their guests. So, if you are planning to go there, keep in mind that you are on your own. I guess that this might be the case for a $20.00 per night place in some forgotten part of the country but surely is not to be expected for a respectable business hotel in Chicago Magnificent Mile.

Or maybe it has to be with the fact that I am not American and live in mexico. Trying to follow upo a claim like this is so frustrating and time consuming that in the end nothing happens at all.

In short, if you spend some nights there the advice is to carry with you all your valuables as they will be safer with you in the streets than in the room and the hotel takes no responsability.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
IOC162, Guest Relations at Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
Hecya, thank you for your feed back, I have noted your issue and I am sending you a direct message to help clear this matter up for you. Please contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Been to Inn of Chicago Magnificent Mile, an Ascend Collection hotel? Share your experiences!