“Cheese Flakey” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dinkel's Bakery

Dinkel's Bakery
3329 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60657-1107 (Lakeview)
773-281-7300
Neighborhood: Lakeview
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Cheese Flakey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

3100 Block on N. Lincoln. Old-fashioned German bakery with fantastic pastry. The cheese flakey is a crispy pastry filled with sweet baker's cheese. No disgusting fatty coating on your tongue when you are done. Cinnamon sugar cake donut out of this world. Fantastic cinnamon rolls. Can smell the butter coming off the almond bear claw. Get there early, things can be sold out by 8:30 or 9am. If you're really determined, call and place an order

Visited August 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Wedding Cake Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Dinkel's is the premier pastry shop for any sepcial occasion. I got my wedding cake from Dinkel's and knew as soon as the cake hit my mouth, i had made the best decision possible. We had 85 guests and got a cake for 100 people for less than $500! We got to choose 2 different flavors of cake and we got to have the simple design we asked for with no problems. Our wedding day was a lot less stressful knowing we had the best bakery in town making and delivering our Cake.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Awesome, Old School Bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

What a jewel!!! Dinkels huge selection is FABULOUS! I'm a bakery junkie and since I'm from out of town, this was my first visit. I purchased a cross section of my favorites--oatmeal and chocolate chunk cookies, cream cheese danish, and assorted donuts. They were all excellent. I also purchased two suberb items that are widely available but sadly rarely good--cherry pie and key lime pie. But these were absolutely out of this world. The key lime pie was perfection--velvetly smooth, perfect blend of sweetness and tartness of the lime. They should call it Divine Lime Key Lime--because it is incredible, some of the best I've ever eaten. The crumb topped cherry pie was top notch. First, the bottom crust was beautiful--thin, golden brown, and fakly. The crumb top was delicious, with a nice light crumb, not heavy and dense. The pie filling was perfection--packed and I mean packed with cherries with dense, cherry flavor and just the right amount of thickening agent. This was hands down, the BEST cherry pie I have ever eaten, even better than Mom's and she was a terrific pie baker. I almost bought one of their banna cream pies, but didn't, darn it. So few places do those right and I'll bet Dinkel's is out of sight. They must use the best ingredients in their bakery and their prices are very reasonable, considering the quality. The lady who waited on me was very nice and did a very professional job of packing my purchases. I'll be looking forward to my next visit and will consider mail order as well. These folks are not only operating a wonderful business, but carrying on a time honored tradition of excellence that has been lost with the "grocery store" bakeries which are mostly substandard. Dinkels--you guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Quality baked goods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I try to make it to Dinkel's every time I'm in Chicago. They have great chocolate chip cookies, doughnuts (kids absolutely love the powder sugared), and the best stollen I've ever eaten. Fair to note that they also have some stuff available via mail order, which we usually get some around Christmas.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“sour-cream donuts.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

sour-cream donuts.

Been to Dinkel's Bakery? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dinkel's Bakery, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.