We loved our stay at the Blackstone. The lobby has been restored to its former glory. Our room was lovely. It's really one of the more beautifully decorated chain hotel rooms I've had. The bed was comfortable, bathroom spacious and our room was very quiet. But the view! Incredible view of Grant Park and Lake Michigan beyond. We had a corner room which also had a view of the Art Institute. As far as the location, we are not that familiar with Chicago but we loved it. Much less crowded than the Miracle Mile properties, and much closer to the museums. The downsides: The historic lobby doesn't seem to be at all handicapped accessible. I think it would even be difficult with a stroller. Bathroom lighting was dark. Bartender at tapas bar was not attentive or friendly. That's okay. The Hilton was right next door with a lively and large bar. We would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rediscover a legend with the revival of historic Blackstone, A Renaissance Hotel in Chicago! Meticulously restored to its original grandeur, the acclaimed Blackstone Hotel is back with 332 unique and luxurious guestrooms. Once hailed as "the premier hotel of Chicago", we are eager to welcome you back to this Landmark, and share a story or two with you from our rich history. What will be your story? The Blackstone. How Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Blackstone A Renaissance Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance