“An Excellent Hotel for a Wedding Anniversary Get-away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Blackstone A Renaissance Hotel

You added The Blackstone A Renaissance Hotel to your Saves list
The Blackstone A Renaissance Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   636 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #28 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Traverse City, Michigan
“An Excellent Hotel for a Wedding Anniversary Get-away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is an excellent hotel, perfectly located in the South Loop, with wonderful views of Lake Michigan and Chicago skyline from our 18th floor King-size room. It is close to Shed Aquarium, with easy access to the "L". The service was exceptional, including a helpful in-house Navigator. The room was beautiful and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud, we loved the style of the bathroom and wanted to take the entire shower home with us! There was also a great work out facility and wonderful valet parking with courteous attendants. We will definitely spend another wedding anniversary weekend at the Blackstone! Thank you to the staff for their exceptional hospitality and willing to go the extra mile!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thanks, AMansfield!
We are so thrilled that you spent your wedding anniversary with us - but even happier that you loved it and found the service to be exceptional!! The entire team tries very hard to deliver a unique, one of a kind experience to each and every guest and I'm so thankful you enjoyed yourself. Let us know when you want to come back!
Kim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
madison, wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Had a king room on the 22nd floor -- have Gold Elite status. Room was great size, bathroom with double sinks, huge shower and TV in mirror. Service was amazing, everyone nice, accommodating and what above and beyond. Club room is beautiful with great food. Stayed at this hotel year before it was condemned around 1999. Difference, is remarkable -- and amazing.
Location is quite south on michigan avenue. would stay again easily.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Hello fownog!
Yes, you are so right - this property was closed for many, many years and our company bought it and began the very lengthy restoration which is quite amazing! So glad enjoyed it and so glad you will visit us again. I was especially pleased to hear you found the associates to be friendly and accommodating! We take incredible pride in the team we have assembled and really try to make a difference with the level of service we provide.
I appreciate your feedback.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel located in the South Loop area right across the street from Chicago's Grant Park. The rooms are well decorated, clean with a comfy bed. I upgraded to the larger room which could be large enough for a family of 4 or 5 with plenty a space. For a romantic evening upgrade to a deluxe room with a view of the lake. It may become one of your most memorable mornings! The hotel is in walking distances of plenty of restaurants, Michigan avenue and a 15-20 minute walk will get you to the Mag Mile or the River North Area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi Turbostang -
So glad that you chose the Renaissance Blackstone for your getaway! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We love our location, right across from the parks and quite close to anything you can imagine.
I hope that you will return the next time you plan a downtown Chicago visit.
Kim C.
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Room I had was small, but nice. Large bathroom with TV in the mirror, which was awesome! Not all rooms have the same accommodations. Excellent tapas restaurant, Mercat, attached to the hotel. Very clean and friendly associates. Great view from the gym over the lake, especially in the morning.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi Matthew B,
Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit us again. Because we are a historic hotel, there are many, many different sizes of rooms - so sorry you got a smaller one this time! Mercat a la Planxa is actually an Iron Chef inspired restaurant and not at all your traditional hotel fare. Hope to see you soon.
Kim C.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My trip to Chicago could not of been more perfect. The Blackstone gives off this classic feeling and you can feel the history right when you walk in. The rooms have been completly updated and our bed felt like it was brand new and made for a king and queen. Our view overlooked Michigan ave and we could clearly see the water, museums and even soldier field. We only were able to eat once while staying but the breakfast was cooked to order and prepared beautifully. The staff was very helpful both with recommendations and help getting around the city. My expierence was perfect and can't imagine staying anywhere else on my next visit!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much, Ms4fsu32, for your terrific review! We really appreciate the time and energy that goes into it! I'm so happy that you enjoyed the property and found the rooms to be clean and fabulously comfortable. We look forward to you returning in the future.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Beautiful hotel! I was impressed with the cleanliness of the entire hotel and the helpfulness of the staff. I've stayed in many other hotels in Chicago, but will be coming back to this one from now on!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kimberly C, General Manager at The Blackstone A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello Todd,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! For me the two most important things are cleanliness and staff and you mentioned both!!! I will definitely share your comments with the team and certainly hope to welcome you back again soon!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was traveling to Chicago for a wedding and the service and quality of this hotel was spectacular. The bellman were helpful and gave us great advice about things to do while we were in town. The coffee in the coffee shop downstairs was great. The welcome at the front desk was kind and genuine.

I am probably the worst cab-hailer ever and the bellman were always extremely helpful when I had to run last minute errands for the bride.

I think my absolute favorite part of the room was the bathroom. They actualy have a TV screen IN the mirror! And the shower was divine and I am pretty sure the floors were heated.

I honestly don't have anything negative to say about my experience there and I will definitely stay at the Blackstone the next time I visit Chicago.

Room Tip: The concierge level is definitely the floor to be!