This is a grand old hotel which is across from Grant Park which is across from Lake Michigan so it is close to just about everything in central Chicago. The hotel was built in 1910 with a lavish interior including plenty of wood paneling and marble. The old fashioned elevators have a Roman style mosaic on the floor.
The rooms are nice with marble floors and so are the bathrooms. The only problem we had is that the shower had no door but only a glass wall which covered about sixty percent of the entrance. So the main concern in taking a shower was not to flood the bathroom floor.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rediscover a legend with the revival of historic Blackstone, A Renaissance Hotel in Chicago! Meticulously restored to its original grandeur, the acclaimed Blackstone Hotel is back with 332 unique and luxurious guestrooms. Once hailed as "the premier hotel of Chicago", we are eager to welcome you back to this Landmark, and share a story or two with you from our rich history. What will be your story? The Blackstone. How Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Blackstone A Renaissance Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.