Had a nearby business convention and chose this hotel on the basis of TripAdvisor reviews. My wife traveled with me and we were not disappointed. Front desk was very welcoming and accommodated some special requests. Hotel staff was uniformly cheerful and courteous, and our room was relatively spacious and very clean, with an unusually comfortable king-bed and plush bedding. We also really liked the contemporary decor - a surprise considering the ornate "old world" building, lobby, and meeting areas. And, unlike some reviewers, we enjoyed the contemporary open-style glass shower and stylish bathroom fixtures. Minor issue with loud sound when nearby showers were in use in the morning, but it was a very temporary irritation. Location was great for visiting beautiful Grant Park and we walked to the Shed Aquarium, which was amazing, although overcrowded the day we went. We did not get a chance to eat at the hotel but will next time because we will definitely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rediscover a legend with the revival of historic Blackstone, A Renaissance Hotel in Chicago! Meticulously restored to its original grandeur, the acclaimed Blackstone Hotel is back with 332 unique and luxurious guestrooms. Once hailed as "the premier hotel of Chicago", we are eager to welcome you back to this Landmark, and share a story or two with you from our rich history. What will be your story? The Blackstone. How Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Blackstone A Renaissance Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.