I recently stayed here one night, and then the next night at the new Radisson Blu. Gold recognition here is good - we got a great view of the lake in a really nice end room. Rooms are nicely appointed.
The only reason I'm giving it 4 instead of 5 stars is because of the staff in the club lounge - they are quite aggressive about wanting to close up shop in the morning. I came up for breakfast at 8:45 with very little food left on the counter (they stop serving at 9:00). When I asked for a cereal bowl (there was only one left and we needed two) the lady said she would get one, but for me to remember they were closing in 10 minutes. At 8:55 they started carrying away the unreplenished food items. When I asked why they were closing early, they said they had to because there was no food left for them to put out. Moving away the coffee and orange juice dispenser before we could refill? C'mon, guys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rediscover a legend with the revival of historic Blackstone, A Renaissance Hotel in Chicago! Meticulously restored to its original grandeur, the acclaimed Blackstone Hotel is back with 332 unique and luxurious guestrooms. Once hailed as "the premier hotel of Chicago", we are eager to welcome you back to this Landmark, and share a story or two with you from our rich history. What will be your story? The Blackstone. How Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Blackstone A Renaissance Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Renaissance Hotel Blackstone
- Renaissance Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance