“Delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #354 of 8,392 Restaurants in Chicago
Transit: CTA Brown Line Train - Stop: Irving Park
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

4.5 stars. Everything was great. Service was great. Food was great. Tuna poke was a standout. Next time will ask for a bit more wasabi if possible. Fries were ok. Artichokes were pickled. Was hoping for fresh. Dinner was great. Duck was great. Steak was great. Server was a little chatty. Just personal preference yet I like to be left alone. Will return. Highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014

“Excellent food preparation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Restaurant promotes a Hawaiian tie but menu has a wide selection most of which doesn't seem very Hawaiian. Still the food we had was excellent. It was artistically presented and had a nice mix of flavors. The appetizers and salad were also fresh and tasty. The duck compote that I had exceeded what I experienced in French restaurants. The duck itself was not fatty and mostly of tender, ample slices. The prices were moderate and a good buy for what was offered. The wait staff was quite knowledgeable and attentive. The decor is simple and modernistic. However, it lacks any special charm or invitingness. There are no paintings, for example. This restaurant seems to be in search of an identity. There is a full bar and a good beverage selection. Reservations are recommended weekends. Parking on the street is limited. We plan to return some time. Groupon vouchers may be available.

• Visited May 2014
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Amazing neighborhood gem, always great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've had so many amazing meals here, both romantic dinners and brunches with family. Most recently I went for brunch, and sat inside with my parents since it was still pretty cold out. Too bad as they have outdoor seating which is great in summertime. The inside is casual but trendy, and well-suited for both a true special occasion or just anytime you want a truly great meal. They have a fireplace!

This last visit was exceptional, as I had the smoked whitefish scramble. It sounded so unique on the menu - with leeks, pears, and sambal cream cheese - and even if it sounds strange to you, you have to believe me it was truly fantastic. I didn't even want to give my family any bites, I wanted to hoard it all! I wanted to gloat about the superiority of my food. Honestly, almost everything I've ordered here makes me feel that way.

If you want fresh, California-inspired cuisine that's excellently cooked with a creative touch, you have to have a meal here.

• Visited March 2014
Chicago, IL
“Excellence All Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was our first time back in some time, thanks to a Groupon offer. We went on a weeknight and it was fairly empty. The food, as always, was excellent and the service was top-notch too. We ordered copia and tuna, then we traded after each finishing half. Both were excellent. The molten chocolate cake ranks with the best desserts we've had. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I called in the afternoon to make a reservation and the person was so nice and friendly over the phone and ask if we are celebrating any occasion and I just told him just dinner with a friend
When we got there the host is so nice he asked if we want to hang our jacket and we told him it's fine. Our server was nice too we told him we r kind a bit in a hurry And told us that he's goin to tell the cook. They gave us complimentary salad lentil with Apple which is very very good we order crab cake and pulled pork which is very very good and a lot for me and my friend we also have our veggie burger which is good too. We got curious on dessert since it has ginger and candied ginger on red velvet cake and it was so good never thought it will go together we like everything on this restaurant and definitely will be back fast service and friendly staff keep up the good work thanks for the lovely dinner