“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
New York City, New York
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hot Doug's Inc. is the ultimate hot dog. Options abound. You don't even have to eat meat to love this place. They have a vegetarian hot dog that is fantastic. I had it with the caramelized onions and it was great. The place is friendly and well organized, but be prepared to wait on line to get in. Sometimes the line is down the block. The good news: It's worth it.

• Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Place is awesome. long line but worth the wait. Just remember to bring cash since it is cash only. The speciality dogs are the best in the city.

Visited July 2012
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

If you want a "Chicago style" dog, this is the place. The options for type of sausage, cooking style, and toppings are sure to meet anybody's tastes. Depending on the time of year and time of day, be prepared for a wait. The wait is your sure sign of how good this place is!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Best $10 of the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

This gem of a place is a little out the way but worth the walk from the station.

Service is second to none; we were served by Doug himself who made us feel like we were his personal lunch guests.

The food itself was also amazing, two authentic Chicago hot dogs, a corndog and (the biggest) side of handcut, skin on fries came to just over $10. Phenomenal value.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Worth the wait - Nom nom nom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Hot Doug's has been on my "Chicago Restaurants To Visit" list for awhile and I finally made it. Got there about 11 am and the line was already long outside. Luckily, I brought my umbrella and it started raining after I got in line. The line moved fairly quickly and after about 40 mins my friend and I made it inside. I had done my research ahead of time and knew what I was ordering - I got the Anna Kendrick Fire Dog, The Brigitte Bardot Andouille Sausage and an order of the duck fat fries. EVERYTHING was DELICIOUS! Definitely worth the wait and I will be going back. The restaurant itself is very clean and well staffed and the gentleman behind the register was charming. What sold me on Hot Doug's before I even tried the food was that when I ordered a large Coke, the he told me that a small Coke was cheaper and they offered free refills. I know it's only a bit of change, but that just really struck me as sweet. He didn't have to do that.Little things like that make places worth visiting. They created a repeat customer here and I will sing the praises of this neat little place every chance I get.Just an FYI - this place is cash only. Hit the ATM ahead of time and be prepared.

• Visited December 2012