“Great out place to eat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gino's East

Gino's East
162 E Superior St, Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)
(312) 266-3337
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #481 of 7,737 Restaurants in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
ontario, canada
“Great out place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This place has some great dishes on the menu - pizza was great but so was the caprese salad in a mason jar and the chicken cobb salad. Sports-bar type atmosphere but comfy nonetheless.

Ottawa
“Worth the wait. Great atmosphere, tremendous pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Nice big restaurant. The food was phenomenal! You have to wait upwards of an hour after ordering a deep dish pizza, so if you're in rush this place is not for you; if not, sit back and enjoy!

White Lake, Michigan
“What a Pie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The line was long, but we heard it was worth the wait. Then, the hostess came around the building to let us know that if we wanted to eat outside (as there were open tables) that we could order carry out and eat on their patio. Perfect solution for our hungry family... The pizza pie was delicious and the atmosphere was great too! Would definitely go back..

White Oak, Pennsylvania
“Good pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was one of the best pizzas I ever had in my life. Not the best, but one of them. I had a pepperoni deep dish pizza and it was good. The sauce and pepperoni was good and the crust wasn't bad. The cheese was a bit to thick for me but otherwise it was almost perfect. I will come back here again!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Delray Beach, Florida
“The Reason Why People Line Up To Eat Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It stands to reason that most people will wait in line for a great restaurant experience and Gino's East is a perfect example.

My last visit to Chicago was over 10 years ago. One of the highlights of that trip was a Gino's deep dish pizza. Needless to say, Gino's was one of my 1st stops on my list. I already prepared myself for a long wait from my prior visit and more current TripAdvisor reviews.

With a little advance planning, I got to the Superior St. location a little before 5:00 PM. The restaurant was just beginning to fill up but we only waited less than 10 minutes for a table. Gino's had been remodeled since I was there last and had much more seating on two levels than I remembered.

I made the mistake of ordering a large pizza during my last visit. It took 3 days to finish so learning from that, I ordered a small mushroom pizza. Our waiter said it takes about 45 minutes to prepare a pizza so we also ordered a small salad. Our drinks and salad came out promptly. The pizza about 40 minutes later. The taste? Worth the wait. The size? Easily large enough for two to share.

We left Gino's about 6:30 PM and the line was almost down the block. Looked like everyone was anticipating a good time. That says it all. My advice is go early and enjoy!

• Visited August 2013