“Great food, service a bit dodgy.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gino's East

Gino's East
162 E Superior St, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)
(312) 266-3337
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Bangor Northern Ireland
“Great food, service a bit dodgy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stopped in for pizza on first day in Chicago, while they were busy and we got seated promptly, our waiter was not great. He would literally stay with you as long as he had to. My friend didn't even get to order and we had to share a pizza. Food is excellent though. Be warned; a deep dish pizza takes an hour to cook!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Sarasota, Florida
“You have to try the thick crust pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a fun place to go with the family. Wonderful pizza and atmosphere. Very busy so plan to be in line for a bit.

Locust Grove, Ga
“Wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went in here solo the other night and sat at the bar. The bartender was wonderful and attentive. Ordered pizza and got to talking to some people from out of town as well. It was a very friendly atmosphere and I don't mind waiting for the pizza as it is my favorite in the city! Drinks pizza and friendly people makes for a great evening!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mount Juliet
“Second best pizza of Pizza Tour 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

POW!!!!

Stop # 3 on my Chicago Pizza tour 2013.

I came here after getting my weiner stomped over at Giordanos (never got my pizza). I sat at the bar since the place was now dead (since I wasted so much time at that other poophole). Bar tender wasn't amused at anything. Ever. WTF brah?! You miss your workout today? Either way.....

I ordered up a small pie and some beers. Bartender was nice enough to let me sample before committing. Pie took about 45 minutes like he said it would. I had enough beers in that time to make sure that any pizza they sat down would taste amazing.

Good news!!! No matter how much beer I had, that pie was dang good!!! I really enjoyed the crust, best of my pizza tour. Sauce was good, but maybe a little light. Cheese was thick, but not as tasty as Lou Malnati's.

Really enjoyed the space here. All the writing on the walls, the openness of it, the upstairs bathroom... (records scratching).... WHAT??? Whatchutalkinbout Willis? Yeah, the crapper is up stairs. After I pounded 9 beers waiting for my pizza you think I can get up those stairs to the nearest urinal? Aint nobody got time for that!!! So I pee'd in the corner booth. jk.......

I'll be back!!!!

Weatherford, Texas
“ehhh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We asked several locals which was the best pizza. They all replied Ginos East or Lumalnatis. We picked Ginos East and was dissapointed. The atmosphere is great! It took and hour and a half to get our 2 small pizzas. Wea ach got one topping and they were $20 a piece. not worth it.