“Second best pizza of Pizza Tour 2013” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gino's East

Gino's East
162 E Superior St, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)
(312) 266-3337
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Mount Juliet
“Second best pizza of Pizza Tour 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

POW!!!!

Stop # 3 on my Chicago Pizza tour 2013.

I came here after getting my weiner stomped over at Giordanos (never got my pizza). I sat at the bar since the place was now dead (since I wasted so much time at that other poophole). Bar tender wasn't amused at anything. Ever. WTF brah?! You miss your workout today? Either way.....

I ordered up a small pie and some beers. Bartender was nice enough to let me sample before committing. Pie took about 45 minutes like he said it would. I had enough beers in that time to make sure that any pizza they sat down would taste amazing.

Good news!!! No matter how much beer I had, that pie was dang good!!! I really enjoyed the crust, best of my pizza tour. Sauce was good, but maybe a little light. Cheese was thick, but not as tasty as Lou Malnati's.

Really enjoyed the space here. All the writing on the walls, the openness of it, the upstairs bathroom... (records scratching).... WHAT??? Whatchutalkinbout Willis? Yeah, the crapper is up stairs. After I pounded 9 beers waiting for my pizza you think I can get up those stairs to the nearest urinal? Aint nobody got time for that!!! So I pee'd in the corner booth. jk.......

I'll be back!!!!

70% Recommend
Weatherford, Texas
“ehhh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We asked several locals which was the best pizza. They all replied Ginos East or Lumalnatis. We picked Ginos East and was dissapointed. The atmosphere is great! It took and hour and a half to get our 2 small pizzas. Wea ach got one topping and they were $20 a piece. not worth it.

Bloomington, IL
“No complaints!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We ordered pizza to be delivered to our hotel. We had a group of twelve adults, so we ordered a variety of pizzas and toppings. They got everything right! The delivery was on time and everyone was pleased with the pizza. Nothing weird - no surprises. We had plenty of leftovers to send home.

This is not cheap pizza, but it is worth it. We spent about $160 without beverages, but the quantity and quality were very good. We will definitely order from here again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Just average this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I love deep dish and thought this would be a fun place to take colleagues from out of town. The upstairs was packed and we were seated between two birthday parties - not exactly the best for a business dinner. The pizza takes about 1 hour, the wait staff weren't attentive and we were often without beers or soda, when the pizza finally came, the vegetarian had sausage chunks on it! Not a great experience at Ginos. The pizza is usually pretty good, but this time it wasn't worth it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Yumm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Delicious deep dish (tried my friend's, normally not even a fan of pizza, but this was delish!!), service is wonderful, friendly, STRONG drinks (haha)