“Place to stay in Chicago” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3434 N Broadway Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657-2516 (Lakeview)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20%
Ranked #56 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Cincinnati, United States
“Place to stay in Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Best Western Hawthorne Terrace Hotel in Chicago is one of the best. The service is great and the rooms are very nice. It is very quaint and is accessible to everything. The people who work there are friendly and helpful. I would recommend staying there anytime you are visiting Chicago.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwht, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Hi Cindy A,

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations in the Chicago area. As a repeat guest we appreciate your continued business. People stay with us for many reasons but we hope to remain part of your extended Chicago family for many future stays.

If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable please ask. It is our honor to serve you as our guest and we look forward to our next chance to offer the best experience we can with your accommodations. Thank you for your glowing review and have a great day!

email: jerry.loproto@hawthorneterrace.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Located in the Lincoln Park area, close to restaurants, bars and Wrigley Field. A great neighborhood and safe for walking at all times. Hotel employees are courteous and helpful. Breakfast is offered in the lobby each morning and coffee and two complimentary bottles of water are offered in the room each day. My bedroom and bathroom were spacious and comfortable . Decor is adequate.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hi USAtraveler077,

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations in the Chicago area. Your business is much appreciated. I hope we get the chance to serve you again in the future.

Please contact me and I will offer you an upgrade during your next stay. Again thank you for posting your review and have a great day!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel is located in a mixed business/residential neighborhood near the lake shore, Wrigley Field and Boys Town. From the outside it looks like many of the nearby residential buildings.

My room was large, the entry area, which included a desk, somewhat separate from the bedroom. Nice flat screen TV and wireless internet in the room. I didn't hear any outside noise.

One of the best hotel breakfasts I've seen in a long time: Eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal as hot items, plus toast, english muffins and best of all cinnamon rolls from Ann Sathers (which has a location just across the street) plus juices and coffee/tea.

There is both a sauna and whirlpool in the exercise room.

Room Tip: I think the entire hotel would be quiet, I was well down the hall from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hi Terrell_msp,

Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations in the Chicago area. Your business is much appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast.

We are always looking for ways that we can improve our hotel and we are pleased to hear your comments concerning our breakfast. As we continue to rotate our selection and add new products hopefully we will be able to enhance your experience next time you visit our hotel.

Please contact me and I will offer you an upgrade during your next stay. Again thank you for taking the time to post your review and have a great day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

This hotel was 1.5 miles from my business appointment. (& Wrigley Field) Extremely affordable and beautiful room decor. Only issue was the way description was written: "free breakfast. Parking" Parking is not free, only breakfast. Thinking parking was free was one of the main reasons for choosing this location but, not important enough to keep me from staying here again. Had a good nights sleep, bed was perfect and no noisy halls or neighbors. Staff was excellent! Thank you Stephanie!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwht, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for staying with us. Your business and comments are much appreciated. I hope that we serve your accommodation needs in the future.

I was reviewing comments concerning parking and wanted to take the time to address these concerns. Unfortunately, our company does not own the parking garage and the parking charge that we charge is the same rate that we pay for parking. Although this may be the case, I know this situation affects your overall stay. I apologize for the confusion surrounding the wording of this charge and promise that we will do our best to resolve this issue for you and our guests.

If there is something that I can do please contact me. I do not want this or any other issue to take away from your overall experience at our property. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and have a wonderful day!

Tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

They have good clean rooms, friendly staff and it is easy to get around the city. There is hot breakfast foods. We had a problem with the heat and the staff worked very hard to take care of the issue. We would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Hi Mary Ellen W,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Hawthorne Terrace for your accommodations.
I was reviewing comments concerning the heating unit . I am very sorry that this was an issue during your stay.

Manhattan, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I went with my 20 year old and 11 year old Daughter's for a girls night of rest and to see Blue man group on Sunday at 1. Due to treacherous conditions in the weather, We booked the junior double suite. Please pay attention to the parking information I have for you! First, pull up front, put on flashers. Send one person in to check in ask what area of doors you will be going to room, there is a side door with an elevator or an elevator in the main building(this is handy info in unnecessary use of time and energy) also-ask for a luggage cart. To maneuver the cart, it was hard to see, in the front of main entrance, in the snow, but there's a ramp that flows around the left side of the stairs and leads into main entrance. When the adult checks in make sure to get a voucher for the $30 (24 hour in/out) parking garage. Put all your stuff on cart. Have other adult take the voucher to parking garage. I did a u-turn right there in front of the hotel and quickly gained access. My daughter's waited inside the main entrance, as our elevator was that one. Pull in garage give voucher and keys -i forgot the tip on our luggage cart and went back later to tip the garage assistant. .keeping him honest. Our cart and the 3 adults barely fit in elevator. Actually our cart got stuck and the elevator alarm went of as the elevator almost closed on me. It didn't have the sensor that reopened if someone is there...beware! Our room was 207-smoking. I recommend non smoking and room away from elevator or main areas of the floor. Bars are open until 3-5 am.. this kept me up all night. Drunk visitors screaming, running, slamming doors and getting stuck in the elevator. Pros. Our room was very clean and roomy. CONS-BREAKFAST dont waste your time go across the street or call in a take out to Ann Sather. Dinner? Catch a $6 cab to BIG G'S PIZZA ON CLARK! WE reccomend the mac n cheese pizza. 16" fed us three and we had leftovers in the room!
The tv guide does not give the correct guide and there's no guide on the screen. The area was perfect for walking to cubby hole, the cubs stadium or bars in that area. We did not pay cabs until the major storm after Blue Man group. We walked to Briar Street Theater. It was safe and took 20 min in snow.I spent $10 on cab. If you want sleep go to another secluded area of chicago and pay the extra amount. Hopefully this helps you!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stay at this hotel while visiting family in Chicago. It has nice restaurants and shops within walking distance. The nice part is the covered parking garage adjacent to the hotel. After this last weekend's snowstorm this was a plus. Since my husband has to combine work with fun we love the option of getting the suite complete with kitchen. There is more room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwht, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Hi chrisgerman,

Please contact me and I will offer you an upgrade during your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and have a great day!

email: jerry.loproto@hawthorneterrace.com

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!