“Nice neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3434 N Broadway Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657-2516 (Lakeview)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #54 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
San Diego, California
“Nice neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This hotel is in a nice residential area with lots of restaurant choices nearby. A good alternative to big hotels downtown. Friendly staff. The room was updated, although small and had a view into the parking garage.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012 via mobile

We booked a King Suite. There was just a king size bed with nothing suite about it. All they had was a smoking room and it did smell of smoke :-(. Breakfast was a B- - but there was a Starbucks next door which made up for it.

• Stayed March 2012
CONNECTICUT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Newly renovated!! And nicely done. Very comfortable, clean and quiet. We will stay there again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I checked in on Friday afternoon and got the room#114 which was at the end of the hall way near the gym. I went out then came back at night around 8pm then started to realize there was some kind pump noise on and off from the next room. I asked the front desk and the staff told me it was from the water heater pump. As long as someone in the building use the water, then the pump will go on. It will go off eventually if no one use the water in the building. The guy told me the hotel was fully booked so I could not switch the room at that night.

At around 1am, I could not sleep at all because the noise was still on and off intermittently. I complained to the front desk again, a different staff checked the computer then switched the room for me. It was strange I could not switch the room earlier. More strangely, the hotel staffs well understood the noise problem when I complained. They still rent the room and expect some customers might not complain so they can rip off those customers.

The new room was quite and nice. The free WiFI and breakfast were also good. I would give the hotel a 5 stars if I didn't get in the first room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

If you dont wish to stay in downtown Chicago, and Lakeview is your favorite part of town, you cant go wrong with this place... very clean, comfy, little breakfast and great location.. so dont be discouraged by the best western sign, its way better !

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had a horrible time picking a Chicago area hotel since there are so many boutique ones when I was to be traveling with my two teenagers for a concert. I initially picked this one because of the Best Western name, but it was not what I would say is a typical Best Western it was better. The parking which I had read was challenging was very easy and the people were still friendly even though we moved our chair several times in the short time we were there. When we saw the hotel from the outside we were a little nervous, but the rooms were VERY nice. Spacious, clean and safe. Traveling alone with two teenage girls I was impressed when we came in that one of the front desk folks who didn't recognize us actually stopped us to be sure we were guests. I would recommend for any type of traveler.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel

Address: 3434 N Broadway Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657-2516
Location: United States > Illinois > Chicago > Lakeview
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
#44 Family Hotel in Chicago
#59 Romantic Hotel in Chicago
#78 Business Hotel in Chicago
Hotel Class:2.5 star — BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Hotel Chicago
Best Western Chicago
Chicago Best Western

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN Plus Hawthorne Terrace Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.