“Great Drinks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Violet Hour

The Violet Hour
1520 N Damen Ave, Chicago, IL 60622-1967 (Wicker Park / Bucktown)
773-252-1500
Neighborhood: Wicker Park / Bucktown
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Great Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The decor was beautiful, the high backed chairs are awesome. The drink menu is very extensive, and the drink I did get was delicious. I wish they had the option of bartender's choice that I've become used to in a typical speakeasy, but that would not stop me from returning here ASAP.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Southampton Parish, Bermuda
“Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Beware of the young lad with a bad beard pretending to be important because he had an apron on. A rude, aggressive, discourteous no mark who mishandled a situation so bad that it was laughable. We left, and no one we know will be going back.

Avoid Violet Hour, which has his head up it's **** when there are so many good places in the area.

Windsor
“Great drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Nice place, great drinks an good service. last two trips to Chicago though there was an hour wait. And it's just a drink, so we went elsewhere

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Big space- set cocktail menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I liked the place and the fact their offered snacks since i went with my cousin who doesnt drink (they made her a virgin drink). But i wasn't impressed by the fact that they only stuck to the cocktails on the menu- in DC for example, they have a menu, but they also can make you something improvised depending on your taste and what kinda thing you feel like drinking. I wanted a drink with a hint of spicy, with whiskey, but he only offered me the one with Tequila that was on the menu and didn't impsovise....nonetheless our guy Andrew was very nice and the drinks were delicious. The olive jar was huge and good olives!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BelleVie_5
“Wonderful cocktails, decor and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

What drew me to the Violet Hour was the stunningly beautiful decor. The cocktails and staff will keep us returning. My only complaint is the seating next to the fireplace. I felt as if I was going to melt.

Visited April 2012