“Triple D did not disappoint” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Smoque BBQ

Smoque BBQ
3800 N Pulaski Rd, Chicago, IL 60641-3197 (Northwest Side)
773-545-7427
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Seattle, Washington
“Triple D did not disappoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Saw this place on Triple D the other night and had meetings close by so thought I would give it a try. I was not disappointed. The brisket and baked beans were as good as I have ever eaten. I tried the brisket chili which was good but I would do 2 sides of baked beans next time. Service was great and food came out hot and fast. There was a nice guy waiting to clean up my tray when I was done. Only one knock, they were serving pecan bread pudding which looked good enough but I would have ordered brisket bread pudding if they had offered it:)

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

chicago
“Great BBQ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I live in Glenview but it only take me 15 minutes to get to Smoque in the city. The ribs phenomenal, the brisket is very good but sometimes a bit too sty. Sides are also deliscious (amazing corn bread, Mac n cheese and baked beans). It's a tiny little place that is wildly active. The kitchen is in constant fast forward. Expect to wait for a table (no reservations) and even for pick up. The don't want your food sitting around so they put it together when you get there. This is a Chicago must!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“First to arrive first one to be disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Service sucked. I arrived first but apparently there is no line educate and the cashier took me 4th. I was offended to have my meat slathered in sauce usually a sign of covering up bad bbq and that's the case here. BBQ tastes like it was done in someone's home oven.

Chicago, Illinois
“Good bbq; may not be to everyone's taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had the pulled pork platter, with two sides (in addition to the coleslaw that comes with them). Their bbq is smoky with a less sweet/more vinegary sauce. I personally love it less smoky and more sweet, but it was really good nonetheless. The mac and cheese side was delicious. You get a lot of food, but it will cost you. I would have preferred less meat for less money (and I'm not shy to devouring good bbq). I might consider going back sooner and just taking home the meat by the pound to share at home with my own sides (but then I'd miss that mac and cheese!)

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Best BBQ ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Not the best location for those staying in central Chicago but well worth the trip. The beef brisket was to die for, just melts in your mouth.

Visited April 2014

Been to Smoque BBQ? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Smoque BBQ, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.