“Homey Chicago apartment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lincoln Park Oasis

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chicago
Lincoln Park Oasis
Save Saved
You added Lincoln Park Oasis to your Saves list
1219 W Draper St, Chicago, IL 60614 (DePaul)   |
Ranked #17 of 50 Specialty Lodging in Chicago
Alameda, California, USA
“Homey Chicago apartment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

A group of seven of us (three adults, a teenager, two tween boys, and a toddler) stayed in Unit 1 (first floor) for a three-night visit to Chicago, and we had a great time -- super location, a good amount of space for our group, and wonderful to have an opportunity to relax in a homey setting. The park practically next door is fabulous for little kids, and the el and the grocery store were a quick walk away. This was a great find for our group.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011 via mobile

Great place to stay and great owners. We had everything needed in the apartment. The location is perfect if you want to stay in a nice and quite area and at the same time not far from the loop. Very recommendable if you travel with children

• Stayed August 2011
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

We rented all three units to attend a Chicago wedding, it was perfect! The units are clean and well furnished, with plenty of space to house all 12 of us. The owner was very responsive to all our concerns and even drove over on the first night when we locked ourselves out of one of the units. Definitely recommend!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

"The place was perfect for our family reunion. The location was ideal, with easy access to public transportation and the perfect community park just yards from the flat. The place is located along a street with no outlet, so there was no traffic (on the downside, though, it is a bit tough to turn a large vehicle around). The Lincoln Park neighborhood is scenic and attractive, and we enjoyed walks taking in the neighborhood architecture. The flat was clean with plenty of space for a large party to come together. We had an unfortunate emergency that delayed our arrival, and Rem was perfectly understanding and empathetic, ensuring we had access very late in the evening and communicating a degree of concern with our delay. Overall, I would highly recommend this site to others looking for a lovely, modest, clean place to meet with friends or family."

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

we really enjoyed our stay in this house. It was perfect. Chicago is an amazing city. We will not hesitate to convince our friends to visit it and to appreciate this rent. Luc and Co (a french family)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

If you want to be in a great area of Chicago, with the help of great people (owner), relaxing place...this is the place to be

Room Tip: Simply call the owner
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This might be a nice place - I wouldn't know because they apparently didn't want to rent it to us. I emailed an inquiry to reserve a unit - got no response. Emailed again only to get a short response saying they were booked. It was fairly far out in advance and I didn't believe her so I called. Left a voice mail - no response. I called again and she answered. Told me she didn't have the schedule in front of her but to email her and she'd get back to me. I did email her and she emailed me (this was the only time it was a fairly quick response) that they were all booked. I still wasn't buying it so I had a friend call. She told my friend she had one weekend that month booked but again didn't have the schedule in front of her but there was a 3 night minimum. That was never told to me. Nothing was consistent and response time (if I got one at all was slow). Very poorly run as far as I can tell. Too bad because we were looking forward to staying there. Guess we'll take our business elsewhere.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Lincoln Park Oasis? Share your experiences!