“Most homey and best value in Chicago” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Town Bed and Breakfast

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chicago
Old Town Bed and Breakfast
You added Old Town Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1442 N. North Park Ave., Chicago, IL 60610 (Near North Side)   |
Ranked #20 of 20 Chicago B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Most homey and best value in Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I reserved this by seeing the photos online and the B&B website. After talking to Liz, one of the owners, I knew it was the place for me. I was not at all disappointed! In fact, it was one of the best stays I have ever had in Chicago! Liz & Michael are extremely accommodating, gracious and want you to have a great time & enjoy Chicago. The B&B is in a prime location - in a very upscale neighborhood with a 5 min walk to the train or bus (and a 24 hour Starbucks!), but very close to downtown.

I loved the B&B because we could use the kitchen to cook a lot of our own meals and save money and enjoy some family time together. I was there with my parents & sister and we just wanted some space of our own to visit. Liz & Michael provided that for us.

The breakfast & snacks are really great & when they say "gourmet coffee" they mean some really good stuff!

Location is excellent with many great shopping & restaurants within a 5 min walk & the accommodations are OUTSTANDING. Best value in the city!!! Free parking with a reserved spot & breakfast/snacks.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

Staying at the Old Town Bed and Breakfast was one of the most memorable parts of the weekend. The house is situated in a prime location--in Old Town, near Lake Shore Drive, and minutes away from Downtown Chicago.
The house itself is a work of art with its history, architecture, and decor. The hosts are two of the nicest people who truly try to accommodate their guests. The house had everything you needed-from towels, breakfast food items to a computer, internet connection, and even a workout room! The place was spacious and had four levels and was able to accommodate our large group, yet the gathering space provided for a cozy atmosphere allowing us to mingle.
The only downfall was the brown-line nearby that was close enough to make its presence known, although truth be told- the noise was easy enough to ignore and did not get in the way of a great weekend.
If you’re looking for a comfortable, clean, and charming place located in a choice area this would be it!

Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Crowthorne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

I found this delightful B & B by chance and the Old Town location and inclusive parking permit are ideal for visiting Chicago. However, what made my stay truly memorable were the hosts, Liz and Michael, who could not have been more friendly and helpful and the superb facilities which exceeded expectations set by their website. This is an exceptional find and one worth revisiting in the future.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

This is far by the best value in town. Below I have outlined three reasons why this venue was superb.

1. Better than the pictures provided online.
- One of my favorite parts of the trip was receiving a tour of the venue. The rich history and attention to detail could be seen in every corner of the place.

2. Living Room
- If you have a large group with you like us, your key area is going to be the living room. The TV is small, but the space to entertain yourself with friends is ideal.

3. Cleanliness
- Once you step into this place, you are immediately aware of the how immaculate they keep the venue.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

I had a wonderful time staying at this beautiful house that is kept in such good condition. This was literally one of the nicest houses I've ever been in and was able to accommodate our large group comfortably. An added bonus was the stories about the different pictures and pieces of art that Mr. Serritella told us. I also really appreciated that the house was stocked with cereal, cookies, orange juice, milk, ramen noodles and much more! Our hosts seemed to really care for our well-being and made the experience that much better. Thank-you for being so patient and giving us this great opportunity to stay at your house.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

I will stay at Old Town Chicago Bed & Breakfast every time I visit Chicago. The owners are super nice, the home is beautiful, and the location is perfect. The home is well-kept, clean, and a great value. I recommend this to any and everybody. I stayed at Old Town Chicago B&B for 7 days during my visit to Chicago, and I can honestly say that the comfort level I felt while being there deterred me from sightseeing! I ended up spending the majority of my time lounging around in the family room or on the sun roof. Old Town Chicago B&B exceeded my expectations with regards to the two most important things I look for in hotels: (1) the bed was ridiculously comfortable and (2) the water from the shower came out at a great volume and intensity. I could not have been happier with my visit.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

This B&B offers a great location, MANY ammenities, and a value that surpasses most luxury hotels. A fantastic kitchen, a beautiful living room, and the nicest matress I ever slept on. Too bad I went to Chicago as a tourist, I would have liked to have spent more time at this place!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Old Town Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!