I stayed at the House of Two Urns from 14th to 20th May, and I stayed in Alice's Bedroom. I was visiting for a conference, but also had time for a short holiday too. From my initial reservation to my departure I was very impressed with the B&B and Kapra and Lauren were exceedingly pleasant in helping me with any queries I had, as well as providing a fantastic breakfast each morning. The breakfasts were wonderful - a different dish each day with a homecooked muffin and fruit. The breakfast bar (cereals, breads etc) was also plentiful. Guests had access to a shared kitchen - which was very useful to me as it meant I could cook meals myself if I didn't feel like going out. Similarly I had a shared bathroom, which was cleaned daily and provided a very powerful shower!
The B&B itself is located very close to the Division stop on the CTA blue line (about a 5 minute walk), making it very easy to get to downtown Chicago as well as getting to/from O'Hare. The neighbourhood itself is very quiet, and I wasn't disturbed by any car noise, etc. I had a lovely walk down N Milwaukee Ave - fantastic array of shops and restaurants on this street!
This B&B made my trip to Chicago a lot more "personal" as I spoke to other B&B guests at morning breakfast - not sure if I would have had this had I stayed at one of the big hotels! I would not hesitate to stay here again should I come back to Chicago in the future. Lovely B&B in a great neighbourhood.
- Also Known As:
- House Of Two Urns Hotel Chicago
- House Of 2 Urns Bed And Breakfast
- House Of Two Urns Hotel
- House Of Two Urns b&b
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming Wicker Park bed and breakfast filled with art and antiques offers free wi-fi, full hot breakfast, free parking. Guestrooms all have access to guest kitchens, laundry, sitting areas, decks/patios and most have private bathrooms. Conveniently located 1.5 blocks to subway from airport and 3 bus lines that take you to Mag Mile, Millennium Park, Lincoln Park Zoo.Larger rooms/suites offer garage or off-street parking, others on-street with free permit we provide. Freshly baked muffins, home made jams from our fruit and herb garden, a daily Chef's Choice special entree and lots of bagels, hearty breads, yogurt, oatmeal, cereals, bananas and home-made granola to choose from rounds out our tasty breakfast served daily from 7 - 10 am. All rooms are air conditioned and have ceiling fans, some have fireplaces and jacuzzis. Since 1991, we are the longest running Chicago B&B where friends and family love to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Olotels, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your House of Two Urns Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.