I wanted a place that was near restaurants, grocery stores, drug stores, shopping, sights, and public transportation. I needed a place that was quiet for study and research. Even with these horribly difficult criteria for my 5 days in Chicago, the Flemish House fit the bill and gave me all that I wanted, needed and even more. The 'more' is that after a really nice and friendly greeting and orientation to the room (which is really a small apartment) and neighborhood, they let me know that they were available at any time (and they were!) but they respected my privacy and weren't the sort of innkeepers that ran to the hall every time you came in or went out. The room had very high ceilings, nice big windows, good and comfortable lighting, huge closet, well-outfitted kitchen and nice bathroom with everything you needed (including covered radiator so you could warm your clothes :). I'm not in Chicago often, but as long as Mike and Tom keep this place I'll be checking with them first any time I need to come and recommending them to others who want it all in Chicago.
- Also Known As:
- Flemish House Of Chicago Hotel
- Flemish House Of Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An apartment B&B in a Victorian row-house, located in the Gold Coast neighborhood of Chicago, steps from Michigan Avenue, Oak Street Beach and Lake Shore Drive. All units are complete studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments with renovated kitchens and private baths. Victorian features include fireplaces, inlaid wood floors, wood paneled walls, high ceilings, and plaster moldings. Apartments also have individual HVAC, TV with cable stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Flemish House of Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.