“Downtown Chicago Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington, Virginia
“Downtown Chicago Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Residence Inn is a good location if you want the extra space of a suite and the kitchen facilities. It is perfect for me since I can bring left overs back and have a meal later without going back out. The hotel is not far from the famous shops of Chicago and there are a lot of good restaurants and bars nearby. The breakfast is good – a selection of scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, then your common carb items (bagels, etc) plus juice, coffee, and water. And more.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Ismeta catered to our every need at breakfast and enhanced our stay tremendously. I would highly recommend this location to families staying in downtown Chicago. The room sizes were sufficient and the pool on the 27th floor was an added bonus.

Room Tip: There is a nice pool on the 27th floor
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My first ever hotel review. The location is great and so handy for downtown and the river. The hotel also has a more relaxed atmosphere than the corporate-feeling hotels. The greatest assets are the staff. From the big genial guy at the front door, the reception staff, the room service staff to the dining room staff, everybody is unfailingly friendly and HELPFUL. Not in the standard "have a nice day-or drop dead" way, but with a genuine warmth and humour.
The epitome of this approach is the lovely Ismeta in the dining room. She makes everyone feel welcome and seems to be everywhere at the same time. She has a gift for treating all customers as special and individual. She will be one of our lasting memories of Chicago.

York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our family stayed there before Thanksgiving while visiting relatives. Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Woman who worked breakfast buffet was outstanding and treated everyone like family. Pleasantly surprised they even offered free tacos one night complete with alcoholic beverages and dessert. Will definitely stay there next time we need a hotel in Chicago.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Myself and my roommate were in Chicago to work for 2 weeks.
Because of our schedule we always had to leave before breakfast was supposed to start. Ismeta made sure we at least had bananas and a pastry to start our day. The entire staff was very friendly but she went out of her way to take care of us.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I haven't been taken care of so sweetly since my mom passed away. Each morning Ismetra would ask me if I wanted her to make me a waffle. Then, she'd make me the waffle and put whatever I wanted on it, and come and place it before me. Then, she'd make me a little bag of snacks to take with me throughout the day while I was working in Chicago. I haven't been waited on with such sweet attention since my own mom passed away. Thanks for making my stay great!! Always nice to be spoiled a bit!!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room is lovely and everyone has been very nice. It is worth the stay for just that reason but makes it over the top wonderful is Ismeta who runs the breakfast on weekday mornings. She greets me like we are old friends and asks if I would like a waffle. She has taken such good care of me and makes the whole experience exceptional. I will stay at any hotel where she is working. A must place to stay...to say nothing of the nice bed and wonderful kitchen and amenities.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Downtown / River North? Share your experiences!