“Simply the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hinsdale, Illinois
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

I don't like Donald Trump but I loved his hotel. This is a fairly new addition to Chicago and what a step up! It's right along the Chicago River with lovely river and lake views. You can see Navy Pier as well and I can imagine get a great view of the fireworks.
We had an Executive King Suite. These rooms are located on the upper floors of the hotel and have secured elevator access. Our room was huge approx 700 square feet. There was a large open living, dining and kitchen area...with a fully equipped kitchen. There is a large bedroom and a luxurious bathroom with integrated television inside the mirror. My son said it was, "magic". I have to agree. The furnishings and ambiance are modern and luxurious.

It's a great place to stay with children. They greeted my kids with cotton candy. They also provided a crib with lovely linens (although the crib itself was somewhat smaller than full size). The staff were so friendly and lovely with the kids from the front desk to the doorman.

I look forward to returning to this lovely hotel.

• Liked — Lovely large rooms in a fabulous location.
  • Disliked — Still some construction going on.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

My boyfriend booked us a room at The Trump as a surprise for our anniversary. Of course, with the name Trump attached to this hotel, you expect a lavish, upscale hotel. Aside from being lavish and upscale, this hotel has customer service that far surpassed any expectations I had. Upon arrival to the hotel, every staff member knew my boyfriend and I by name, greeted us with genuine smiles and were always very quick to offer help and assistance in anyway we needed.

Our room was not ready when we arrived so to make up for our delay, the hotel upgraded our suite to a 1500 square foot room and offered complimentary drinks at their on-site bar, Rebar. After having a few non-alcoholic drinks (I am expecting), we went back to the front desk to check on the status of our room, which was still not ready. Shortly after explaining that I was expecting and needed to get situated so that we could go to dinner, our room was ready.

The room was absolutely gorgeous--we had a panoramic view from ceiling to floor of Navy Pier (which later benefitted us as we watched the weekend fireworks show from our chase lounge at 10pm). The spacious room was more like a condo, complete with a full kitchen (microwave, dishwasher, oven, fridge, plates, silverware, etc.) , 2 full bathrooms, living room, dining room, and bedroom. The living room and bedroom both have large flat screen TVs. Each area in the room can be individually temperature controlled.

Shortly after settling into our room we received a knock at the door (actually a ring from the doorbell) from room service delivering a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries with a card wishing us a Happy Anniversary from the staff, complimentary of course.

After enjoying that we then received a phone call from the hotel manager apologizing to us for the lengthy wait for our hotel room and offering us a later check-out time and complimentary breakfast of our choice from the restaurant Sixteen or room service (which later totalled to be over $100).

Every service that this hotel offers has special extras which makes it even more fun to order. Throughout the night we enjoyed their 24 hour room service, including ordering a Trump Sundae twice. Everytime you order, the staff will gladly set your table for you where ever you choose to dine (near the window, at the dining room table, bedside, etc.).

The next morning, our paper was delivered, breakfast was served promptly. We loved the robes and watching TV in the bathroom while getting ready.

Upon checkout, we were again greeted by name and asked if everything had met our standards, which it of course did.

I would highly reccomend this hotel and would gladly stay again...and again.

One more thing, although the hotel is under construction, we were never disturbed by any noise, detours or construction workers. This hotel works hard to ensure that your stay is as peaceful and relaxing as possible.

• Liked — The impeccable service.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Bedford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

I booked a girls weekend at this hotel. Almost didn't book the hotel as read some negative reviews about the service. Not sure where those reviews were coming from because that was not my experience. From the moment that the taxi dropped us off, the service was nearly flawless. The bellman, without seeing luggage knew my name and everyone in the hotel did for that matter. This is the first time at the hotel and it was very impressive. Everyone was so friendly and everyone always said hello no matter where you where on the property. The concierge George was the best. He even walked us to the restaurant for lunch as he thought we might get lost. When we checked in, we received hot towels for our hands and water. Our room-2 bedroom suite was lovely with gorgeous views of the river. This suite had plenty of room for 6 girls. I did tell the reservationist when booking that we were celebrating a birthday. The hotel one day sent us champagne, not a cheap bottle and a tray of chocolate, the next day we received gorgeous flowers and another day we received a chocolate cake. We are not celebrities nor we we paying a rack rate. In fact, I had a rate of pay for two nights and get one night free. I have stayed all over the world and have never been treated so well. The health club was large and brand new. There was a nice touch of putting voss water by your bed each night. The housekeeping service was great and have us as much as voss water as we needed for our stay. Originally I was going to stay at the Sofitel and am so glad that I deccided to stay here. We went to the R-Bar which was nice but didn't stay as the views from our room were better. I wouldn't have any second thoughts about booking here or staying here again. TRUMP really knows how to hire the right people. This was an excellent experience.

• Liked — Room was amazing
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

Without a doubt this is the best hotel I've ever stayed in. I was absolutely gutted to be leaving, although that would have something to do with Chicago being such a great place too.

The staff were great. Helpful and friendly and couldn't do enough for you.

The room was magnificent. Exactly as the website shows. Fantastically clean and with every amenity you could want.

The spa was great. It never seemed too crowded and had a decent sized pool.

The bar, (rebar), was excellent and the barman was superb. We had a slight problem with some bar snacks and we were comped our drinks for the rest of the evening as an apology - a little touch that makes all the difference.

The restaurant, sixteen, is lovely. Massive panoramic windows, look out over Chicago while you dine on great food and wine. Yes it's expensive but hey it's a Trump restaurant, what do you expect?!

When we stayed the tower was still being finished, hence the buy one night, get one night free deal that we got, but the construction was on the top floors, (80 floors away), and we never heard a peep of noise or had our stay disrupted in any way.

I was expecting the place to be too garish and a little overwhelming in an extravagant Donald Trump style but it was nothing of the sort. Understated elegance is how I would describe it. Quite simply we had an amazing time and I can't wait to go back.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — That I had to leave
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

We just got back from a wonderful weekend at The Trump hotel in Chicago. It was our first visit to the city and we enjoyed every minute of it. The hotel itself was beautiful. Still under some construction but we were not affected by it. The staff was always courteous. The pool and spa were fabulous. We had drinks at Rebar, which was very nice and breakfast one morning at Sixteen. The food was delicious but a little on the expensive side. All in all it was a great trip.

• Liked — Amenities at the hotel.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

We are a family of four,and stayed for 14 nights at the Trump Tower in August of this year.We stayed in a one-bedroom king apartment overlooking the City.The accommodation was first-class,new,and spotlessly clean.It was also huge-1000 sq feet,two plasma TVs,a fully-stocked kitchen,and two bathrooms,all luxuriously-appointed.Oh-there is also a TV in the mirror in the bathroom if you wish to catch up with the news whilst soaking in the bath!Maid service each day was efficient and unobtrusive,as was turn-down in the evenings.The gym facilities are first-class and were under-used by the other guests during our stay.The pool must be the best that I have ever seen in a luxury hotel-25 yards,with a dedicated lane at one side,and not too warm.It was never crowded,and I must have had the pool to myself on at least half a dozen occasions for lap swimming.The hotel staff are attentive,if at times a little over-enthusiastic!-I don't remember opening a door for myself the whole time that I was there! One word of advice-ask the staff to explain how the lighting system works in the rooms-it is not easy to fathom it out,believe me! We had the air-con go down one day,called the hotel services,and within 15 minutes the engineer was there fixing it-great service.We did not eat in the hotel restaurant,preferring instead to explore those nearby the hotel-none disappointed.It is so central for all of Chicago's attractions,the theatres,museums,and beaches,aswell as shopping,of course! A Hertz car-hire is also literally across the road from the entrance.I would highly recommend this hotel.We had very mildly-intrusive building work noise a couple of mornings,but nothing that one would complain about atall,and if my credit-card could stand it once again,I would definately choose this hotel for my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

My family and I stayed at this wonderful hotel for a sight seeing trip of Chicago and celebrate my daughters 5th birthday. Everything was perfect. They greeted us with smiles and wished my daughter Happy Birthday, they even had a special cake and card brought to our room.

Service throughout our stay was exceptional. The staff catered to our every needs.

It was a marvelous experience and we would highly recommend this fine establishment.

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago? Share your experiences!