“I truely loved this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Comp Parking + F&B Credit
Ranked #11 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Raleigh area
“I truely loved this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at Trump Hotel on Sept. 12.2013. I decided on this hotel because I was traveling solo and wanted to be as safe.as possible. The music as I entered the room was playing such soothing symphony music, i just smiled. (I love music). I was on the 23rd floor with a view of the Lake, (AAAHHH) The bathroom was really great once I had someone to show me how to turn on the TV, which was in the mirror The bed was beautiful with a nice spread and all of the fixings. The pool is great too. It was impossible to be hungry in the room, so many goodies. I had a live plant near the TV. (I love live plants) The bell hop people were attentive too. A great experience. I will certainly do this again. The front desk staff was the greatest. (a young African American lady and man) . Thanks to you both.

Room Tip: I always take a higher floor when traveling alone. But I loved the view of the Lake.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your much appreciated review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am pleased to read you felt safest staying with us and that our efforts to ensure your stay was relaxing and comfortable are so warmly acknowledged. Thank you for your comments regarding your enjoyment of the amenities Trump Chicago provides, as well as your appraisal of our front desk team. I will be sure to pass along your sentiments.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My hotel of choice in Chicago was Peninsula. This time I needed 2 queen beds so Trump fit the bill nicely. This is relatively new construction in downtown Chicago standard, and everything is pure luxury. I loved the automatic blinds. We chose a river view room and that was exactly what I got. Everyone was super polite. There was slight misunderstanding of my breakfast order, but it was immediately corrected, complementary of the hotel. Magnificent mile was right outside the door. This will be my hotel of choice from now on. The only gripe is not only at this hotel, these days even at other 5 star hotels, I see a trend for the maids not to leave new set of toiletries if there is a set being used. I am really annoyed by this because sometimes I take multiple showers during the day. I hope that Trump takes the initiative to leave extra set of toiletries in each room.

Room Tip: River view is unbeatable.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am pleased to read we were able to accommodate your needs and I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your newest hotel experience in Chicago. Thank you for your kind remarks of our team and facilities and for sharing your feedback regarding housekeeping trends. I have certainly noted your feedback and will be sharing this with my colleagues.

Once again, thank you for choosing Trump Chicago. We look forward to welcoming you back upon future stays.

Canary Islands, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed for the marathon at the begining we love the view, but the cleaning was terrible, The bed got an smelling like the sheets were not changed and I called for assistance to the recepcion and they said they were in the process of washing the sheets and they brought the sheets after a couple of hours, I will never spend my money in a fency hotel where the service is terrible.

• Stayed October 2013
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago during your recent trip to Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

I have noted your comments regarding the linens in your room and apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you waiting for new ones to be brought to your room. I would like to assure you we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you to Chicago.

We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Trump Chicago - but it will not be my last (as someone from the Chicago area, its always fun to convince yourself of a reason to stay at one of the city's amazing hotels). The location is perfect, and provided for an easy jog on the lakefront and then walk to River North's restaurants.

My room was massive. Maybe it felt like that because it was only me, or I had been recently traveling in cities with smaller rooms - but it felt like a house. The on site dry cleaning was quick, and the pillow menu was a great perk.

I'm one of those weird people who will walk around in a robe basically anywhere that provides me with a robe, and it felt natural at the Trump. The spa was relaxing and beautiful.

Finally, it gets an excellent rating because of the service. The front desk really wanted to get to know my preferences, and worked diligently to fit my visit to them. I hope to return with more time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your first experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and that you plan to return. Thank you for your kind appraisal of our facilities and acknowledgement of our team's efforts to ensure your stay was personalized and memorable. Your kind recognition is well received and appreciated.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We checked in for a night at the Trump to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. At the front desk, we were told we had been upgraded to a spa level room. However, upon finding that the upgraded room was not ready, we were upgraded even further to a two-room suite with a river view. While chatting with the staff we mentioned it was our 10th anniversary. We returned from dinner that night to find chocolate strawberries and a happy anniversary note in our room. Throughout our stay the staff went out of its way to make sure we were happy. They consistently went the extra mile for us. The room was wonderful - clean, quiet, everything you could want - but it's the staff that make this hotel worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I would like to extend my congratulations on your 10th wedding anniversary and thank you for allowing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago the honor of hosting your special occasion. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your experience and that our team was able to ensure your stay was relaxing and memorable. We certainly look forward to welcoming your next visit.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The rooms were lovely and we had a room that resembled an apartment complete with a kitchen. Very nice, although a strangely small bathroom. The bed was lovely, but we were 3 floors above the terrace bar and it was extremely noisy and we had to use ear plugs to sleep.
Great gym. Good location - central to everything really. Excellent service from the bell staff (We were locked out of the room on the second day for no reason)
But if you are going to stay here, you may want to opt for a room without a view in exchange for sleep quality. (or perhaps go when its cold and revellers are inside rather than on the terrace) We had a room that faced lake Michigan and we had to deal with a huge amount of noise and a lack of any real noise reducing window glazing.
I would definitely stay here again, but think about the room preference next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the comfort of your room, as well as our fitness center and location. I am also happy to read you regard the service you received as excellent. I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with getting locked out of your room and your sleep being disrupted.

I appreciate you sharing your feedback as we welcome constructive comments as an opportunity to improve our facility and services. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel and trust you will find an improvement upon your next stay.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

best views in town. I am a view person/. love the views. Great service but a bit slow i find on the room service a few times specially breakfast. They must have been busy i suppose. great spot
Also the elevators need a bit of a clean but i suppose they where due for cleaning anyway

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am happy to read you thoroughly enjoyed the views during your stay. I have noted your comments regarding in-room dining and the elevators and will share these items with our team. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you back once again and exceed your expectations on your next stay.