“Fantastic stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We chose Chicago and the Trump International Hotel for 3 nights late Sept to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and we were very happy we did! The service was top notch and everyone was very friendly. Before we arrived, I had emailed the hotel with a question and received an answer within the hour! The location is perfect – right downtown, very central and right on the banks of the Chicago River, next to the Wrigley building. The regular hotel rooms are on floors 18-27, so the views from any rooms are great ones. We looked out over the river and could see out to Lake Michigan.

We took the train in from O’Hare and it was a quick 7 min walk from the station at Clark and Lake to the hotel. Check in was easy, the gal serving us was friendly - we had been upgraded to a spa room on the 14th floor then we were pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries waiting for us in our room with a note from the Vice-President congratulating us on our anniversary.

The room was spacious, the bathroom beautiful (very deep tub, TV in the mirror), and all the amenities hit the right note – from the wonderful pillow menu to the thick comfy robes, the UV towel warmer in the closet, The nightly turn down service was a treat – they brought bottled water, turned the music on, dimmed the lights and left the TV on a soothing aquarium screen – very soothing and relaxing. They paid attention to the small details - I liked that the bottled water and glass were left on a tray with paper so there was no noisy clink when I set the glass down after having a drink in the middle of the night and the card with the weather forecast reminded us what to expect the following morning. Each evening they filled the ice bucket with fresh ice, just in case you needed it.

The Nespresso coffee system was great (6 discs total with the fixings) and we enjoyed having a couple coffees in our room every morning. The mini bar had lots of options and the imported bottled beer was reasonable ($7) given the class of hotel.

When we came back to the hotel around 5 pm on our third night, the room hadn’t been made up yet, so we called the front desk. They asked when it would be convenient for us for them to correct this - we said 6:30 as we were going to be leaving then for dinner. Less than 5 mins after making the call, the maid knocked on our door and also asked when it would be convenient for her to make up the room – and we gave her the same information. That night when we returned, we were treated to 8 beautiful handmade chocolates.

The only thing I would change/improve would be to add a makeup mirror in the bathroom. They had a lighted one out on the desk and I usually used it, with natural light from the windows for make up in the am. A make up mirror wall mounted in the bathroom on the wall would have been easier for those of us who are very near sighted (me -without my glasses on) and wouldn’t use up counter space.

The hotel itself is beautiful, the staff friendly and our room was so quiet we felt like we were staying in an apartment, rather than a hotel. The location was perfect – it was a 5 minute walk to the boat tours, a 15 min walk to Millennium Park, and 20 minutes to Navy Pier. We would recommend this hotel very highly!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am happy to extend my congratulations on your recent 20th wedding anniversary. Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your special holiday; it is truly an honor to have hosted your relaxing and memorable celebration. I appreciate you taking the time to share your generous feedback on Trip Advisor regarding all the amenities of the room and hotel that you enjoyed. I am especially pleased to learn of your appraisal of our team and I thank you for your acknowledgement of their efforts to ensure your anniversary is not soon forgotten.

We hope to welcome your return on many future occasions.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
San Dimas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Trump Chicago. The rooms are spacious and clean but what made my stay the most memorable was the service. Everyone was polite, attentive, eager to please and pleasant. The turndown service at night was my favorite. They provide a glass and a bottled water on your nightstand, they turn the Bose radio to soft music, they turn the TV into an aquarium, and they would leave a card with the next day's temperatures and a daily quote. I enjoyed the daily quote so much that I now have a Daily Quote App on my iPhone! The gym is spacious, and the in-room dining was delicious. My only con would be the wait for the elevators. There are only 3 elevators and it appears they are not all working at the same time. I'm not sure if this was just during my stay or common practice. Regardless, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for your kind comments regarding our service team. I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your acknowledgment of their efforts to meet your needs. I am also pleased to read you thoroughly enjoyed turndown service and that it was your favorite part of your stay as it is our hope that our guests find comfort and relaxation upon their return to their room. In addition, we appreciate your comments regarding the fitness center and in-room dining and I am happy you enjoyed your experiences with both outlets.

I am happy to hear you would stay with us again; we certainly look forward to welcoming your return.

London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were originally planning to stay at the Four Seasons on our recent first trip to Chicago but on reading the TA reviews decided to switch to the Trump Tower which is more central. Indeed it is. We asked for a room overlooking the Wrigley clock tower and wow, that is what we got. An incredible view by day and spectacular at sunrise and following sunset when all the 1920's and 30's buildings are flood lit. We had a large bedroom on the 18th floor which had a good sized kitchen area so we decided to skip the expensive options at the hotel and had breakfast and lunch some days in our room bought from the nearby deli.

We were tired from a long haul flight when we arrived and it was a lovely evening so we went to the Terrace on the 16th floor which has the same stunning view and stunning prices to match ($20 for a glass of rose wine was the cheapest option). We had a few of the small plates and these were also expensive but very good. Given the high price we did not make a habit of visiting the Terrace but it was well worth it for our first night. The concierge made some very helpful recommendations as to where we should eat and these were all good.

The Trump Tower is a spectacular building, the second tallest in Chicago, in one of the best and most central locations and well worth the price.

Dear Guest,

I am truly pleased to learn that our other loyal TripAdvisor reviewers helped you to decide to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your enjoyment of the views you experienced; I am delighted to read you appreciated them. It is also pleasing to read your recognition of our concierge team, I'm happy they were able to offer recommendations that made your stay all that much better.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return.

Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were very impressed with every aspect of our stay at Trump Chicago. When we checked in the front desk staff was excellent and worked very hard to get us a room with a great view. The room itself was spacious and luxurious. They have a great spa and the workout room has great views of the city. The terrace bar, while expensive, has a great view.

Room Tip: We had a "spa room" on the 14th floor, 1407 actually, and that room has an excellent view...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent business stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am happy to learn we were able to offer you a room with a view that you enjoyed and that you found your room to be spacious and luxurious. I'm also pleased to read you enjoyed your experience at both our Spa and Terrace. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tinton Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Recent business brought me back to Chicago again. Usually stay at the 4 Seasons, but the Trump International was truly amazing. The building is mostly residential with a lot of floors dedicated to the hotel. Registration is discreet on the 1st level. Free access to the health club with magnificent views as you work out. Probably one of the most conveniently located buildings in the Loop. Walk right down to the river to pick up the 'cruises'. Did the architecture cruise - really enjoyed it. Room service is impeccable along with the maids remembering how you like everything in your room 'just so' without asking. Actually had a room with full kitchen - even though I did not need it. Filming Transformers when I was there and was lucky enough to meet a few of the Stars that happened to be staying on my floor during shooting!

Room Tip: All the views are great but request a room looking up the Chicago River to Lake Michigan - truly ama...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for posting a detailed review of your stay. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your experience and appreciate your kind appraisal of our service teams. We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Everything first class. Crazy expensive, but top shelf service and accommodations. Great choice for a sure-to-impress-her shows and shopping weekend getaway. Plenty within walking distance. On a clear evening, grab a drink on the terrace at "16" (but remember they'll be about $30 a pop).

• Stayed September 2013
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your experience and that you had a great shopping weekend getaway.

We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband took me to this hotel for a weekend getaway. We enjoyed everything there, especially their unparalleled services and attention to details! Their newspaper arrived in a little bag hanging on the doorknob - you don't need to bend over and pick it up from the floor. Their bedding was comfortable. Their pillow menu was heavenly. Their swimming pool was nice and clean. Some previous posts complained the water in the pool was a bit too cold. i am a swimmer and actually found their water temperature in the pool was a bit warm than the swimming pool I usually use. Some other posts said food at their restaurants were not impressive and recommended to go their just for cocktails. But we were impressed with their food - creative, delicious, and beautifully presented (with healthy small portions we enjoyed). The view of our room was stunningly beautiful - lake Michigan, Chicago River, and Wiggly Building Clock Tower... All in all, it was a wonderful short stay there. We will go back for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with lake view.
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your weekend getaway with your husband at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of your stay. I certainly appreciate your kind appraisal of our facilities and services and am happy to learn you were able to take advantage of many of our different outlets including Sixteen and the Spa.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago? Share your experiences!