We chose Chicago and the Trump International Hotel for 3 nights late Sept to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and we were very happy we did! The service was top notch and everyone was very friendly. Before we arrived, I had emailed the hotel with a question and received an answer within the hour! The location is perfect – right downtown, very central and right on the banks of the Chicago River, next to the Wrigley building. The regular hotel rooms are on floors 18-27, so the views from any rooms are great ones. We looked out over the river and could see out to Lake Michigan.
We took the train in from O’Hare and it was a quick 7 min walk from the station at Clark and Lake to the hotel. Check in was easy, the gal serving us was friendly - we had been upgraded to a spa room on the 14th floor then we were pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries waiting for us in our room with a note from the Vice-President congratulating us on our anniversary.
The room was spacious, the bathroom beautiful (very deep tub, TV in the mirror), and all the amenities hit the right note – from the wonderful pillow menu to the thick comfy robes, the UV towel warmer in the closet, The nightly turn down service was a treat – they brought bottled water, turned the music on, dimmed the lights and left the TV on a soothing aquarium screen – very soothing and relaxing. They paid attention to the small details - I liked that the bottled water and glass were left on a tray with paper so there was no noisy clink when I set the glass down after having a drink in the middle of the night and the card with the weather forecast reminded us what to expect the following morning. Each evening they filled the ice bucket with fresh ice, just in case you needed it.
The Nespresso coffee system was great (6 discs total with the fixings) and we enjoyed having a couple coffees in our room every morning. The mini bar had lots of options and the imported bottled beer was reasonable ($7) given the class of hotel.
When we came back to the hotel around 5 pm on our third night, the room hadn’t been made up yet, so we called the front desk. They asked when it would be convenient for us for them to correct this - we said 6:30 as we were going to be leaving then for dinner. Less than 5 mins after making the call, the maid knocked on our door and also asked when it would be convenient for her to make up the room – and we gave her the same information. That night when we returned, we were treated to 8 beautiful handmade chocolates.
The only thing I would change/improve would be to add a makeup mirror in the bathroom. They had a lighted one out on the desk and I usually used it, with natural light from the windows for make up in the am. A make up mirror wall mounted in the bathroom on the wall would have been easier for those of us who are very near sighted (me -without my glasses on) and wouldn’t use up counter space.
The hotel itself is beautiful, the staff friendly and our room was so quiet we felt like we were staying in an apartment, rather than a hotel. The location was perfect – it was a 5 minute walk to the boat tours, a 15 min walk to Millennium Park, and 20 minutes to Navy Pier. We would recommend this hotel very highly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Jetsetter so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago