“Uptight and rude” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 171 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Uptight and rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My experience at the Trump Hotel in Chicago in one word was DISGRACEFUL. My bachelorette party was at the Trump Hotel this past June 2013. I want to preface this by saying I have been to the Wit Hotel in Chicago and the Hard Rock Hotel in Chicago, in addition to going to numerous Las Vegas hotels, all for bachelorette parties. All of those hotels were extremely accommodating to us and appreciated the money and business that we gave them. Not the Trump Hotel. The day started off with my two girlfriends bring balloons and appetizers up to the suite before we all arrived. A women who LIED and said that she was the hotel manager (later we learned she was the bar manager), got into the elevator with them and starting questioning them about why they were bringing those things, what their room number was (we had a suite that was 1100 sq feet), how many people were going to be in the room, followed by a "it better be because I am going to be checking on you girls." Our party consisted of 15 girls in the HUGE suite. The plan was to open presents and then leave to go out on the town. The room only slept 5-6 people and only 6 people were sleeping there. People arrived at 7 PM and were leaving at 9:30 PM for a trolley ride. During that two and a half hour period, 3 separate people came up and "checked" on us to basically make sure we didn't have more people in the room. When the third person came up, we were getting ready to leave and they told us we had to leave at that moment. We did come back and sleep there, but I didn't want to. I have never been treating with such disrespect and rudeness before and my friends and I will never stay at a Trump Hotel again. It's not worth the cost and definitely not welcoming.

Room Tip: My tip is stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience feel short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in any way as you were looking forward to an enjoyable bachelorette weekend. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided as an opportunity for improvement. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again in the future.

We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed in the Deluxe King Suite Cityview. We had requested two queen beds instead of the king, and they were able to accommodate us. It was the only one of its kind, and it was almost twice the size of the King Suite. It was beautiful and the service was outstanding. My kids even left their backpack in one of the many cabs we took and John, one of the bellmen looked through all of the video and tracked down the cab company and cab number and we were able to get the backpack back!

Our only disappointment was that they didn't go the extra mile and do anything special for our anniversary. They knew it was our 17th wedding anniversary on the Saturday, and I thought they would at least send up a bottle of wine or some flowers...considering we spent $2000 on the room.

Would have really took the service over the top in our opinion. That's the only reason I rated it a 4 star. It would have definitely had "Trump" written all over it had they done this one small gesture.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to extend my congratulations on your 17th wedding anniversary and thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to celebrate your special occasion. I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay as feedback likes yours allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities.
While I am happy to read your positive comments, I sincerely apologize that you were left to feel disappointed in any way. We strive to make every guest's experience personalized and special and regret if we fell short in this respect.
I do hope you will us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel's commitment to offer a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

There is not much left to want after checking in here. Everything is offered. The rooms are large with great views. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. This is truly a 5-star hotel in every way. A bit pricey for personal use, but if the firm is willing to pay, I’m eager to stay.

Room Tip: I'm sure any room will do!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am happy to read you enjoyed your experience and that you found our service to be friendly and accommodating. We certainly look forward to welcoming your return for your future business trips.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel was comfortable, modern, and clean. Overall, I had a good stay. There was a bit of a line for check-in, and the first night no one came for turn-down service. My room had a very comfortable bed, and was very modern with tv built into the bathroom mirror, etc. Carpeting was shabby and in need of re-doing.
In-room dining was very prompt and tasty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am happy to read you enjoyed your visit and that you found comfort during your stay. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and have noted your comments regarding housekeeping and our facilities as opportunities for improvement.

I certainly hope we will have the occasion to welcome your return to our hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed in the Trump with my family recently and had an amazing time. Chicago is one of the most fantastic cities that I've ever visited, and the Trump definitely added to this memorable experience. We stayed on the 21st floor in a suite with a stunning view of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan (a perfect view for watching the fireworks). The beds were very comfortable, nice bathrooms (love the whole TV in the mirror thing), good kitchen-area with a coffee machine and stocked fridge, and lovely living-area. When we checked in, we were soon greeted by some soft drinks, fruit and Garrett's famous popcorn, which was a nice touch! We had breakfast in the hotel on the first day...yes, it was a tad overpriced but the food was good, I guess. I can't fault the location at all, Navy Pier is only a 20-30 minute walk away which is fantastic. Make sure to visit Water Place Mall too, it's not too far from the hotel. The gym was huge and well-equipped, and the changing rooms were immaculate, as well. Unfortunately, I didn't use the swimming pool due to a lack of time but it did look very nice. Now for the negatives. The lobby is tiny- for such a huge building I was expecting a much bigger lobby. I know that these sorts of hotels build up rather than out but maybe they should have considered putting the lobby on a separate floor to the ground floor entrance...isn't that what many hotels do these days? Also, there are lots of complimentary services which they don't tell you about, for example, you can have your gym kit washed for free and ready for the next day...AND FREE COFFEE IN THE LOBBY! Yeah, nobody told us about that. My final point is that room service, although nice, is ridiculously over-priced for the portion sizes. Once, we ordered ice cream sundaes after a long day out in the sun, picturing big parfait glasses full of ice cream and hot fudge sauce. Soon enough, we were sitting with small bowls with two scoops of ice cream in them, a small jug of solidified chocolate sauce and a bowl of chopped peanuts. No thank you. My final point is that the staff can sometimes ignore you, which really makes the experience seem a little less personal. Overall, I did enjoy my stay here and would probably choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as you can looking over the lake- the views are amazing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am most pleased to learn you had a memorable and enjoyable stay, however it is with great concern that I have learned you did not feel you had a personable experience. Please be assured I have noted your comments and will take your feedback onboard as an opportunity for our improvement.

I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you back again in the near future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and just stayed for the weekend. We were celebrating our 10th anniversary. The room was amazing, overlooking the river and lake. The attention to detail is beyond what you would expect. All finishes are top notch. 16 lounge is amazing and worth visiting. The service was perfect from when we checked in until we checked out. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The suites that end in 00 (floor 19, suite 1900 ect) have a center view of the river and lake.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to extend my congratulations on your 10th anniversary and thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to celebrate your special occasion. I am pleased to read that your experience exceeded your expectations and that you would recommend our hotel. Your kind appraisal of our team and facilities is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed in 3 Trump hotels. NYC, Vegas & Chicago
The Chicago location has a wonderful view of Lake Michigan & 16 is fantastic
However, it's not so great room wise as their NYC or Vegas locations... Too many other great hotels less than a mile away for over $150/ night less

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor. I would also like to sincerely thank you for your ongoing loyalty to our hotels. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed the views and your time spent at Sixteen Restaurant. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in any way. We certainly hope to welcome your return and restore your confidence in Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

Vice President, Managing Director

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago? Share your experiences!