“Beautiful building and practical location but they don't always tell you everything...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Credit & Comp Parking
Ranked #6 of 168 hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed in the Trump with my family recently and had an amazing time. Chicago is one of the most fantastic cities that I've ever visited, and the Trump definitely added to this memorable experience. We stayed on the 21st floor in a suite with a stunning view of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan (a perfect view for watching the fireworks). The beds were very comfortable, nice bathrooms (love the whole TV in the mirror thing), good kitchen-area with a coffee machine and stocked fridge, and lovely living-area. When we checked in, we were soon greeted by some soft drinks, fruit and Garrett's famous popcorn, which was a nice touch! We had breakfast in the hotel on the first day...yes, it was a tad overpriced but the food was good, I guess. I can't fault the location at all, Navy Pier is only a 20-30 minute walk away which is fantastic. Make sure to visit Water Place Mall too, it's not too far from the hotel. The gym was huge and well-equipped, and the changing rooms were immaculate, as well. Unfortunately, I didn't use the swimming pool due to a lack of time but it did look very nice. Now for the negatives. The lobby is tiny- for such a huge building I was expecting a much bigger lobby. I know that these sorts of hotels build up rather than out but maybe they should have considered putting the lobby on a separate floor to the ground floor entrance...isn't that what many hotels do these days? Also, there are lots of complimentary services which they don't tell you about, for example, you can have your gym kit washed for free and ready for the next day...AND FREE COFFEE IN THE LOBBY! Yeah, nobody told us about that. My final point is that room service, although nice, is ridiculously over-priced for the portion sizes. Once, we ordered ice cream sundaes after a long day out in the sun, picturing big parfait glasses full of ice cream and hot fudge sauce. Soon enough, we were sitting with small bowls with two scoops of ice cream in them, a small jug of solidified chocolate sauce and a bowl of chopped peanuts. No thank you. My final point is that the staff can sometimes ignore you, which really makes the experience seem a little less personal. Overall, I did enjoy my stay here and would probably choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as you can looking over the lake- the views are amazing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am most pleased to learn you had a memorable and enjoyable stay, however it is with great concern that I have learned you did not feel you had a personable experience. Please be assured I have noted your comments and will take your feedback onboard as an opportunity for our improvement.

I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you back again in the near future.

1,307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and just stayed for the weekend. We were celebrating our 10th anniversary. The room was amazing, overlooking the river and lake. The attention to detail is beyond what you would expect. All finishes are top notch. 16 lounge is amazing and worth visiting. The service was perfect from when we checked in until we checked out. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The suites that end in 00 (floor 19, suite 1900 ect) have a center view of the river and lake.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to extend my congratulations on your 10th anniversary and thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to celebrate your special occasion. I am pleased to read that your experience exceeded your expectations and that you would recommend our hotel. Your kind appraisal of our team and facilities is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed in 3 Trump hotels. NYC, Vegas & Chicago
The Chicago location has a wonderful view of Lake Michigan & 16 is fantastic
However, it's not so great room wise as their NYC or Vegas locations... Too many other great hotels less than a mile away for over $150/ night less

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor. I would also like to sincerely thank you for your ongoing loyalty to our hotels. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed the views and your time spent at Sixteen Restaurant. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in any way. We certainly hope to welcome your return and restore your confidence in Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were celebrating a birthday with a night @ the Trump. The check-in experience was very professional and personable. They greeted my wife with a happy birthday. They put us in a “Spa” room which is located on the same floor as the spa. It is an entry level room but far from ordinary. All rooms at the Trump Chicago are spectacular. All feature a sitting area with very comfortable beds, linens & pillows. The bathrooms all feature soaking tubs, walk in shower and private toilette. The spa rooms also feature a heated & scented eye mask and neck pillow, a very nice surprise. They also provide a space age type dumb bell workout weight system. We did have treatments at the spa (which were wonderful) and it was so nice to just walk to spa and not have to get into an elevator. The hotel surprised us with some cake, candies & champagne delivered to our room in honor of my wife’s birthday. So unexpected but so blown away by their personal touch! They made us feel special! It was an excellent experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that your holiday to celebrate your wife's birthday was an excellent experience and that we were able to ensure your celebration with us was comfortable and special. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor in detail and for your wonderful appraisal of our services and facilities.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed in about 5 different hotels in Chicago prior to this one and have never stayed anywhere else since. The rooms are huge, most come with a kitchenette and the hotel has all amenities you could want from a business POV. I particularly rate the gym, spa and swimming pool area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for your ongoing loyalty to our hotel. I truly appreciate your positive feedback and am pleased to read you enjoy your time spent at The Spa at Trump. We certainly look forward to welcoming your return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is very nice. Situated in the heart of the City, it is very convenient to many attractions. The meeting space also was very nice. The views make the experience even more enjoyable. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. I loved the TV in the mirror of the bathroom (especially during the British Open!). The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read your business stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago was an enjoyable experience and that you found comfort in your room. Thank you for your acknowledgement of our staff; it is greatly appreciated.
We certainly hope to welcome your return in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have to admit it is a nice play to stay at but the staff was very unfriendly. Me my girlfriend and her daughter went to have lunch at the 16th floor bar. We were ignored from the moment we walked up. We were told eventually it would be a minute and we waited for about 8 minutes until finally a table was going to be ready. Then they said the table was still being cleaned so we ended up just leaving. The professionalism that I was expecting at Trump Tower was gone.

A.V.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago? Share your experiences!