I stayed in the Trump with my family recently and had an amazing time. Chicago is one of the most fantastic cities that I've ever visited, and the Trump definitely added to this memorable experience. We stayed on the 21st floor in a suite with a stunning view of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan (a perfect view for watching the fireworks). The beds were very comfortable, nice bathrooms (love the whole TV in the mirror thing), good kitchen-area with a coffee machine and stocked fridge, and lovely living-area. When we checked in, we were soon greeted by some soft drinks, fruit and Garrett's famous popcorn, which was a nice touch! We had breakfast in the hotel on the first day...yes, it was a tad overpriced but the food was good, I guess. I can't fault the location at all, Navy Pier is only a 20-30 minute walk away which is fantastic. Make sure to visit Water Place Mall too, it's not too far from the hotel. The gym was huge and well-equipped, and the changing rooms were immaculate, as well. Unfortunately, I didn't use the swimming pool due to a lack of time but it did look very nice. Now for the negatives. The lobby is tiny- for such a huge building I was expecting a much bigger lobby. I know that these sorts of hotels build up rather than out but maybe they should have considered putting the lobby on a separate floor to the ground floor entrance...isn't that what many hotels do these days? Also, there are lots of complimentary services which they don't tell you about, for example, you can have your gym kit washed for free and ready for the next day...AND FREE COFFEE IN THE LOBBY! Yeah, nobody told us about that. My final point is that room service, although nice, is ridiculously over-priced for the portion sizes. Once, we ordered ice cream sundaes after a long day out in the sun, picturing big parfait glasses full of ice cream and hot fudge sauce. Soon enough, we were sitting with small bowls with two scoops of ice cream in them, a small jug of solidified chocolate sauce and a bowl of chopped peanuts. No thank you. My final point is that the staff can sometimes ignore you, which really makes the experience seem a little less personal. Overall, I did enjoy my stay here and would probably choose to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago