“Fabulous.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fabulous.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Love love love the Trump Hotel and Tower in Chicago. The front desk staff were welcoming and managed to mix a sense of class with great humor allowing our girls trip to get started on a great note. I utilized the concierge services for recommendations for lunch and the architectural boat tour and they were helpful with insight for our group. The rooms were spectacular and roomy. The terrace bar offers a fantastic view of the city with innovative cocktails. A bit of a glitch with service but the atmosphere and the hotel experience overshadow their innatentiveness. We did not eat at the restaurant, Nineteen, but a chef I know says it is creating quite a buzz! My first Trump Hotel experience has me giving them higher marks than Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your high regards and positive review of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for your kind comments of our team as I am happy to hear they made you feel welcome and comfortable. I also appreciate your mention and appraisal of Sixteen and hope you will have the opportunity to dine in Sixteen upon your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming your return.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've stayed at many 5 star hotels and this one is fab in so many ways -- location, views, rooms and dining. The staff made us feel welcome and comfortable brining us a full line of baby products for our 9 month old as well as a crib with adorable baby blankets. The one area they fall short is on the beds. Their beds are way too soft and lumpy. Not even close to what a 5 star hotel bed should feel like. Hugely disappointed and front desk wouldn't replace our bed when we complained.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am very pleased to learn that our team made you feel welcome and that our efforts to ensure your little one is comfortable are so warmly received. While I am happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in any way. Your suggestions regarding the beds has been noted and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome your return and improve your comfort.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed at a number of 5-star resorts over the years and this one exceeds them all. Rooms were spacious and the bathrooms are stocked with only the best amenities. Location is right on the river, allowing for a short walk to Mag mile and also to State Street. The staff was second to none. They are the standard for all luxury hotels.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a river view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am very happy to read that you regard your stay as the best experience you have had and that you have such a high appraisal of our team. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming your return.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Trump in Chicago. We got two connecting rooms so we could keep an eye on our twin daughters. The rooms were very clean, spacious, and had wonderful views of the city. When checking into the hotel we were given warm, moist towels to wash away our travels with. That was a great touch. Our girls were given a welcome packet that included a pink Trump hat, and a small bag of pink cotton candy. They were thrilled. The turn down service later that night included cookies and milk for the girls. That was also a very nice touch. The pool located on the 14th floor was very clean and comfortable. There were plenty of kids swimming, which my girls also loved. I accidentally left my cell phone by the pool. The staff promptly returned it to my room. Trump has a very nice feature that I accidentally stumbled upon. I requested the valet to arrange a vehicle large enough for 5 people to be dropped off at Grant Park (We were in town for the Kicks for a Cure charity event). I was told they had a complimentary vehicle on hand to take you from the hotel to local destinations. How nice! I used that same wonderful service later that evening to be taken to RPM Italian. The restaurant was so close we could have walked, but our husbands were a little worn out and scraped up from playing in 7 games of kickball that day. So having the simple option to be driven, was just what we needed at that moment. Everything at Trump was just so easy. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone with children. We loved it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read you were able to relax and find comfort at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and that your daughters enjoyed their experience as well. Thank you for your recognition of our team as we understand the importance service plays in ensuring your experience is memorable. We truly appreciate your recommendation of our hotel.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome your return.

Columbia, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

First off I want to say, as a kid who grew up visiting Chicago every summer, I watched this buildings construction process. I have visited every tourist thing in Chicago and I can safely say that this is not a tourist spot. The second you walk in the door you realize that this building was created for business and making money. Everyone is in suits and there are NO children running around in wet swim suits. There is no breakfast in the lobby. Every one of the staff members is very proper and knows that the residents and guests require the utmost respect. There are people that live in this tower for a million dollars for a one bedroom condo. They experience the same things that the hotel guests do. They have the same entrance and share the same pool. Be aware that we felt like we should have worn a suit to fit in, we always made a mad dash from the room to the outside and vice versa.

That being said, it is reflected in the room. Please look at my pictures and know that this room was immaculate and huge. It was everything you could ever want in a room. We spent plenty of time just discovering all it had to offer, and when we first got there we were gawking so much that the bellhop just left and I had to call him back up to give him a tip. The staff are VERY nice and accommodating. Once they realize you are a normal person just like them, they take it down a notch and talk on your level. there is the best free wifi I have ever encountered. Everything you could want in the room, it was there. Please look at the pictures for all the features of the room and know that it was huge and clean and new.

The pool... Since we realized that this hotel was on a higher level of class than we could ever achieve, I knew that the pool would not be your average pool. I was correct. I knew we shouldn't show up in our swimsuits expecting to jump in. We went at closing time in full clothing just hoping to catch a glimpse of the pool through glass or something. No such luck. You take the elevator to the spa level, go to a receptionist desk where you have the option to choose spa to the right or pool to the left. The receptionist asked how she can help us, we said we were just looking for the pool, she took it down a notch and giggled (very nicely, not condescending) and said it was around the corner. She said its closing time so the pool area will be empty for you so you can explore. We peeked in the very large workout area with elliptical and lots of workout equipment. You go around the hallway and enter your respective genders locker room. Which by itself is large and has a few different steam rooms in it. We poked our heads into the pool area, saw swimming lanes and no hot tub, and ran back to our room before we explored any more. As a reminder, the residents that live in the condo's have access to the pool and everything I mentioned.

The Tourist Options.... There is no "observation deck" or tourist entrance. If you want to just visit the tower then you should come with lots of money and go into the hotel entrance. Ask any staff member you see and when they realize you are a normal person, they take it down a notch and are very polite and helpful. They will direct you to a specific elevator for the ReBar or the 16 restaurant. I did not visit the ReBar because we were out of money after we visited the 16 restaurant. These are the only two places I am aware of that you can visit without owning a condo, getting a hotel room, or attending a business meeting.

Dining... There is a restaurant called 16 and it is on the 16th floor. BUT they will drag you into an 8 course $150 meal that is an amazing culinary experience and I would recommend. So take my advice and put the brakes on before they seat you at the table. Let them know you just want to grab a drink and enjoy the view, or that you want the ala cart menu. They really gave us very little hint that we were undertaking this adventure and just kept bringing out courses. The little "letter from the chef" IS THE MENU!!! if you pick one of their 3 options then that is the 8 course meal! It says they offer lunch and breakfast, but I couldn't imagine the cost or what they would bring you.

Room Tip: Call the reservation line, they will get you a way better rate thank any online service and they hel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent visit at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am delighted to read you would recommend our hotel and that you enjoyed so many different aspects of your stay. Your appraisal of our team, services and facilities is much appreciated and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Woodville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is our second stay at Trump Chicago. We feel quite at home here, even though this setting is quite a departure from our real home in rural Mississippi! Know that whatever your background, the staff at this hotel will make you feel comfortable and special! Give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the Chicago River. We watched fireworks at the mouth of the river fro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am happy to read you felt like you were at home and that our team made you feel welcome and special. We truly appreciate you taking the time post a review during your stay and look forward to to welcoming your return in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have just come home from a 5 night stay at the Trump. I also stayed for 5 nights in May 2012 and both stays were faultless. The room was huge and very comfortable with great views. The bathroom is also huge and well appointed. I had laundry returned perfectly, I used the huge gym most days, had breakfast there only once (it's amazing but did end up costing $70 for two!) and used the concierge to book a meal for 10 which I was hosting...every part of these services was excellent. It's also perfectly placed at the start of the Golden Mile and near plenty of restaurants and bars.

I was staying on business and my firm also has the Four Seasons and Ritz Cartlon on the list of approved hotels we can stay at and I quite simply can't see me ever trying them out because I can't imagine how they can be better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that you found your past business stays at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to be faultless and that you enjoyed your time with us. I truly appreciate your new-found loyalty and look forward to welcoming your return very soon.

Vice President, Managing Director

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago? Share your experiences!