“View amazing but details lacking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Comp Parking + F&B Credit
Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
“View amazing but details lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The location & view are the best but our spacious room had a tiny bathroom & closet - no counter space around sinks at all & most of our toiletries went on the floor; not enough closet space; shower in same tub area required that you had to turn it on & get wet before it heated up. Ordered drinks in Rebar with friends & waited so long we had to leave for dinner & were never served; left room for six hours one day & room still not made up. So- we had a great time and this is a beautiful & expensive hotel but design details were shockingly deficient.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share feedback of your recent stay. While I am happy to read your overall positive review, I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed. I have noted your comments regarding the lapse of service from housekeeping and at Rebar and want to assure that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here on business. Overall very impressed. The hotel is in a new skyscraper - 6th tallest in the world apparently. Unsurprisingly the views are amazing. The room was a good size, modern and of good quality (N.B. although slightly worn in a few areas, if I was to be really picky). Service helpful. Great location too. The outside bar on the 16th floor is not to be missed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed the views and your room and that you found our service helpful. We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Sometimes you just have to dig deep for a special occasion. And for a 65th birthday, what’s a few hundred per night more, when the hotel property will help make your weekend truly memorable. On our first stay at a Trump Hotel, we were not disappointed. From check-in, to the floor to ceiling windows of our beautiful room, to a suite that seemed to anticipate your every need, our stay at this terrific property, in an excellent location, with a highly trained staff, was truly memorable. From the spotless room, to the pillows and bed, to the marble bath, this is a hotel for others hotels to use as a measure, albeit high and expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that we were able to ensure your stay was memorable for your 65th birthday celebration and that you felt your every need was anticipated. I truly appreciate you choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for this special occasion and for taking the time to post a review of your experience. I was very happy to read your kind remarks and recognition of our team and services.

I do hope you will be returning to visit us again in the near future; we certainly look forward to welcoming your return.

Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here after a meeting in Chicago to celebrate our anniversary. We normally stay at a Ritz, but decided to give the Trump a try. We were not disappointed--the location and facility are amazing, but it was the first rate service and attention to detail that won us over. We were kindly offered an upgraded room and sent champagne with chocolate strawberries. The view from The Terrace for Summer fireworks was wonderful. They even had a gift to take home to our kids. My Trump Card requests were met in exactly as requested. I don't have a single complaint. We will be back!

Room Tip: Go for the river view--a room in the middle or toward the end of the hall will look straight down th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to extend my congratulations on your anniversary and thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to celebrate. I am pleased to read your experience exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your memorable time together at our hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The name says it all, I expected it to be great but it was even better. You will be completely pampered by the outstanding service. The views are breathtaking and close to everything. I would highly recommend the experience.

Room Tip: Everything is excellent here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago last summer. I am happy to read that we exceeded your expectations and that you felt pampered by the service you received.

We certainly look forward to welcoming your return.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

One of the things that differentiates Trump from the other super high end competition is the attention to detail. Simply stated, nothing is taken for granted. From the beautiful lobby, to the upscale bar and delicious sushi served, to the top notch fitness center - and of course the room and beds. It's the small touches: kettle corn movie style popcorn in your room - that type of thing. Or the cucumber laced water in the gym, or the concierge anticipating all your needs. We had a horrific flight experience due to weather issues and once we stepped into the hotel, there was virtually zero stress. I would expect nothing less from Trump - and I'm extremely critical. This hotel met every expectation - bar none.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind comments regarding the attention we pay towards details that ensure your expectations are met. I am happy to read you and your family were able to relax and enjoy the services and facilities we offer after a stressful travel experience.

I look forward to welcoming your return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I cannot give this hotel a higher recommendation. I booked a river-view suite for my younger sister's bachelorette weekend in August 2012, and although pricey, it was worth every penny. This hotel provides exceptional service down to the last detail, from the valet parkers outside to the house-keeping staff to the front desk. They go above and beyond to make guests feel pampered. The suite was very spacious and had the gorgeous views I expected (with floor to ceiling windows), the bathroom amenities were the best I have ever had, and the mini kitchen (with regular-sized fridge) was perfect for our event. I have stayed in many hotels in downtown Chicago but the Trump is the best I've experienced. I will most definitely stay here again when the opportunity arises.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your sister's celebration. I am happy to read your party felt pampered and that you regard your experience as the best you've had in downtown Chicago. I appreciate your kind appraisal of our team, facilities, and amenities and look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.