“First visit better than we'd dreamed of” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Spring Indulgence Package
Ranked #6 of 167 hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“First visit better than we'd dreamed of”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had long week of business in Chicago. Usually stay in Lincoln Park with my spouse, but had to switch to a downtown location. Have stayed in several trump hotels but enjoyed this the most-- Chicago personality, lovely near river, stunning views from my upgraded suite. Already booked a return stay here for an August work trip...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our facilities and am happy to learn you already plan on returning in August.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

1,176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Waunakee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I can not say enough good things about this hotel. The rooms are incredibly quiet and the room darkening drapes let you sleep late. The bed is so comfortable. I love this property! Great staff and great service. We had tickets for a show at the Chicago Theater and this is easy walking distance - two blocks. There are a number of fantastic restaurants in the area and our breakfast at Sixteen was excellent. My only complaint and it is a tiny complaint is that the music in Rebar is headache producing. A softer jazz would have enticed me to stay longer. I look forward to returning to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago with your family. I am very pleased to read that you found comfort in your room and that our team provided great service to you. I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding Sixteen and am happy to read that you found your experience to be excellent.

I do hope you and your family will be returning to visit us again in the near future; we certainly look forward to welcoming you.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Great, central and scenic setting on the canal close to the lake. The rooms are great, especially the lake facing ones! City view not that great. We had a few minor service failures, all resolved very quickly and satisfactorily. All round a great place to stay

• Stayed May 2013
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay and that the service lapse you encountered were resolved quickly and to your satisfaction, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. I can appreciate what a nuisance this was.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Laguna Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was really impressed with all aspects of this hotel in my four-day stay. The room was spacious quiet and conformable. The housekeepers did a first rate job and even left a note card with the weather report on the nightstand each day.

The entire lobby staff doormen and bellmen were very incredibly helpful and polite. Everyone called me by my surname and seemed truly grateful for whatever I tipped them which may or may not be the standard amount in that city. I have no idea as this was my first visit to Chicago.

Room Tip: I had a city view and liked the eastern sunrise and buildings outside the tall windows.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your four-day stay and found it to be quiet and comfortable. I am also happy to read that our team was gracious and helpful.

Thank you again for your kind review; I certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

When in Chicago I will never stay anywhere but here. The staff is outstanding, and will help you with any small thing at just about any time. The good was excellent, my room quiet and had a great sound dock. Having an incredible kitchen made my trip so much better as I don't like to eat out all the time, and my view from my room was excellent, especially at night looking down over the river, or out the beautiful window view. Great interior design, and very comfortable furnishings that are thoughtfully laid out. I was able to walk to most of my destinations, or hop a cab easily from the front door. Gorgeous formal dining deck to entertain clients in.
I got stuck at the airport and had to stay overnight another night; they accomodated me, so I decided to stay 2 more since it was the weekend! Great spa that serves you martinis while you get a pedicure for tired traveler feet. Love this place!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you found your room and accommodations to be excellent and comfortable, especially with the misfortune of getting stuck at the airport. It is also wonderful to learn that you were able to relax and enjoy the Spa.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Grand Island, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for a girls' trip away for the weekend. The rooms are large, well equipped, and very nice. We had lunch on the 16th floor and it was fabulous! The service was excellent and the staff was very friendly. We were within walking distance to great shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you and your friends for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your girls' trip away and for posting a review of your experience. I am very delighted to read that the service provided to you was excellent and that you enjoyed dinner at Sixteen. I am also happy to learn that your party was pleased with your accommodations and that you were able to enjoy surrounding entertainment in the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here for business and didn't have much expectation but this hotel caught me by surprise. The staff pays attention to the small details and everyone is absolutely friendly and very eager to help you make your stay comfortable. Not to mention the room provides nepresso machine, boss sound dock, and small kitchen. The location is excellent as well, most attractions are walking distance. I must agree with the other reviewer who states Trump might beat Ritz. Lastly, free wifi connection is very fast, unlike most other hotel wifi. The only thing that would make this complete may be the spa. My friend had a service at the spa and said the spa didn't have sauna. Not sure if she didn't know about it or not, but nonetheless she was very satisfied with her facial treatment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I appreciate your appraisal of our team as we make every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves while remaining welcoming and personable to our guests. I am also happy to read you enjoyed amenities of the the room and hotel facilities. I do apologize for the inconvenience your friend experienced in trying to locate the sauna, as we do occupy one, but am pleased she was satisfied with her treatment.

I do hope you and your friend have the opportunity to enjoy the sauna upon your next visit; I look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago? Share your experiences!