“What you should expect in a fine urban hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Spring Indulgence Package
Ranked #6 of 167 hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Laguna Beach, California, United States
“What you should expect in a fine urban hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was really impressed with all aspects of this hotel in my four-day stay. The room was spacious quiet and conformable. The housekeepers did a first rate job and even left a note card with the weather report on the nightstand each day.

The entire lobby staff doormen and bellmen were very incredibly helpful and polite. Everyone called me by my surname and seemed truly grateful for whatever I tipped them which may or may not be the standard amount in that city. I have no idea as this was my first visit to Chicago.

Room Tip: I had a city view and liked the eastern sunrise and buildings outside the tall windows.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your four-day stay and found it to be quiet and comfortable. I am also happy to read that our team was gracious and helpful.

Thank you again for your kind review; I certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

1,177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

When in Chicago I will never stay anywhere but here. The staff is outstanding, and will help you with any small thing at just about any time. The good was excellent, my room quiet and had a great sound dock. Having an incredible kitchen made my trip so much better as I don't like to eat out all the time, and my view from my room was excellent, especially at night looking down over the river, or out the beautiful window view. Great interior design, and very comfortable furnishings that are thoughtfully laid out. I was able to walk to most of my destinations, or hop a cab easily from the front door. Gorgeous formal dining deck to entertain clients in.
I got stuck at the airport and had to stay overnight another night; they accomodated me, so I decided to stay 2 more since it was the weekend! Great spa that serves you martinis while you get a pedicure for tired traveler feet. Love this place!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you found your room and accommodations to be excellent and comfortable, especially with the misfortune of getting stuck at the airport. It is also wonderful to learn that you were able to relax and enjoy the Spa.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Grand Island, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for a girls' trip away for the weekend. The rooms are large, well equipped, and very nice. We had lunch on the 16th floor and it was fabulous! The service was excellent and the staff was very friendly. We were within walking distance to great shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you and your friends for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your girls' trip away and for posting a review of your experience. I am very delighted to read that the service provided to you was excellent and that you enjoyed dinner at Sixteen. I am also happy to learn that your party was pleased with your accommodations and that you were able to enjoy surrounding entertainment in the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here for business and didn't have much expectation but this hotel caught me by surprise. The staff pays attention to the small details and everyone is absolutely friendly and very eager to help you make your stay comfortable. Not to mention the room provides nepresso machine, boss sound dock, and small kitchen. The location is excellent as well, most attractions are walking distance. I must agree with the other reviewer who states Trump might beat Ritz. Lastly, free wifi connection is very fast, unlike most other hotel wifi. The only thing that would make this complete may be the spa. My friend had a service at the spa and said the spa didn't have sauna. Not sure if she didn't know about it or not, but nonetheless she was very satisfied with her facial treatment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I appreciate your appraisal of our team as we make every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves while remaining welcoming and personable to our guests. I am also happy to read you enjoyed amenities of the the room and hotel facilities. I do apologize for the inconvenience your friend experienced in trying to locate the sauna, as we do occupy one, but am pleased she was satisfied with her treatment.

I do hope you and your friend have the opportunity to enjoy the sauna upon your next visit; I look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Hassocks, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We went to the bar which is situated on the 16th floor, hoping to have a drink and take in the view. The bar wasn't very big and on arriving there was not a table big enough for our party (we were only 5).

The waiters and servers completely ignored us and walked straight past whilst we stood there helplessly not really sure if we could start rearranging the bar to create a table big enough for us. After five minutes of being ignored we decided to leave and go to another bar. The customer service here is terrible, would definitely not recommend it at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to our bar. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. It is of course with great concern that I have learned your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in any way.
I would like to invite you to visit Rebar and offer your party a complimentary round of drinks. Please contact Christopher Roberts, Director of Food and Beverage, at 312-588-8100 or croberts@trumphotels.com when you would like to arrange your visit.

We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We consider ourselves fortunate to have experienced some of the world's most highly acclaimed resorts and hotels.

Our experiences at the Trump Chicago are always delightful. The rooms are beautiful, clean, and well appointed and the staff couldn't be more professional. We always take an evening to dine at Sixteen and choose the chef's tasting menu with wine pairings and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your experiences.
I truly appreciate your kind appraisal of the rooms in which you have stayed and of our team and their professionalism. I am also pleased to read that you have enjoyed your experiences at Sixteen.

I certainly look forward to welcoming your next visit.

Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed at Trump Chicago 3 nights with our two sons, 9 and 6 years. Very childfriendly! Rooms are big and after travelling in Illinois anf Indiana for almost 2 weeks we enjoyed to have our own pentry in the livingroom for just having a quick breakfast. Trump offered us to use their limousin-service several time. The kids just loved the pool-area-perfect for relaxing after a in the city with musuems. To be recemmended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay with your family and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read that you and your sons enjoyed your time with us and that you were able to relax and spend time at the pool. We hope you and your family will have the opportunity to visit us again soon; we certainly look forward to welcoming your return.

Vice President, Managing Director

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago? Share your experiences!