You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Comp Parking + F&B Credit
Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wi
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I and our kids stayed here April 20th. We stayed in a one bedroom suite on the 20th floor. Check in was smooth, we were early and the room wasn't ready but we walked around until they called us and proceeded to the room. When they brought our bags up the guy stayed a few minutes to settle us in and tell us about the suite. The suite was very nice. Great views of the river and city. Both bathroom were very nice also. We did not have a chance to use the spa or the pool as we were on the go but everything we saw was top notch as I expected.

• Stayed April 2013
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with your family at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am happy to read check in went well and that you enjoyed your time with us.
We hope you and your family will have the opportunity to experience the Spa and pool upon your next visit. I do hope to welcome your return in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
Falls Church, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed for five nights at hotel with reservation through AMEX Fine Hotels and Resorts that included many amenities including a room upgrade, credit towards SPA and daily breakfast. My initial room (2026) was very large suite that faced Wabash Street. Full kitchen was over the top and used very little. The noise level was not something I expected for a 5-star hotel. Sirens, etc., from the street were understandable given the urban location. However, the continuous bass from the neighboring room's tv/radio was very annoying - even with ear plugs I could hear the thumping until around 3:30 am. Not great when you have 7 am breakfast meeting. Also, I could hear adjoining room's flushing toliet and bathroom TV when using my own bathroom - so they could also hear me! Walking down hallways you can hear building's plumbing. Not something that I have experienced in other 5-star hotels. I complained and room was changed. Rooms exiting to the right of the elevator core in the 40s are better with excellent views of the river, Lake Michigan, and world-class Chicago architecture. Room servicing and turn down service are linked to switches at the door/bedroom - I found that if you don't use it, then service, especially turn down, was either hit or miss. All staff were very friendly, responsive and helpful throughout entire stay. Spa and health club are excellent. Although the up-selling on spa merchandise could be toned down. It happens everywhere. Breakfast was a little pricy but exceptional service. My final bill included valet charge although I did not have a car. You don't need a car with this location. The charge was removed. A very good hotel with first rate staff but could withstand some better sound proofing.

Room Tip: River view rooms and those ending in the upper 40s are better - you pay for them also! Acqua Di Pa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am very happy to learn that our team graciously and efficiently met your needs throughout your stay and that you were able to enjoy our Spa and health club. While I was pleased to read your kind recognition of our team's service, I sincerely apologize that your stay was disturbed by noise coming from outside your room. I can appreciate what a nuisance this was and again, I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again and exceed your expectations on your next stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I live less than a mile from the Trump, but jumped at the opportunity to stay there. It's just THAT good! We stayed at the Trump for 2 nights celebrating a friends wedding and I couldn't have been happier. From initial check in to check out the staff were friendly, and pleasant but not over the top. The room was gorgeous! Beautiful decor, bathroom, kitchenette, and view! They offered turndown service each night- and it was such a treat to come back to a room ready for my slumber! What I really liked, was that though the hotel was busy with many guests, I never heard a peep from the hallway from guests or staff. It was super quiet--a huge plus!

The only drawback is the cost of items sold in the hotel. Both the bar (ReBar and in room mini bar were WAY overpriced!) I may have been staying at the Trump, but that doesn't mean I can spend like the Donald can. :) BUT it was a wonderful staycation. Worth every penny! Hope to have an excuse to return again soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your friend's wedding despite living in the city. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team and that you thoroughly enjoyed your room and turndown service.
Our team strives to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. I would like to apologize if in any way we fell short in this respect.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed in the Trump Towers for three days.

Everything has the wow factor.

The location is perfect. 1 minutes walk from Michigan Ave and 1 walk from State Street.

The view from my rook was fantastic.

My accommodation was amazing, i even had a kitchen which i did not use but if i wanted too i could have cooked all my meals here.

The rooms are really well furnished and very spacious. The bed was perfect. There is a pillow menu with a selection of about 10 different pillow types

Room service was fantastic. I needed some dry cleaning and a suit and shirt was turned around in about 3 hours.

All the staff are very polite and very pleasant.

The swimming pool is just what you need after a long flight.

Everything about the Trump exceeded my expectations and i will now only stay here when i am in Chicago.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. I am very pleased to read that your expectations were exceeded and to learn that our staff treated you well and you were happy with your accommodations.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again in the near future.

Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed this weekend at Trump. Walking in everything looked amazing. We were here to celebrate my husbands birthday and our honeymoon. I reserved what I thought was a spa room on the 14th floor but we were on the 26th. Not a big deal we had an amazing view. Everything was going great after driving 15 hours straight we decided to have a nice bath together and just unwind for the night. I filled the tub and when I got in I noticed that there was black mold on the lip of the tub. I was totally disgueted. I called to the front desk to let them know and offered to clean it myself and then man who answered the phone was very rude. He told me that there was no staff available to take are of it. (it was 6pm and housekeeping had just come to our room for turndown service) I told him that I didn't mind cleaning it if he could give me a tooth brush and some cleaning product. His response was he didn't have anything to give me. I was very upset because we just wanted to relax. We had a couples massage and bath the next day and while that helped I was still upset because we spend $1500 on 1 night and I just didn't see the value when I couldnt even use the tub. The other Trump properties were great. If they put you in room 2606 just check the tub before you use it. If you are sitting in it look to your right and you will see what I mean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to celebrate your husband's birthday and for taking the time to share your experience.

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed with the bathtub and service lapse you encountered as a result.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

Our team makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. I would like to apologize if in anyway we feel short in this respect.

We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for a conference. I expected it to be nice but what I didn't expect was the level of detail given to ensure a pleasant stay. The room was gorgeous and spacious I was shocked by the kitchenette. I was also very surprised how ever staff person I spoke with was so pleasant and helpful. This has replaced my old favorite Chicago hotel favorite, hands down.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to learn that you regard Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to be your favorite Chicago hotel. Thank you for sharing your appraisal and recognition of our team and their attention to detail.

We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

T.Colm O'Callaghan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have a mixed review for Trump Chicago. So many things were simply perfect about the hotel. The hotel is beautiful, service is beyond compare and river rooms are amazing! We has the Kids in the City package and thought it was a tremendous value. Our five year old daughter was not only welcome, but treated like royalty! The only problem I had with our stay is the cleanliness of our room. And this is a huge deal to me, especially for a now 5 star hotel. Our room had such an issue with dust it was just strange! Even right after it was cleaned there would be a blanket of white particles and dust everywhere! The glass type tops didn't help the situation either. I've never seen anything like it. I'll try and post a pic if I can. It was a big let down to an otherwise perfect experience. Enjoyed the spa as well, found it relaxing and the massage was wonderful. So was the dust issue enough to keep me from returning? Probably not but it is something that should be resolved for a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our Kids in the City package and that you and your daughter were treated well by our team.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that your room had an issue with dust; I can appreciate what an inconvenience that was for you. Please be assured we are investigating the problem and I trust you will find an improvement in this regard should you return to stay with us.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.