“Wonderful Wedding Weekend Staycation” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Expedia.com Booking.com
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #6 of 167 hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wonderful Wedding Weekend Staycation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I live less than a mile from the Trump, but jumped at the opportunity to stay there. It's just THAT good! We stayed at the Trump for 2 nights celebrating a friends wedding and I couldn't have been happier. From initial check in to check out the staff were friendly, and pleasant but not over the top. The room was gorgeous! Beautiful decor, bathroom, kitchenette, and view! They offered turndown service each night- and it was such a treat to come back to a room ready for my slumber! What I really liked, was that though the hotel was busy with many guests, I never heard a peep from the hallway from guests or staff. It was super quiet--a huge plus!

The only drawback is the cost of items sold in the hotel. Both the bar (ReBar and in room mini bar were WAY overpriced!) I may have been staying at the Trump, but that doesn't mean I can spend like the Donald can. :) BUT it was a wonderful staycation. Worth every penny! Hope to have an excuse to return again soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your friend's wedding despite living in the city. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team and that you thoroughly enjoyed your room and turndown service.
Our team strives to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. I would like to apologize if in any way we fell short in this respect.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

1,180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed in the Trump Towers for three days.

Everything has the wow factor.

The location is perfect. 1 minutes walk from Michigan Ave and 1 walk from State Street.

The view from my rook was fantastic.

My accommodation was amazing, i even had a kitchen which i did not use but if i wanted too i could have cooked all my meals here.

The rooms are really well furnished and very spacious. The bed was perfect. There is a pillow menu with a selection of about 10 different pillow types

Room service was fantastic. I needed some dry cleaning and a suit and shirt was turned around in about 3 hours.

All the staff are very polite and very pleasant.

The swimming pool is just what you need after a long flight.

Everything about the Trump exceeded my expectations and i will now only stay here when i am in Chicago.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. I am very pleased to read that your expectations were exceeded and to learn that our staff treated you well and you were happy with your accommodations.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again in the near future.

Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed this weekend at Trump. Walking in everything looked amazing. We were here to celebrate my husbands birthday and our honeymoon. I reserved what I thought was a spa room on the 14th floor but we were on the 26th. Not a big deal we had an amazing view. Everything was going great after driving 15 hours straight we decided to have a nice bath together and just unwind for the night. I filled the tub and when I got in I noticed that there was black mold on the lip of the tub. I was totally disgueted. I called to the front desk to let them know and offered to clean it myself and then man who answered the phone was very rude. He told me that there was no staff available to take are of it. (it was 6pm and housekeeping had just come to our room for turndown service) I told him that I didn't mind cleaning it if he could give me a tooth brush and some cleaning product. His response was he didn't have anything to give me. I was very upset because we just wanted to relax. We had a couples massage and bath the next day and while that helped I was still upset because we spend $1500 on 1 night and I just didn't see the value when I couldnt even use the tub. The other Trump properties were great. If they put you in room 2606 just check the tub before you use it. If you are sitting in it look to your right and you will see what I mean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to celebrate your husband's birthday and for taking the time to share your experience.

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed with the bathtub and service lapse you encountered as a result.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

Our team makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. I would like to apologize if in anyway we feel short in this respect.

We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for a conference. I expected it to be nice but what I didn't expect was the level of detail given to ensure a pleasant stay. The room was gorgeous and spacious I was shocked by the kitchenette. I was also very surprised how ever staff person I spoke with was so pleasant and helpful. This has replaced my old favorite Chicago hotel favorite, hands down.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to learn that you regard Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to be your favorite Chicago hotel. Thank you for sharing your appraisal and recognition of our team and their attention to detail.

We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

T.Colm O'Callaghan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I have a mixed review for Trump Chicago. So many things were simply perfect about the hotel. The hotel is beautiful, service is beyond compare and river rooms are amazing! We has the Kids in the City package and thought it was a tremendous value. Our five year old daughter was not only welcome, but treated like royalty! The only problem I had with our stay is the cleanliness of our room. And this is a huge deal to me, especially for a now 5 star hotel. Our room had such an issue with dust it was just strange! Even right after it was cleaned there would be a blanket of white particles and dust everywhere! The glass type tops didn't help the situation either. I've never seen anything like it. I'll try and post a pic if I can. It was a big let down to an otherwise perfect experience. Enjoyed the spa as well, found it relaxing and the massage was wonderful. So was the dust issue enough to keep me from returning? Probably not but it is something that should be resolved for a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our Kids in the City package and that you and your daughter were treated well by our team.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that your room had an issue with dust; I can appreciate what an inconvenience that was for you. Please be assured we are investigating the problem and I trust you will find an improvement in this regard should you return to stay with us.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This place was of course a little pricey, but well worth it. You are treated like a king and the location is amazing with fantastic views of the river and central to almost everywhere.

Will definitely be staying here again next time we are state side again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read you were treated well during your stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and that you enjoyed your experience. Thank you sincerely for taking the time to share your review.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

No surprise, but this place oozes class and requires a lot of cash. The rooms (and the views from many of them) are beautiful, service is great, and the bar area is really nice. But it ain't cheap. If spending money on a great hotel is worth it to you, and you want to stay along the river in the center of Chicago, then this is the place for you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor and for choosing to spend your time with us. I am very happy to read you enjoyed the service you received, our facilities and the views of the river and city.

I do hope you will be returning to visit us again; we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago? Share your experiences!