“Luxury plus...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

Save Saved
You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milton, Canada
“Luxury plus...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I love a luxury hotel...and this was it! The Trump Chicago lived up to it's reputation of being a world class hotel. The location was fantastic, views of the river and lake, at the bottom of the magnificent mile, and situated amongst the fabulous architecture of Chicago...what more could you ask for? Oh amazing service you say? Then yes, that too! Get the turn down service - it is worth it. Not to mention, when they heard it was my birthday they sent up a little treat! So lovely!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your birthday and for taking the time to post a review of your experience. I do hope you will be returning to visit us again in the near future; we certainly look forward to welcoming your return.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Canandaigua, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Bar was very nice and bar tender great! Very good service! Very clean and upscale atmosphere! Wish we could afford to have stayed here but maybe next time. Heard the sushi in the restaurant is great! If u go to the bar on the 16th floor, ask for Johnny

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team in Sixteen, services and facilities.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and other Trump properties in the very near future.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My gf and I stayed for one night in the Trump Hotel for my Birthday and it was the best experience we have ever had in a hotel.
We stayed in a suite and to say it was luxury is an understatement.
The views, the service and even the complimentary birthday cake that was brought up to our room. Everything was amazing!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago for your stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to make your recent birthday "the best birthday ever". We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Warrington, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

On business in the Windy City I was pleased to see that the Trump Tower was associated with the conference I was attending...Hard to find any faults to the magnificent property. Greeted at the door, you don't get to bring your luggage upstairs. It is brought to you and followed by aa "orientation" on the room. Electric shade, espresso machine, the famous "in mirror" tv, spacious room, extremly comfortable, wonderful bed, fabulous shower/tub area, nothing is missing.
The service is amazing, the common areas impecable, restaurants are fabulous, exceptional stay!

Room Tip: I don't believe you can get a "bad" room but requesting a river view would be recommen...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent business trip and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was very pleased to learn that for my most recent business trip to Chicago I would be staying at the Trump.

My room was again spacious, although being on the west side of the building, my view wasn't as great as last time, even through I was on the 27th floor, but it was still a better view than from most hotels, so it really wasn't a let-down.

All of the staff were very friendly, eager to ensure that everything was perfect for my stay (which it was). Despite the freezing cold all week, the door staff were always in high spirits too. I only had breakfast once in the restaurant, and it was okay, but $20 for eggs benedict (where I could taste the vinegar used to piach the eggs) was a little steep, but the service was great nonetheless. The service in the bar was excellent, and it wasn't crazy expensive for spirits ($11 for a gin and tonic that was heavy on the gin).

The health club was just as good as I remember, although I would say that it definitely has the feel of a hotel gym, lacking in certain equipment in the weights room (e.g. proper squat rack, more olympic bars etc), but there's enough to get the job done in the shorter term. That the pool is a decent size (75ft/23m) is a definite bonus (and any kids werre generally well-behaved whenever I was there).

All in all, I will definitely be back at the Trump next time I visit Chicago.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago during your business trip and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

I have noted your comments regarding the eggs benedict and your feedback about our gym equipment. I would like to reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel in anyway disappointed after staying with us.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The views are absolutely amazing and the beds were perhaps the best ever!!! The hotel staff was very attentive. The hotel bar was definitely the place to be... we barely got a table. Be sure to visit the rooftop bar early as it closed before we got there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Furthermore, I am also thrilled that you had a pleasant time at our hotel bar, Rebar, during your visit. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Mount Shasta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

In town visiting friends and family the Trump was where I wanted to stay of course, but where should I go out? The Night Scene in Chicago is amazing but I wanted to make sure I went somewhere that was the Hottest Club or Restaurant so I asked for APATCHA at the Concierge Desk. She is "THE NOW" for Chicago. Everything I needed was handled by APATCHA, once you speak to her you will know why. I also liked that entire staff was genuinely nice. It seems they really do care about your well being and not the normal nose up in the air pretentious attitude.
The lobby is also very exciting seeing different movers and shakers in the City in and out and you see the trends of today. This is the "A List" place to stay.

Room Tip: The Snack Bar has treats and sweets I have never seen before. If you get the munchies late its good...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard your stay to be one of the best experiences you have had. Thank you sincerely for commending Apatcha Chong our Concierge and our service team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago? Share your experiences!