“Decadent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Warrington, PA
“Decadent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

On business in the Windy City I was pleased to see that the Trump Tower was associated with the conference I was attending...Hard to find any faults to the magnificent property. Greeted at the door, you don't get to bring your luggage upstairs. It is brought to you and followed by aa "orientation" on the room. Electric shade, espresso machine, the famous "in mirror" tv, spacious room, extremly comfortable, wonderful bed, fabulous shower/tub area, nothing is missing.
The service is amazing, the common areas impecable, restaurants are fabulous, exceptional stay!

Room Tip: I don't believe you can get a "bad" room but requesting a river view would be recommen...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent business trip and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was very pleased to learn that for my most recent business trip to Chicago I would be staying at the Trump.

My room was again spacious, although being on the west side of the building, my view wasn't as great as last time, even through I was on the 27th floor, but it was still a better view than from most hotels, so it really wasn't a let-down.

All of the staff were very friendly, eager to ensure that everything was perfect for my stay (which it was). Despite the freezing cold all week, the door staff were always in high spirits too. I only had breakfast once in the restaurant, and it was okay, but $20 for eggs benedict (where I could taste the vinegar used to piach the eggs) was a little steep, but the service was great nonetheless. The service in the bar was excellent, and it wasn't crazy expensive for spirits ($11 for a gin and tonic that was heavy on the gin).

The health club was just as good as I remember, although I would say that it definitely has the feel of a hotel gym, lacking in certain equipment in the weights room (e.g. proper squat rack, more olympic bars etc), but there's enough to get the job done in the shorter term. That the pool is a decent size (75ft/23m) is a definite bonus (and any kids werre generally well-behaved whenever I was there).

All in all, I will definitely be back at the Trump next time I visit Chicago.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago during your business trip and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

I have noted your comments regarding the eggs benedict and your feedback about our gym equipment. I would like to reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel in anyway disappointed after staying with us.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The views are absolutely amazing and the beds were perhaps the best ever!!! The hotel staff was very attentive. The hotel bar was definitely the place to be... we barely got a table. Be sure to visit the rooftop bar early as it closed before we got there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Furthermore, I am also thrilled that you had a pleasant time at our hotel bar, Rebar, during your visit. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Mount Shasta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

In town visiting friends and family the Trump was where I wanted to stay of course, but where should I go out? The Night Scene in Chicago is amazing but I wanted to make sure I went somewhere that was the Hottest Club or Restaurant so I asked for APATCHA at the Concierge Desk. She is "THE NOW" for Chicago. Everything I needed was handled by APATCHA, once you speak to her you will know why. I also liked that entire staff was genuinely nice. It seems they really do care about your well being and not the normal nose up in the air pretentious attitude.
The lobby is also very exciting seeing different movers and shakers in the City in and out and you see the trends of today. This is the "A List" place to stay.

Room Tip: The Snack Bar has treats and sweets I have never seen before. If you get the munchies late its good...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard your stay to be one of the best experiences you have had. Thank you sincerely for commending Apatcha Chong our Concierge and our service team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Richland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights for business meetings on site. The room was spacious, nice and luxurious... But the style was somewhat cold and masculine. The TV in the bathroom mirror is notorious... Frankly, I found it annoying because it was right in the way of fixing my hair or make up. The sower was nice, the bed was comfortable, the view was excellent. I loved the Nespresso machine in the room for the morning... Much better than a small brew pot! I also found the service very friendly. The concierge desk helped me locate a jeweler in the area who could change my watch battery in the day... Thanks Christopher! And then the friendly house car driver dropped me off. The doormen were always pleasant and smiling. The meeting room facilities were good too... Nice window views and the food was good. Overall, a top notch hotel.... Just personally prefer a cozier feel to the decor.

Room Tip: Get a good view!!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago during your recent trip to Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

I have noted your comments regarding the masculine feel of your hotel room and do apologize that it was not to your liking. However, I would highly suggest you stay in one of our spa rooms for your next visit with us. Our spa rooms have more of a feminine and cozy feel to them. I would like to reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel disappointed in any way after your stay with us.

We look forward to the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel and welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip to Chicago. Conference got a discounted rate at the Trump. The room was one of the biggest rooms I have had in a big city hotel room, even had exercise equipment in the room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Maybe a bit $$$ on your own, but for business, perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago during your business trip and for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It is great to hear that you not only had a positive experience at our property but that you also enjoyed the in-room exercise equipment. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We spent our 4 last night in Chicago at the trump to say our goodbye to the city. All together the hotel is incredible and the view was breathtaking (we had a view from a spa room on the river). The bathroom was incredible also and our bed was very confortable. The concierge and the reception were amazing, helpful and friendly.
I had grat experience at the spa and the nails salon.

Just a few remarks.
We were there with a baby and a toddler. The baby bed was perfect, but they installed my older daughter on a kind of sofa from which she felts down the whole 1st night. I had to ask for an extra bed, but the 1st night was a nightmare, this sofa is NOT a bed! The the room was knd of crowded with the sofa + the extrabed (the crib was never an issue as it was in the corridor.
In the afternoon, the swimming pool tended to be crouded with childrens and their nanny (not from the hotel.
The servers from the bar of the sixteen were neither very friendly neither very helpful.

It was a very expensive hotel. I would have expected everything to be perfect and was a little bit dispapointed by the extrabed issue. Altogether I would say that the spa room are not designed for an extrabed and they should have told me so.

Room Tip: spa rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago during your recent trip to Chicago. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experience with us.

I have noted your comments regarding the inconvenience you and your family went through due to the sofa bed. I would like to reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel in anyway disappointed after your stay with us.

Vice President, Managing Director

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago? Share your experiences!