“Wonderful Post Christmas Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis
“Wonderful Post Christmas Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was surprised to see the latest addition of the Gold List and where the Trump was rated. We go to Chicago each year after the holidays and have stayed many places including the Ritz and we are very well traveled so I feel I have a good basis for comparison. The Trump is by far one of the nicest properties in Chicago(much much much nicer than the Ritz). We had a river view suite with a fireplace, 2 full baths and full kitchen. We were traveling with two teens and the suite provided plenty of space for all of us to spread out. The kitchen was nice to store wine and cheese for a quick snack after a hard day of shopping while getting ready for dinner. It is fully equipped including china, crystal, cutlery,etc. The rooms are certainly NOT ordinary from a hotel stand point. I was a bit concerned about the location, but the walk to the other end of the Mile was not as bad as I anticipated. The Trump has a house Audi which we used several times for dinner. There is no question about where we will stay next time we go to Chicago as the Trump hands down is the winner - best room configuration, best furnishings, great bar, great service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. It is absolutely wonderful to know that you and your family had a memorable time at our hotel. Furthermore, I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our house Audi during your visit.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are considering returning. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Essen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Perfect hotel - very stylish rooms, outstanding service, very enjoyable room service. Very quiet, fantastic view over the city (actually made some of my best shots so far from Chicago skyline out of my hotel room's window...), Just do not drink the Trump still water if you do not get reimbursed by your sponsor... it's super expensive for really just plain water... But other than that, really enjoyed my stay there!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience with us. I am thrilled to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Crystal Lake Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Highly reccomend this hotel. I booked for my husbands birthday and booked the city view. When we arrived we were upgraded to River view which was awesome. Floor 27 with the best View. Room was perfect. Gave us a comp choclate truffles with a Happy Birthday card make out of choclate nice extra touch. Coffe was amazing and great choice on Hot Teas. We choice Shaws to eat at Sixteen a bit too pricy. Shaws was a short walk and Excellent dinner! Have drinks in the rebar. Enjoyed our room just wish Tub was bigger but loved it all. Truly was an amazing hotel will be back. Thank you for your Great Service Trump. Oh I even got a phone call a few days before asking if I needed anything. Did pillow request and call early but loved the pillows.

Room Tip: River view and High floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your husband's birthday and for taking the time to post a review about your experience. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your room along with the river view from the 27th floor. I do hope you will be returning to visit us again in the near future. We look forward to helping you celebrate another birthday or special occasion.

Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a fine hotel with impeccable service. We were offered cold bottles of water upon our arrival. Our boys ( boys 6 1/2 and 1 1/2 ) received complimentary Trump pig stuff animals. The concierge was helpful in getting us babysitting services for date night. Our family of four enjoyed the very large swimming pool. From the swimming pool room you can watch activities on the Chicago river. The rooms by the SPA is very large and luxurious. The bathroom mirrors have built in LCD tvs!!! This location is great because it is very close to good restaurants like the Slurping Turtle, Xoco and Michel star winner Naha. In addition it's close to the Google office and a 15 minute walk to the very popular Doughnut Vault. The CTA ( El Trains ) line are close by as well. We did have an issue with our room where the bathroom vent was pumping in a cigarette smell; but within a day, they promptly moved us to a smaller room but with a larger kitchen. All in all it was a great experience, I cannot wait to visit again!

Room Tip: pick the room close to the SPA
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience and that you regard our hotel as "a fine hotel with impeccable service". Thank you sincerely for commending our service team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received. Furthermore, I do apologize for the smoking smell that was coming into your room. I am thrilled, however, that our staff was able to accommodate your family into another room of your liking.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome your family's return to our hotel in the near future.

Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Trump hotel occupancy was full during our stay. Yet the entire Trump staff behaved as if my wife and I were the only guests on the property. That perception is a reality. Their attention to detail and overall outstanding service is second to none! We have stayed in many five star resorts & hotels (including our most recent stay at The St. Regis - Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point, CA), but Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago "TRUMPED" them all. We will add Trump properties to our consideration list for future travels. Thank you for a delightful experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, January 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor. I would also like to thank you for your ongoing loyalty to our hotel. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and other Trump properties in the very near future.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

As I was scrolling through Trip Advisors Travelers Choice 2013 Top 25 Hotels in the United States I was happy to see that the Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago made the list. This hotel truly deserves that accolade as it is nearly perfect. The property is sleek, modern and located within walking distance to fabulous restaurants and one of a kind shopping on Michigan Avenue. My BF and I stayed in December in a gorgeous one bedroom King Deluxe Suite with spectacular views of the Chicago River and the city skyline. Mr. Trump does it right with floor to ceiling windows in both the living area and bedroom so that there is nothing to obstruct the awesome view. The sophisticated décor, electric fireplace and heavenly bed made this a room we were happy to come back to after a day of sightseeing. I particularly loved that there were 2 bathrooms (one for me and one for you), the dressing area with full length mirror and vanity with magnifying makeup mirror.

Typically, when we are on vacation we don’t spend too much time in the room as we love to explore and get the most out of each city we visit. It says a lot that one of the three evenings we were in Chicago were spent in our room curled up on the sofa with the fireplace going, a movie on the TV, city lights glowing through the windows and room service. We were just so content that we didn’t feel the need to go anywhere! This brings me to the only one fault we found at this hotel – in room dining. The selection is plentiful, the service friendly and fast however the food was below average. For almost $150 I had a very bland bowl of chicken noodle soup and my BF had a poorly cooked steak drowned in some sort of onion sauce concoction. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming that is not the norm but my advice is definitely to venture out to one of the many fabulous restaurants in the area. Breakfast at Sixteen while still relatively expensive was absolutely scrumptious consisting of perfectly cooked eggs, bacon, sausage and delicious waffles.

Perhaps my favorite part of the hotel was the spa. I highly recommend taking some time to enjoy it. I had the deep tissue massage and Trump results facial using Kate Somerville products. I left feeling pampered and light as a feather. Both services were above average and the spa is quiet and soothing. Again, I absolutely love the floor to ceiling windows which line the hallway from the lounges to the treatment rooms, looking out onto that gorgeous city really enhances the mood of the hotel. The selection of products in the boutique is top notch as well.

Check in and check out were seamless. The staff is friendly and attentive yet noninvasive, a perfect combination! We have stayed at many top hotels across the country and call the Trump Hotel in Chicago the top city hotel we have visited.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn how much you and your boyfriend enjoy your time with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments concerning the attention we pay towards training and developing our colleagues and we understand the importance this plays in ensuring your holiday experience exceeds your expectations.

I have noted your suggestions regarding in room dining and will take this feedback onboard as an opportunity for our improvement.

Once again, thank you for continuing to chose to stay at Trump Chicago. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This hotel has a dramatic entrance and public space but after that it is just an ordinary big hotel. Granted the rooms are large and the bathrooms well appointed. The views of Chicago are good but this is a beautiful city when seen from many angles - not least from above.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Vice President, Managing Director

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago? Share your experiences!