I was really prepared to hate every minute of staying at the Trump when my husband and I pulled up and were completely ignored by the doorman, bellmen, and valets who were all standing about talking to one another. I'm fine with opening my own door and getting my own luggage out of the car and opening the lobby door on my own when I'm not staying at such a luxury accommodation. I expected a great deal more attention and was pretty disappointed especially when a valet finally noticed our presence and then stood by while I hauled my luggage and my husbands luggage out of our car myself as he watched. (My husband was trying to find the valet key for the car.) The doorman glanced at us but went right back to his conversation with the other staff and let us take care of ourselves. As we waited to check-in, I watched to see if this was their normal level of attention but everyone that pulled up after us, got the royal treatment. I actually began to have the rather unusual feeling of being roundly dismissed and was about ready to grab my husband and go back home. But then the lovely lady at the front desk greeted us warmly and after getting us quickly checked in, walked us to the elevator and got us started on our way to our room. From that moment on - our stay was heaven. Lest anyone think we arrived in a beater car wearing torn flannels and blue jeans - we did not. But even if we had, we should have gotten the exact same courtesy from the door staff as every other guest arriving at Trump. Anyway - on to the good parts. I had booked an Executive King Lake View room and we were impressed from the moment we walked in. The decor was warm and inviting. We had a king size bed with comfortable mattress and a variety of pillows. There was a great kitchen area with large refrigerator, microwave, a two burner stove top and even a dishwasher. Best of all there was a Nespresso machine with a selection of coffee and tea to make on our own. I loved the variety of bottled waters and couldn't resist trying at least one. There was a roomy seating area with a comfy couch, chair, ottoman and coffee table on which sat a lovely tray of fresh and dried fruits. We had a large LCD TV - looked like 42" and a Bose radio that we could connect our iPods to. The bathroom had two vanities, an enclosed shower stall and a huge soaking tub and piles of fluffy white towels. We threw open the curtains (actuallly they open with a switch on the wall!!!) in the main room and stood looking at a view that we had never had the pleasure of seeing in all the years that we have lived in Chicago and stayed in the city. We were pretty much eye-level with the Wrigley clock tower and felt like we were floating on the river. We could see Navy Pier and the lake as well as Michigan Avenue and several of the architecturally beautiful buildings along the river. We were mesmerized. And we used to live in the city with a great view of the lake and Navy Pier as well as the north side but this was a truly exceptional and special view. And of course, everything was still lit up for Christmas which made it extra special. My husband and I both run our own businesses and were much in need of a relaxing weekend and our room at the Trump was the perfect place to unwind. We spent more time in our room then out enjoying the city! One of the great surprises of the weekend was the free WiFi. One of my biggest complaints in my reviews of other special accommodations in the city is their propensity to charge you a king's ransom to access the internet so I was fully expecting Trump to do the same. In fact, I didn't even bring my laptop figuring I'd be just fine with my phone. I would've enjoyed writing this review on my computer while enjoying our fabulous view! I still wish my first impression would've been more on the level with the exceptional service we received later. One of my favorite hotels in Chicago has a doorman that remembers my name from the moment we are introduced and addresses me by it my entire stay which is a great personal touch. Fortunately, the Trump doormen we encountered later were on top of things and when we called for our car, it was waiting for us as soon as we stepped off the elevator, so I'm hoping that our first impression was an aberration. We will definitely give Trump another chance to impress!
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Amex, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.