Stayed here for a recent business trip and was blown away by the amenities, the room and the location. First off, when you check in they give you hot towels to wipe your hands. My room was on the Spa Floor (14M) and was by far, the nicest room I've ever stayed in. You need your key card to access the elevators but one keycard will work even if you have people going to multiple floors.
The room was enormous with a king size bed, couch, 2 chairs, a table, a desk etc. Even with all the furniture, there was a big open space and it could have easily fit 8 people comfortably (not to sleep but to be in the room) and then some. The nicest part was the window. One half of the room was entirely covered by windows that had an amazing view of the river, the lake and the Chicago skyline. Automatic curtains slowly opened to reveal the breathtaking view. There as even a set of binoculars to go with the view.
The room featured plenty of cable channels (including the entire HBO lineup), workout videos and a set of weights (The room was big enough so that 6 people could work out to a DVD together if they had too), a soaking tub with a set of spa bath salts, body creams etc, a stand up shower, a TV in the bathroom mirror so that you could watch TV while you were getting ready, lighting that you could change with a touch of a button (evening, daytime, fully on, nightlights etc), fluffy robes, coffeemaker, fridge and decent bar to name a few.
The bed was super comfortable and in the morning they had complimentary Harney and Son tea and coffee.
I will say that the service was just ok and not as good as other luxury hotels I've stayed in such as the the Four Seasons. No one offered to take my luggage when I walked in, no one attempted to open the door when the car pulled up, and in the morning when I left, I needed a cab and there were a bunch of people standing around talking and no one asked if I needed a ride/cab etc. I had to approach them. Also, there was no cream at the complimentary coffee/tea area. I mention this not because I'm being a snob but just to give a comparison against other luxury (and even not so luxurious) properties.
All in all the room itself was nothing short of amazing but the service can be a better. I still gave it 5 stars because I was blown away by the room and amenities, but as mentioned, service was not up to par with other hotels in the same category.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago