“Trump Chicago and dining review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

You added Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago to your Saves list
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Comp Parking + F&B Credit
Ranked #10 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Trump Chicago and dining review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We spent a weekend night at the Trump Hotel Chicago. During this time we had the opportunity dine at Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab. We also utilized public transportation.

Trump Hotel: This may be the most amazing location from which to explore downtown Chicago. One block from Michigan Avenue and the Magnificent mile. Easy walks to Millennium Park and Gold Coast attractions. What we found most amazing about this place is the views. From top levels of the hotel (Sixteen restaurant or 14th floor fitness center) the panoramic views of major city attractions is unmatched. We have stayed at the Ritz, Four Season, Peninsula, Talbot, W Hotel, and Park Hyatt. None of these hotels are even close when it comes to the views you can get from your this hotel. This hotel also exceeds all of the above in service. I cannot tell you how many times we were amazed at how polished all staff are in their presentation. Everyone makes eye contact. Every staff member greets you. Desk staff and doormen attempt to remember your name. All staff smile when addressing you and guests are never imposing. Guests that approach the front desk are immediately greeted by a staff member. No one is ever too busy to stop what they are doing and give you their complete/full attention. This is in stark contrast to one week prior when we stayed in Cambridge, MA at the Charles Hotel where every time I approached the front desk I had to wait for the staff to complete their paperwork or computer work prior to helping me (sometimes up to a minute or two). Not here. Everything is instant. It is amazing. Finally we got what we paid for....respect, a smile, "what else can I do to help you", etc.

We are truly amazed. We have vacationed in cities throughout the world. We frequent the Ritz Carlton brand. In most American cities we have been in (San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, St. Louis, Atlanta, Washington D.C.) we have always chosen the most expensive hotel because we are big on customer service. The Trump Chicago is the best we have experienced in this regard.

We rented a one bedroom suite at the Trump. I was HUGE! Beautifully decorated. Every amenity we could think of including espresso machine.

The hotel is one block walk from Hubbard St. and Rush restaurants and short walk to theatre district.

We toured the fitness center just prior to checking out. It is superior! Most fitness equipment directed toward amazing views from 14th floor. All types of fitness classes. Great Spa. It is an entity unto itself.

Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab: A four minute walk from Trump. The type of place where all of the waiters wear tuxedos and all wait-staff are professional lifetime waiters. Our waiter was Darren. He was excellent. Stone crab was great. Key Lime pie was also very good. Cocktails amazing. We will go back to this place. Crab cakes were amazing and better than crab cakes I had in New England area just a week prior. We will go back to this place.

Chicago "subway" system: We try public transportation when we go to major cities (recently Paris and Boston but also New York, Toronto, Washington D.C.). We found the "L" to be quite a bit older and less clean in appearance than the other cities. The cleanliness of the stations was on par with other cities but insides of trains left something to be desired. Rides were also quite a bit more bumpy and unsettling. Frequency of trains seemed to be less on a Saturday night when you would think that they would be very frequent. The other cities we have travelled to made us feel that we may not own a car if we lived in those cities. In Chicago, I think we will keep our car.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your next visit in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

First time staying at any Trump hotel, and I have to say this is a 5 star property all the way. Check-in was quick and easy, the room (river view) was amazing, just an phenomenal view to wake up to every morning! I love the Nespresso coffee machine, made a great cup of coffee. The quality of the furnishings, linens, bathroom are all what you would expect in a fine property. The location really makes this hotel extra special, its right on the Chicago river, and is bordered by the “Loop” (great shops, theaters and restaurants), Michigan Avenue, and a trendy area with plenty of bars and restaurants. Everything seems to be an $8-10 cab ride away. Had a conference here, the rooms were very well appointed, and the quality of food was perhaps the best I’ve had for a meeting (certainly better than the Four Seasons or Ritz). Overall, great place to stay for business, shopping, spa weekend, etc..

Room Tip: River view is amazing, but you will get traffic noise (hotel doesn't have the best quality of wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for your second visit.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I simply cannot fault this hotel. The facilities were great, location is ideal but the best part was how friendly and helpful the staff are.

I never take the effort to write this sort of review but on this occassion I deemed it necessary.

Whenever I am in Chicago I will be sure to stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago during your recent trip to Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our associates and know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

From the moment you enter the hotel you are waited on hand and foot from the hotel staff. We received a bottle of water and hot towel upon check-in. The room was nice and the views from this hotel are arguably the best in Chicago. As a guest, you can use the spa where there's a work out area, steam room, sauna, pool, and shower. We enjoyed using all the products in the locker rooms and there are a ton of them to use! The hotel has a free car service that will take you anywhere within a mile of the hotel. (Interesting that they won't pick you up though...).

Likes: service...they do it right! We went to the Ritz and found ourselves saying, "This is no Trump Hotel.". Atmosphere...the decor was classic elegannce. The spa is incredible. Free car service was a great touch.

Dislikes: can't say there was one. A mild dislike was the temperature on our floor. We were on the 18th floor and the temperature on that floor was hot and it seemed "stuffy". We kept our room temperature on 65 degrees and were hot. One other issue is that they didn't mop our bathroom floor and I had to ask housekeeping to come back. However, they took care of it immediately and followed up with a call to our room to see if it was done to our liking.

Overall I'm glad we picked this hotel and were not disappointed. Worth the money to be treated that well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard your stay to be one of the best experiences you have had. Thank you sincerely for commending our service team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

SIgnal Mountain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Spent two nights...

Not my cup of tea, though: too corporate, too sterile, too puckered!

However, it is perfect, clean, modern, glitzy, and very expensive! (Tempting, beautifully merchandized bottles of water for sale in my room began at $10 and went up to $28. For water!) This place is definitely about the "sizzle"! I prefer more charm, history, character, and substance! It's the place to see and be seen!

The staff and service is outstanding and will do anything and everything to please... Excellent!

Room Tip: Time it right and you may get to be photographed with The Donald!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Okay I don't like The Donald. I don't like him , his politics, his attitude but I have to say he knows how to run a hotel.
We chose this hotel to host a industry conference of 100 and I was skeptical when my marketing director pitched it. Somehow I associate Trump with tacky Atlantic City Casinos. Okay I was wrong ..I was beyond wrong I was completely won over
First the suite I was in was the nicest , understated and most comfortable suite I've ever stayed in...and I've stayed in a lot of hotels it was well maintained and really well thought out and fitted out.
The meeting facilities were outstanding and incredibly well maintained and the food exceeded all expectations and demonstrated real thought. High quality and beautifully presented To be honest from a facility perspective and a food and beverage point of view I can only praise and not think of a single thing I would criticize.

I loved the restaurant 16. Great food and a fantastic room

Of course a 5 star hotel is really about the service and again they didn't drop a beat.
I left my briefcase in the car I took from the airport..of course the front desk staff tracked it down and had it in my suite 2 hours after I left it.

The wait staff was professional and incredibly accommodating They handled last minute dietary issues and attendee finicky ness as if the menu had been developed with them in mind.
The convention staff attentive and first rate and housekeeping was fantastic and unobtrusive. It was a lesson in customer service and focus and very pleasant

I cannot praise the service and staff at this hotel more. I imagine that management must be quite proud of their team but never content to rest. It's a fantastic city hotel

I arrived wanting to leave ...I left wanting to move in . I cannot praise the hotel and is staff enough okay Donald ... I'll now go out of my way to stay at your hotels from now on . I'm a believer

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you would recommend your experience.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your second visit in the very near future.

Hinsdale, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My family and I have spent the last two Chicago Marathon weekends at the Trump. We've also stayed there a number of other times, for different reasons - but the result is always the same: bliss. I challenge any hotel you can think of to come up with a more efficient, polite, helpful, and anticipatory staff. Service is just outstanding. Yes, the rooms are nice. Yes, the views are excellent. Yes, the pool is fun. Yes, the Spa offers fantastic massages in a serene environment. Yes, ReBar is a chic place to enjoy a cocktail. But, the key is this: The. Service. Is. INCREDIBLE. No reason to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that your stay during the Chicago Marathon exceeded your expectations and that we were able to ensure your stay with us was relaxing and memorable.

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel to your friends.

Vice President, Managing Director

Been to Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago? Share your experiences!