Chicago is home to many first class hotels. My family has stayed at many of them, but we agree this definitely wins.
Many Chicagoans resisted the idea that Trump could come in, build a new skyscraper and a great hotel to boot - the same way we resisted the name change from Sears to Willis Tower (it's still the Sears Tower) or sale of Marshall Fields to Macy's (it's still Marshall Fields to us) but the Trump is a legitimate contender in the top rung.
Rooms - huge! We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was 1200 square feet and had 2 bathrooms. We would have paid a couple hundred more $ for the Peninsula's (or Ritz or 4 Seasons) 900 square foot junior suite with 1 bathroom. Perfect for family of four. Rooms still look new, expected from a 4 yr old hotel. Has all the high tech bells and whistles ie remote drapes, tv in bathroom mirror, etc. The kitchen is a great addition specially for any family. We bought food at a nearby Trader Joe's and and stocked our full sized refrigerator well.
Bathroom - very nice and well equipped. Lovely limestone tiles and fittings. Huge as well. Water pressure could have been better; shower door has 1/2 ich gap that other reviewers mentioned; the sliding door to bathroom has no lock. The toiletries, while not branded Molton Brown / l'Occitane / Bvlgari of the aforementioned hotels, were very nice - light lemongrassy scent and in bigger bottles. They have the nicest bathrobes I have seen in any hotel.
Kid friendly - the kids adored this hotel. They were treated to cotton candy and cap at check-in, chocolate in the room, etc etc. The pool was bigger than 4 Seasons or Ritz, probably as big as the Peninsula, with all the pool toys to boot. I should say that if you are an adult looking for a serene experience at the pool you may be disappointed. Free play station and videos provided by concierge sealed the deal for them.
Housekeeping - could be improved. Turn down was perfect one night, incomplete the second (no foot towel, no shoe shine bag, toiletries not restocked). Request to fix a nonworking drape not addressed. No hangers in one closet. Fuji water provided every night was a nice touch. The room was spotless however.
Concierge - very helpful. Made numerous calls on our behalf and seemed genuinely willing to please.
Value - granted all 5 star hotels in Chicago are not cheap. Room service breakfast for 2 was $80, valet at $50/night. We ate out much of the time - Foodlife, Qdoba, many restaurants within a couple of blocks), and there's a Mcdonalds a block away. When we we considered the extra space, lower rates vs. comparable hotels, free wifi (I think the Ritz et al still charge for that), availability of a kitchen which allows you to save money on food - Trump delivers more for your hard earned $.
Service - very good overall. This is where aforementioned hotels are slightly superior. There's simply a certain maturity and confidence to the service at those hotels that Trump staff need to acquire. But the enthusiasm is definitely there.
Would we come here again? Yes! We'll back - hopefully very soon!
PS - highly recommend the CityPass if you are touring Chicago seriously. And the deluge shower in the gym area is terrific.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago