“Could've been better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Flatwater - CLOSED

Flatwater
321 North Clarke Street, Chicago, IL 60610 (Near North Side)
312-644-0283
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Des Plaines, IL
“Could've been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

With such a great location, I was really disappointed. We opened the menu and there wasn't much that caught our eye.

We decided to play it safe and went with the seafood, Sea Bass and the Mahi Mahi. The Sea Bass was cook just right. The Mahi Mahi was overcooked and the risotto that came with it was undercooked.

The service and decor was ok. The host abandoned his post for for than five minutes and while we were standing there, there wasn't even a waiter or waitress to direct any attention to us.

I definitely won't miss not coming to this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

South Holland, Illinois
“Planning to return soon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I planned a Bribal Shower Brunch on a Sunday for a colleague. It was AWESOME! Heard that the banana pancakes,and crab cakes were Delicious! My chili rubbed steak sandwich was cooked to perfection! (Medium rare) The view of the river , while eating , was fantastic! BTW, did i mention the LIVE music?? Just made everything perfect!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Great atmosphere, wonderful food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I was there on Sunday, June 13th. It was a fairly cool and overcast afternoon, but we decided to sit outside regardless. The view was perfect. Nothing like sitting on the river having brunch in Chicago. The jazz band was great, tho a tad loud, but we did sit right in front of them. No biggie. The food was excellent. We had the calamari which was cooked perfectly, and a large size order. The dipping sauce was SOOO yummy. I also ordered the crabcake benedict which was delicious! My boyfriend ordered the steak sandwhich and it was cooked perfectly, very tender and quite yummy. No dessert, but we did enjoy mimosas and bloodys ($5 at Sunday Brunch). Overall, this place was great. I would definitely recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice terrace. Virgin Mojito.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

Nice terrace. Virgin Mojito.

miami
“Go Elsewhere!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

My best friend and I had lunch there a few weeks ago, and we were not at all impressed. The woman at the door was a complete snob and looked at us up and down as though we were dressed like slobs. We were led to our table and waited 20 minutes before a waiter came to take our order. The food was overpriced and not anything out of this world. The service was terrible! Not only did we wait 20 minutes to place our order, I then later had to flag down my waiter for ketchup - and then again for our check. I would NOT reccommend this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage Flatwater, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.