“"My 1st or Last Stop Everytime I Visit Chicago"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of David Burke's Primehouse

David Burke's Primehouse
616 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611-2712 (Near North Side)
312-660-6000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
David Burke's Primehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #524 of 8,390 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Ontario Street
Transit: Red Line- State and Grand
Description: David Burke's Primehouse in The James Hotel features a modern steakhouse menu with hand-picked meats that are dry-aged for 28 to 75 days in a Himalayan salt-tiled aging room on premise.An intimate new destination for special gatherings, Burke's Dining Room is a noteworthy addition to David Burke's Primehouse. Conceived as a modern interpretation of the classic "chef's table" meant for private dining, it serves to complement Chef Burke's progressive, whimsical fare.#1 Steakhouse in Chicago - Chicago magazineBest Burger in the U.S. - Food & WineBest Steakhouses in the U.S. - USA TodayBest Steak Ever - Rahm Fama of Food Network Chicago Tribune"The complex, earthy flavors that dry aging brings out had me swooning. This is the kind of meat I want my server to set in front of me when I go out and pay top dollar for a restaurant steak. The extra layer of richness the brushed-on 'beef love' added really put this one over the top."
DETROIT
“"My 1st or Last Stop Everytime I Visit Chicago"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Depending on the time I arrive in Chicago, I always stop to have lunch at David Burke's the staff is unbelievable and the food is awesome. If you're there during lunch try their special, this time I had Salad, Steak, Mushrooms & Onions and Fried Green Beans (added but well worth it) and Dessert was the Baked Alaska which was amazing. Oh let's not forget the Martini that comes with the meal and if you want additional it's $5 per drink which is a great price in Chicago. I can't remember the Hostess name but she remembers me each and everytime I arrive, I don't know what I would do if she ever leaves David Prime's it wouldn't be the same. If my memory is correct by Server was Jose' and he was great as well. I met the Manager (Very Tall Guy) he definitely worked the floor which I love to see and more Managers need to do. This is a 5 Star Restaurant and I will definitely be back in March for my every 3 - 4 month visit to Chicago.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lockport, Illinois
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My daughter and I ate here for breakfast one morning while staying at the adjacent James hotel. I had an omelet and a diet coke and my daughter had blueberry pancakes and orange juice - price before tip $36. Service and food was good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Pretty good overall - some things were great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner at Primehouse. The tuna appetizer wasn't our favorite but it was average. The caesar salad made tableside was probably our favorite thing. The wine that was recommended was also enjoyable. My husband had one of the dry aged rib eyes and enjoyed it. I had the filet mignon which was good, but nothing too great. We really enjoyed the truffle mashed potatoes. Overall it was a good meal, but we're not sure if we'd go again on our next visit to Chicago. We may want to try another place.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“can be good, can be bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

been to david burkes twice, both times for lunch. the first time i had a daily special of their pork sandwich, which was phenomenal. service that day was great too, and the decor of the restaurant very appealing. however, the second time round, i ordered a lobster salad which was mundane, tasteless and rubbery. i would still give it a go again in the future but i hope quality does not fluctuate as much as it has during my 2 visits.

Visited November 2012
Springfield, Illinois
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Food and service were excellent! Ask for Jeremy!
He made our Ceasar salads right at the table!
The wait staff did an excellent job.

Visited December 2012