“Lovely on many counts!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District

You added Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District to your Saves list
Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 W Monroe St, Chicago, IL 60603 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park/Play Discount
Ranked #15 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Lovely on many counts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Lobby staff was excellent!! Very, very helpful on many counts. The breakfast area is far too small. The rooms are very nicely appointed. Plus the location cannot be beat -- we walked everywhere we wanted to go downtown and around the corner caught the redline to head to the Apollo theater and Wrigley!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ross G, General Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. So glad that you found our front desk team so “excellent” & our location so wonderful.

I am sorry that you found the breakfast area small. Our historic Majestic Building was built in 1905 & has some gorgeous architecture. Because the building is over 105 years old, large floor layouts were not possible with building technologies of the early 1900s. We would love to have our breakfast area larger, but our breakfast area takes up the entirety of our 4th floor. While it can get crowded, we do try our staff keep the line moving at the highest efficiency as possible during these busy times. For those looking to avoid the crowds, we suggest to enjoy breakfast before 8:30am. We also provide trays so that ours guests may enjoy breakfast in the comfort of their room.

Thank you for your feedback & we look forward to hosting you at the Hampton Majestic the next time you are in Chicago.

Ross Guthrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Inverness, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Excellent location for the theater, lakefront, parks and museum campus. Put on your walking shoes and enjoy Chicago. Great restaurants all around. Staff is helpful and very friendly. We have stayed there over 5 times and will go back again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

BrandiCartmill, Guest Services Representative at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear retireesininverness,

Thank you so much for reviewing the Hampton Majestic again. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and we will continue to provide you with great service each and every time you visit us. We will see you again the next time you visit Chicago!

Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Our family of four recently spent a night here. What a great location in the heart of Chicago! We were within a reasonable walk to many popular sights, including Navy Pier, Millenium Park, and the Magnificent Mile. The staff was very courteous and helpful, and really made our 3-year-old feel special. The front desk staff was able to book a boat tour for us, as well, which saved us a phone call and was ver convenient. Our room was clean, comfy, and quite spacious. Considering the location and amenities, the price was quite reasonable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear travelling_gabby,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hampton Majestic. We always do our best to accommodate each and every guest we come into contact with to make their experiences pleasant. So it’s always a pleasure to know when we meet and exceed expectations. The next time you visit Chicago; we hope you make us your first choice again!

Troy, MI, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The overall experience at this Hampton Inn was excellent. Above all, the service provided by the hotel staff was exceptional... especially Samantha the hotel manager. She made this stay among the best hotel experiences for my family and I. When we are back in Chicago, this is where we are staying!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Sean F,

We greatly appreciate you reviewing our hotel. Samantha is an awesome part of our team, and we are glad she made your experience so wonderful! We definitely would love to have you again when you come back to Chicago.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stay at Hampton Inns quite a bit. I love the comfort, cleanliness and convenience of the complimentary breakfast. This Hampton is a beautiful older building with a lot of charm. The furnishings and decor are new, fresh, clean and comfortable. The location of this hotel in downtown Chicago is perfect! It's within walking distance of many downtown attractions including Grant Park, Navy Pier, Michigan Ave, Willis Tower and more. The hotel itself and my room were A+++. It's very good value for the price. However, I couldn't rate this stay as Excellent because of a problem I had with valet parking. The valet parking at this hotel is very convenient. Expensive ($55 per night) but convenient. However, on the day I checked out I brought my valet ticket to the valet staff and asked that my car be ready for pickup in 45 mins. The staff was busy and unfortunately they forgot my request. So when I showed up, someone had to go and get my car which took 15-20 mins while I waited. They were very apologetic but that didn't help with the fact I was now late. Despite the problem with valet parking, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Dear SKinMN,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! One of the main things that people love about our hotel is the convenience of location whether it’s for business trip or vacation with the family. There are plenty attractions close by as well as a massive amount of delicious restaurants. Lastly, we would like to apologize again for the inconvenience you experienced while visiting Chicago, and we will definitely work on better options to accommodate our guests better. We are glad you chose stay with us, and hope to see you again in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I took my usual annual vacation to Lollapalooza this year and decided to choose a different hotel. I was looking for something with free wifi and stumbled upon the Hampton Inn Majestic. It was better than I had hoped, although I experienced two easily correctable hang ups. They offered a lovely breakfast buffet every morning and a 24 hour coffee and tea selection. Online, it said microwaves and refrigerators would be available for daily rent. I asked several times and instead of being told they were not available, which would have been fine, I was promised one would be sent up to my room. I didn't appreciate that that never happened but I just curbed my trip to not need one. For check out, the slip under my door included a charge for the wifi. Every time I logged in it said the fee was zero dollars. Again, something I did not appreciate. The charge was removed and the stay was comfortable with quiet floors and quiet rooms. All in all, I'd stay there again. The location was just a few blocks away from Millennium and Grant Park with easy access to public transportation,

Room Tip: I would suggest a room far from the elevator.
Green Features: Offered a service to keep towels until the end of your stay by hanging them up.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Samantha R, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Kimberly F ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience here at The Hampton Majestic. I am sorry to hear that we fell short on your request for a mini fridge and microwave. They are based upon availability. I do apologize for the team not following through though as it is very important that the team does so. I will be sure to bring this review to the teams attention so that we don't fall short again. It sounds like there was a glitch in the system when it came to your wifi charges. Like everyother Hampton, we offer complimentary wifi. I specifically remember this Sunday morning removing your charges for you. This is the first time I have seen this happen. I hope you enjoyed yourself at Lollapalooza. We hope we get the opportunity for you to give us a second chance. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and I have to say that we are fortunate to have such an amazing group of team members at the property. Again, I apologize for falling short on your expectations. Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if I can be of further assistance.

Samantha A. Rice
Guest Experience Manager
Wadena, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel was perfect for our recent trip to Chicago. We had tickets for three baseball games-one for the Cubs at Wrigley Field and two for Twins/White Sox. It could not have been easier to get to both stadiums. The red line train is literally just around the corner from the hotel, less than a block away and it drops you off right at both stadiums-20 minutes to Wrigley and 10 minutes to Sox. We were also interested in Chicago theatre, most of the major theaters are just a short walk away and we also went to the Steppenwolf Theatre and that was just a quick trip on the red line. Most of the major tourist attractions are also within walking distance. The Chicago Institute of Art and Millenium Park are just a few blocks away and the museum campus (Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium and Adler Planetarium) and Soldier Field are one direction and Navy Pier and shopping along Magnificent Mile are the other direction. The location is perfect to see and do Chicago up right. When you check in, they give you a long list of restaurants within about 6 blocks of the hotel and there are many more in all price ranges and types of food within walking distance. The staff is excellent-friendly and attentive. There is a free breakfast every morning from 6am to 10am and that is well staffed with people cleaning tables and re-stocking food. It is a smaller hotel in a very beautiful historic building but our room was very nice sized, clean and up to date. One of the bigger Chicago theaters is right in the same building, however there was not a show on while we were there. We always felt safe around the hotel, very active neighborhood with all the hotels and restaurants in the area and the hotel security is also very good. You can get to the lobby on the fourth floor without a room key but all guest floors require a room key. There is always somebody at the door and late at night we needed our key to just get in the building. It would be nice to see a room safe in the rooms but that is very minor. We had a great time in Chicago and will definitely be back, and this will certainly be our first choice as a place to stay.

Dear RXCOUPLE,
Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. The loop of Chicago is a very happening area in the city. We are in a very convenient and safe area where people are able to walk to most of the attractions, and we have a great public transit system to the places that may be out of the way. We are so glad to know you enjoyed your time with us while visiting Chicago.

Guest Services Representative

Been to Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District? Share your experiences!